News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

dennis-in-ct

Man, that's not great to hear. I'm sure the guests will eat it up in Florida, but when I rode it in paris it was underwhelming, to say the least. An honest take reveals it's not WDI's best work

I have heard this from people who rode it as well. The comment was the ride vehicles could benefit from some movement (bounce, sway, etc.) similar to Honey Hunt in Tokyo.

smile

And any progress in Epcot has been very dear...

regress, however, has been like the gift the keeps on giving
:confused:

Man, that's not great to hear. I'm sure the guests will eat it up in Florida, but when I rode it in paris it was underwhelming, to say the least. An honest take reveals it's not WDI's best work

a cute little thing for france, but gross under-utilization of tech, no two ways
- something not as much a direct lift may have worked wonders for the pav, but in a town with such high-level screenery already... it's fop's soarin'

thought i saw someone earlier compare it unfavorably to crush and i'd agree - warts and all, there's far more going for crush

Lensman

Is it considered a carousel if it's not round? I'm not sure how they would engineer it, but it would be neat, as others have alluded to, if it were a carousel omnimover. I suspect the engineering would be prohibitively expensive, though. The up/down motion would be hard to engineer.

Of course they could put the entire carousel on an armature and move it between scenes. Or perhaps, more cheaply, just put it on a giant turntable. Then they could have four carousels on a giant turntable with one loading and unloading while the other three are in "scenes", like in the Carousel of Progress.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Is it considered a carousel if it's not round? I'm not sure how they would engineer it, but it would be neat, as others have alluded to, if it were a carousel omnimover. I suspect the engineering would be prohibitively expensive, though. The up/down motion would be hard to engineer.

Of course they could put the entire carousel on an armature and move it between scenes. Or perhaps, more cheaply, just put it on a giant turntable. Then they could have four carousels on a giant turntable with one loading and unloading while the other three are in "scenes", like in the Carousel of Progress.
Go ahead and put that together from your erector set...

SteveAZee

The more I let this sink in, the more I realize Epcot is becoming the most well-rounded, family-friendly to ALL ages and tastes, park. Once this carousel and the GoG - Ratatouille rides open, here is how the park will be broken down by category of rides and attractions.

Fantasy
Jolly Holiday Carousel
Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Figment
Nemo and Friends
Pixar short film festival

Educational
SSE
American Adventure
LwTL
The Seas exhibits
Reflections of China
O Canada!
Circle of Life

Thrilling
GoG
Ratatouille
Test Track
Soarin
Mission Space

I cannot fathom how any age group or category of park guest can feel like Epcot is not accommodating to their tastes.
I assume Impressions de France goes under Educational as well.

Aries1975

Although definitely a "kiddie ride," as my then 12-yr-old was told she was "too old" to ride it, at Legoland there is a jousting ride. It is a tracked ride and the ride vehicles are themed to horses in the usual boxy Lego variety. It is one way the horses could come "off" the carousel.
royal-joust-ride.jpg

Obviously, there is a lot of work to make this "more Disney" (detailed ride vehicles, landscaping, music, etc.) Also, I am unsure if it is scalable to allow parents with "lap" children and Pooh sized individuals (like myself.) And of course space considerations. Not to mention, this particular ride system is only an hour ± drive away.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Epcot’s going to be the park most affected by DHS getting Galaxy’s Edge next year, and it’s really unfortunate that it won’t be getting any new attractions opening in 2019. If DHS becomes too crowded, I have a feeling that a lot of people will come to Epcot, and while the attraction capacity is there, it’s all on the wrong side of the park (people entering from the International Gateway vs the front entrance).

Even worse people will take the skyway as a ride and not transportation.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes it does, but I thought it was getting cut so the space could be used as part of Rat's queue. It would be nice if I was wrong and we get to keep both.

One plan entailed them going, but I think it was @marni1971 who confirmed the theatre is staying. As far as we know, IDF is also staying.

Since they’ve started the clearing for the access path and the theatre is still upright and functioning, I think we can be reasonably certain it will remain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom