News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

NiarrNDisney

Solely in the interest of fairness, replacing letters with other characters to avoid the filter is also against the forum rules.

At least nobody else was actually trying to curse... Unlike yourself. They're just trying to type the name of an actor directly relevant to the topic of the thread.

Well to the Mods and anyone offended I apologize for my misdeed.

As for my use of the said characters in place of a curse word it was not in relation to the topic it was said in response to a comment that was clearly meant to be condescending. Honestly its annoying to continue seeing this discussion turn into a Test thread to see if one can type said Actors name which might I add was initially relevant until it became the focus of discussion for a few pages of useless prattle where others members are coming to read actual info.

Last edited:

Kman101

Well to the Mods and anyone offended I apologize for my misdeed.

As for my use of the said characters in place of a curse word it was not in relation to the topic it was said in response to a comment that was clearly meant to be condescending. Honestly its annoying to continue seeing this discussion turn into a Test thread to see if one can type said Actors name which might I add was initially relevant until it became the focus of discussion for a few pages of useless prattle where others members are coming to read actual info.

It was annoying.

WowFactor

2ZRjpIzdR_wpvDcDvqlUaLtHwygvDEzcXMJ6lpL6znrVnv-92bqWXIW5cCgghpWBLqxHN9zlUoala1Zy7gLag2j_pTXwdVyZy5eMz5if=w500-h230-nc

truecoat

Exactly. Star Wars was designed to be a massive cinematic franchise from the get-go. Things evolve, new stories are told. I'm not saying no new stories can't be told for Disney's Mary Poppins (i.e. Mary Poppins Returns), but this is a sequel being made 50 years after the original, with no apparent effect on overall pop-culture (yet). At least Star Wars had prequels planned since 1977. And, if anything, Galaxy's Edge is closer aesthetically and tonally to the original trilogy than anything the prequels ever produced.

Yet the main ride is escaping from the First Order and not the Empire. I still think they'll use the new Mary Poppins.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I've just heard from a source that the Mary Poppins attraction is being scrapped in favor of expanding the Mary Poppin's Meet-n-Greet with greater focus on guest interaction.

The new initiative; will put face characters to use as "activity coordinators." Face Characters will provide children with activities similar to those employed-previously at Kidcot Fun Stops. Burt for example will judge a chalk-drawing contest. Parents can doodle alongside their child. For a fee of $15 per child; parents can opt to have their child's likeness drawn on archival-quality paper by Bert 'is self complete with autograph signature. When not officiating the pavement drawing contest Bert will retell stories of his adventures with Mary of which Mary will deny in humorous fashion. Mary will counter Bert's banter with a bit of her own while also talking to her Parrot umbrella. For a fee of $25, guests can take home their very own Poppin's umbrella complete with talking parrot electronic microphone mimic feature.

The once-rumored attraction has been reduced to a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sit on a Carousel Horse photo-op which can be purchased via the Memory Maker plan or for a fee of $12.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I've just heard from a source that the Mary Poppins attraction is being scrapped in favor of expanding the Mary Poppin's Meet-n-Greet with greater focus on guest interaction.

The new initiative; will put face characters to use as "activity coordinators." Face Characters will provide children with activities similar to those employed-previously at Kidcot Fun Stops. Burt for example will judge a chalk-drawing contest. Parents can doodle alongside their child. For a fee of $15 per child; parents can opt to have their child's likeness drawn on archival-quality paper by Burt 'is self complete with autograph signature. When not officiating the pavement drawing contest Burt will retell stories of his adventures with Mary of which Mary will deny in humorous fashion. Mary will counter Burt's banter with a bit of her own while also talking to her Parrot umbrella. For a free of $25, Mary can give guests their very own parrot umbrella complete with electronic microphone mimic feature.

The once-rumored attraction has been reduced to a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sit on a Carousel photo-op which can be purchased via the Memory Maker plan or for a fee of $12.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You’re joking

drizgirl

The new initiative; will put face characters to use as "activity coordinators." Face Characters will provide children with activities similar to those employed-previously at Kidcot Fun Stops. Burt for example will judge a chalk-drawing contest. Parents can doodle alongside their child. For a fee of $15 per child; parents can opt to have their child's likeness drawn on archival-quality paper by Burt 'is self complete with autograph signature. When not officiating the pavement drawing contest Burt will retell stories of his adventures with Mary of which Mary will deny in humorous fashion. Mary will counter Burt's banter with a bit of her own while also talking to her Parrot umbrella. For a free of $25, Mary can give guests their very own parrot umbrella complete with electronic microphone mimic feature.

The once-rumored attraction has been reduced to a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sit on a Carousel photo-op which can be purchased via the Memory Maker plan or for a fee of $12.
Just like that "interactive" meet and greet with Rapunze/Flynn that everyone raved about in the MK. They offered coloring pages while waiting. So revolutionary.........

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Just like that "interactive" meet and greet with Rapunze/Flynn that everyone raved about in the MK. They offered coloring pages while waiting. So revolutionary.........

Wait! You mean they actually did that? Were the coloring pages free? I'm just joking about the Mary Poppins interactive thing but I honestly wouldn't put it past them to do something similar.

Still hoping for that darkride though...

NiarrNDisney

The new initiative; will put face characters to use as "activity coordinators." Face Characters will provide children with activities similar to those employed-previously at Kidcot Fun Stops. Burt for example will judge a chalk-drawing contest. Parents can doodle alongside their child. For a fee of $15 per child; parents can opt to have their child's likeness drawn on archival-quality paper by Burt 'is self complete with autograph signature. When not officiating the pavement drawing contest Burt will retell stories of his adventures with Mary of which Mary will deny in humorous fashion. Mary will counter Burt's banter with a bit of her own while also talking to her Parrot umbrella. For a fee of $25, guests can take home their very own Poppin's umbrella complete with talking parrot electronic microphone mimic feature.

The once-rumored attraction has been reduced to a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sit on a Carousel Horse photo-op which can be purchased via the Memory Maker plan or for a fee of $12.

Isn't it a little late for April Fools Day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom