News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Justinate

I liked the idea of a non-IP ride, perhaps based on Arthurian legend instead. But I guess Mary Poppins will do in a pinch, especially since parents of young children often complain of the shortage of child-friendly rides in Epcot. Honestly, they need to do something about the lack of rides in World Showcase in particular. Throw in at least 1 more dark/boat ride for the family and a lightly-themed coaster to keep the teens happy.

FigmentJedi

I liked the idea of a non-IP ride, perhaps based on Arthurian legend instead. But I guess Mary Poppins will do in a pinch, especially since parents of young children often complain of the shortage of child-friendly rides in Epcot. Honestly, they need to do something about the lack of rides in World Showcase in particular. Throw in at least 1 more dark/boat ride for the family and a lightly-themed coaster to keep the teens happy.
There's already a Disney IP for that though.
swordstone1.jpg

disneyworlddad

You're right, my bad. I overlooked Sword in the Stone. In my defense, when I said Arthurian, I was thinking more of the source material than Disney's adaptation.

I always loved King Arthur as a kid. I even dressed as him once for Halloween. Sword in the Stone, while fun, just isn't a great movie IMO. I do enjoy Archimedes though.

aladdin2007

Jim Hill is also saying something about a Mary Poppins Returns formal meet & greet coming to the UK? His reporting on the UK project has been spotty so I'm hoping that this isn't what is coming.

Agree I hope not just that either, but could see it happen along with an attraction..........Interestingly the UK has a new souvenir sign available for sale with a silhouette of Mary Poppins on it and it says Cherry Tree Lane. Not that it means anything of course but with the correlating rumors interesting to see.

aladdin2007

I’ve heard they are “revisiting” Coco. It seems someone has realized WS is part of a theme park, not just a festival expo center. I’ve even heard they plan to dial back festivals. I’ll believe THAT when I see it.

yeah me too, can't see that ever getting cleared, brings in too much $$$ for TDO. But its good at least someone is seeing some new light and realizes it is a theme park and not a mall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom