News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Kman101

Also the First Order/Empire argument is understandable, but it is a minor change to me, imho. Poppins is a vastly different "franchise" than Star Wars is in the way it could be handled.

I agree. I understand and get the comparison but to me this is a bit different of a situation.

I think they'll blur the lines between the two films, include most of the known things from the original and bring in a bit of the new. I also would imagine they might go vague with Poppins animatronics, blend Emily/Julie. But who knows, I'm just speculating and I could be totally off base, which is probably likely, lol

No Name

If they do this right, it wouldn't really be based on either the new or the old movie. It would be the same Mary Poppins with an equally tangential story.

Dude, you can’t be everything to everyone and you are never going to appease 100% of an audience. People will always have critism and for some people it will be valid and others invalid. For me it’s invalid...but that is just my opinion. Calling Animal Kingdom a fancy zoo with some rides is really a misrepresentation of what it is!
I have a zoo up in NJ that has a carousel and some rides...Animal Kingdom is a world class theme park to a majority of people...

It's incredible how well Essex County has invested in and operated the Turtle Back Zoo area over the past decade and not at all surprising how successful its been. Wish Disney would take notice.

Scrooged24/7

Well, if Scotland had voted to leave the UK, they could have worked with Disney and had Scotland installed as its own WS pavilion...
Cheeky comment. My main point was that the pavilion has pretty much nothing showing the other nations apart from England. The pavilion may as well be called the England pavilion!

castlecake2.0

Cheeky comment. My main point was that the pavilion has pretty much nothing showing the other nations apart from England. The pavilion may as well be called the England pavilion!

I think a lot of the pavilions are like this though. The imagineers has to pick a certain time and place that captured the essence of the nation they were showcasing. In Canada you have an Aboriginal Village and mountains from the west and the chateau hotel from the east and missing pretty much everything in between. France is pretty much just Paris. The American Adventure is just one colonial building etc etc. So you’re right, it does look very England, it’s up to the cast from all parts of the UK to show off their culture with the pavilion as the backdrop. I had many times working in Canada when a guest would tell me “this doesn’t look anything like Canada”. Correct! It’s just supposed to give you a snapshot or idea of the place it’s supposed to be.

Kman101

Based on? If you are going to reply please do provide some evidence to it being more than just a rumor rather than just your say so. Plans? Permits? Art work? Anything?

Even Disney releasing that stuff isn't a guarantee it will get built. It was confirmed by MansionButler84 as being greenlit this week. Work starts in about six months. Which was also confirmed by another poster. But it's up to you if you choose to believe it or not. Plans can and do change, it happens. Prep for the theater was about to begin when they pulled the plug.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, the menu in the Rose and Crown has several dishes representing Scottish food and/or ingredients, and I'll wager you can get a good Scotch Whisky in the bar.

What else matters, really?

disnyfan89

What if I was like, “nah I’m just screwing with you all! OWNED!”

Good grief. If that was my plan, I’d start my own blog.

g133378162040371696.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom