News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

EricsBiscuit

It wouldn't be a ride if it didn't move!!!
IMG_5478.jpg

Haymarket2008

I’d like to see them even TRY a ride based off a film that doesn’t prominently feature some of the most famous songs in the entire Disney canon. I just don’t see how they could weigh using “Returns” as the source material. 50+ years of beloved exposure should carry some hefty weight in their decision process.

Timothy_Q

I’d like to see them even TRY a ride based off a film that doesn’t prominently feature some of the most famous songs in the entire Disney canon. I just don’t see how they could weigh using “Returns” as the source material. 50+ years of beloved exposure should carry some hefty weight in their decision process.
I agree

But it didn’t stop them from using Tim Burton’s Alice for the Shanghai maze.

That attraction won’t age well

Castle Cake Apologist

I wouldn't put anything past TDO...

Most of the cubicle-dwelling sharp pencil pushers have probably never even seen the original.

truecoat

Which movies did they base the new Star Wars rides off of?

Haymarket2008

It's not the same for me either.

And besides, Han, Luke, Leia, Chewy, R2, C3 ... all a part of the new trilogy.

Exactly. Star Wars was designed to be a massive cinematic franchise from the get-go. Things evolve, new stories are told. I'm not saying no new stories can't be told for Disney's Mary Poppins (i.e. Mary Poppins Returns), but this is a sequel being made 50 years after the original, with no apparent effect on overall pop-culture (yet). At least Star Wars had prequels planned since 1977. And, if anything, Galaxy's Edge is closer aesthetically and tonally to the original trilogy than anything the prequels ever produced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom