News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

yensidtlaw1969

Just so it's known, Disney isn't sitting there thinking "Hmm, should we build a C-Ticket now and call it done, or do we build an A-Ticket now and in a few years once we're settled we'll build an E-Ticket to go with it? I just can't decide".

It's been stated plenty of times, in this thread alone, that they have no intention of building an E-Ticket attraction in the UK Pavilion. Might as well get the nicest thing they're tempted to offer. I can't imagine I'd find myself riding a Poppins C-Ticket saying "It's nice, but I wish they'd built a smaller ride instead.

FigmentFan82

Just so it's known, Disney isn't sitting there thinking "Hmm, should we build a C-Ticket now and call it done, or do we build an A-Ticket now and in a few years once we're settled we'll build an E-Ticket to go with it? I just can't decide".

It's been stated plenty of times, in this thread alone, that they have no intention of building an E-Ticket attraction in the UK Pavilion. Might as well get the nicest thing they're tempted to offer. I can't imagine I'd find myself riding a Poppins C-Ticket saying "It's nice, but I wish they'd built a smaller ride instead.
Greatly agreed. Also, it may be a tired excuse, but doesn't make it any less valid...I'm a new father and while I love the big E-ticket attractions, I can't wait to experience the rides that she'll be able to go on when she's young and first experiencing the parks. I love Disney as an adult, but we can't forget that very important group of young people who find just as much joy, if not more, than we do in these attractions.

montyz81

I hear what your saying. For instance a Titanic based science ride etc. I just think fantasy and sci-fi plays to Disney's strengths. And most importantly, guest's expectations. IMO.
Which is the driver for sure! Universal has proven that. I will continue to hope for the future of Futureworld.

SirWillow

I would rather not settle for a C ticket dark ride in World Showcase. Anywhere else I get the argument. But WS should be more than that. Spinner is a good stop gap measure.

I'm not sure what the hate for "c ticket" rides is. Back in the days of tickets Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White's Adventures, the Mad Tea Party... those were all C tickets. I see nothing wrong with putting a modern equivalent version of one of those there. Not every ride has to be an e-ticket. Having a variety of types is a good thing.

jt04

I'm not sure what the hate for "c ticket" rides is. Back in the days of tickets Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White's Adventures, the Mad Tea Party... those were all C tickets. I see nothing wrong with putting a modern equivalent version of one of those there. Not every ride has to be an e-ticket. Having a variety of types is a good thing.

C tickets in WS seems underwhelming. They fit perfectly at the MK. I just think they could easily go D level in the manner they did with Frozen in Norway.

Creathir

I find it humorous how we attach a "ticket" value to modern rides which existed well after the days of ride tickets...
I understand it's just our way of describing the complexity of a ride, but some of it is quite subjective.

Many of the films in WS would have been B ticket attractions by the standards of yesterday, though today I would imagine most would consider them to be A ticket attractions.

Back in the day, the Cinderella's Golden Carrousel was an A ticket ride, yet I could easily see a C ticket rating being applied to a properly themed, double decker doozie.

The Columbia Carousel from Six Flags Great America (there's also one a the CA park) comes to mind.
Now obviously Disney would need to make it their own, but it would certainly go a long way to helping suck the crowds, and if done right, would offer little to complain about.

Obviously a steeplechase style of ride would be amazing to have, particularly if it was setup as a dark ride, but I'll take whatever we can get! RAT will be opening up just across the channel, really we need something back around Germany/Italy to help draw the crowds that direction... thankfully it sounds like that's probably where a new adventure will soon be found.

ToTBellHop

I find it humorous how we attach a "ticket" value to modern rides which existed well after the days of ride tickets...
I understand it's just our way of describing the complexity of a ride, but some of it is quite subjective.

Many of the films in WS would have been B ticket attractions by the standards of yesterday, though today I would imagine most would consider them to be A ticket attractions.

Back in the day, the Cinderella's Golden Carrousel was an A ticket ride, yet I could easily see a C ticket rating being applied to a properly themed, double decker doozie.

The Columbia Carousel from Six Flags Great America (there's also one a the CA park) comes to mind.
Now obviously Disney would need to make it their own, but it would certainly go a long way to helping suck the crowds, and if done right, would offer little to complain about.

Obviously a steeplechase style of ride would be amazing to have, particularly if it was setup as a dark ride, but I'll take whatever we can get! RAT will be opening up just across the channel, really we need something back around Germany/Italy to help draw the crowds that direction... thankfully it sounds like that's probably where a new adventure will soon be found.
Disney still uses “tickets” in its nomenclature. It’s always been subjective as it’s at least partially based on popularity. Some will argue Rat isn’t an E but that’s honestly silly. It’s a large-scale, heavily themed, marquis attraction for the park it will open in. That’s an E. Some attractions fall in letter over time when they stop being marquis attractions (i.e. they become less of a draw to guests; see Country Bear Jamboree).

I’ll be roasted but right now, Slinky Dog Dash would be an E. That is, if they still charged per ride, you’d pay the most for it. I suppose popularity trumps all other factors in the traditional ticketing strategy.

shortstop

Disney still uses “tickets” in its nomenclature. It’s always been subjective as it’s at least partially based on popularity. Some will argue Rat isn’t an E but that’s honestly silly. It’s a large-scale, heavily themed, marquis attraction for the park it will open in. That’s an E. Some attractions fall in letter over time when they stop being marquis attractions (i.e. they become less of a draw to guests; see Country Bear Jamboree).

I’ll be roasted but right now, Slinky Dog Dash would be an E. That is, if they still charged per ride, you’d pay the most for it. I suppose popularity trumps all other factors in the traditional ticketing strategy.
I always took modern-day interpretation of ticket levels to be more about scale of ride rather than quality or popularity. For example, Rat is an e-ticket, but not very good (IMO, having ridden it), while Alice in Wonderland in DL is likely a c-ticket but one of my favorite rides in DL.

To prevent this from going off-topic, I’d be thrilled with a c-ticket Poppins dark ride. I think WS is well-suited for rides of this scale since the pavilions are already basically e-tickets in and of themselves.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
See here for a discussion of Ticket Levels if interested...

ToTBellHop

See here for a discussion of Ticket Levels if interested...

Bring back the Pack Mules!

EricsBiscuit

For those of you who are on Team Dark Ride, remember that our insiders are telling us this is not going to be a big budget E-Ticket, even if it were a Dark Ride. Do you all want a repeat of Na'vi River Journey but just Poppins themed?
Hold your horses. NRJ is a good attraction that is a solid c ticket. In fact, I'd call it the best c ticket in any Disney park because of the immersive physical sets with well integrated SFX and an incredible AA.

rle4lunch

...what?

It's a showcase of the culture and language of the Na'vi, while displaying their connection to the natural world around them.

what? lol. He's speaking 'avatar-ease', but speaking to us. about what, who the hell knows....

It's like going to a foreign country, going into a museum and listening to narration (in the native tongue) of a historical nature without knowing any context about them. All you're doing is looking at interesting pictures.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom