News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Surferboy567

I think theirs one key thing we are forgetting, we are operating on the assumption that it’s a carousel. It really could be anything besides what our insiders have disproved (the dark ride) what a shame.

I feel like in Mary Poppins Returns their is a fair scene that would translate BEAUTIFULLY to the UK pavilion and since Disney assuming they want to go cheap. All they would have to do is retheme some of the shops in the UK to cherry tree lane and take the garden area they have now and make it the fair from the movie balloon lady and all. Of course I want a dark ride as much as the next guy but since that’s off the table we have to see if we can speculate other things. The main point while likely the carousel/spinner idea is just an Assumption it could be any ride system the imagineers decide. She deserves so much more then a simple spinner (so does Aladdin but thats a story for a different time).

EDIT: I’m just happy to see that Poppins gets SOMETHING in the parks . Hopefully they can do this right.

EDIT 2: Man a Royal dalton area would also be awesome

Last edited:

jt04

I'm still not sure that a park needs flat rides, but I do agree that adding one here is not a travesty just a little underwhelming. A carousel set in a park in the UK pavilion at least kind of fits the theme, though I suspect it will count more as theming than an attraction for most people.

Adding the Aladdin spinner in Morocco would, however, be a travesty! 😮

Not if it was placed on or partially over the lagoon.

Timothy_Q

A little off topic but we can all agree that Aladdin, one of the best Disney movies a legend in it's own right deserves more then a spinner. Right?
Can you imagine a dark ride where you're on a magic carpet going through the cave of wonders and it's using the robotic arm tech that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey uses? omg....
I wouldn't doubt seeing an Aladdin ride showing up for the 3rd phase of TDR's current expansion.

Considering that power plant building at Arabian Coast is rumored to be moving somewhere else

WowFactor

Until one of our insiders says 'greenlit' to one of the options, it seems that it may be Mary or Brave and a carousel or a very simple dark ride.

Surferboy567

Well I’ve got some news...According to Jim Hill while Mary Poppins Returns will turn a profit for Disney apparently executives have told the imagineers working on shows and attractions coming to the UK pavilon to “pump the breaks” if this is true I’m heartbroken. Can any of our insiders confirm this? I know @marni1971 basically said a small type of ride is coming is this still the case? I don’t normally like to tag them but I think this warrants it @marni1971 @MisterPenguin

Magenta Panther

Well I’ve got some news...According to Jim Hill while Mary Poppins Returns will turn a profit for Disney apparently executives have told the imagineers working on shows and attractions coming to the UK pavilon to “pump the breaks” if this is true I’m heartbroken. Can any of our insiders confirm this? I know @marni1971 basically said a small type of ride is coming is this still the case? I don’t normally like to tag them but I think this warrants it @marni1971 @MisterPenguin

So Disney's suits are apparently having second thoughts about a Poppins attraction just because the sequel-that-nobody-wanted underperformed at the box office? Well isn't that just peachy. Never mind the place that the original Mary Poppins film has in Disney history. Never mind that it was Walt's crowning cinematic achievement. Who cares about that? They'd rather give park property and money to an overrated flash-in-the-pan non-Disney IP like Avatar. What a flock of turkeys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom