News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh I don’t blame someone for doubting me. My info doesn’t always prove correct.

I think it’s fun knowing about projects that do and do not come to pass as long as every once in awhile we actually get a great ride! 2000-2010 were a bit depressing...

2000-2010 was non existent...and what I like to call a "root cause"

ToTBellHop

2000-2010 was non existent...and what I like to call a "root cause"
Egg is on their (and our) faces now. In 2005 they could build rides that today cost $300,000,000 for $100,000,000. So to make up for being lazy 10 years ago, they get to spend billions to bring us attractions we should have gotten annually in the 2000s, but due to absurd budgets, they still aren’t building enough new rides.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Happy Anniversary to this thread!

Updated my initial post to reflect @MansionButler84 ’s info from today.

A whole year of will they or won't they. I think they landed on the right IP. Glad it wasn't the ginger cabbage patch. As for Loch Ness; Maybe they'll bring Nessie to DAK or in a new Epcot pavilion when Scotland pulls a brexit... Scoxit?

Last edited:

Clowd Nyne

Did you expect a cash wager? Been burnt by sharing info about this mercurial company before. I always suggest waiting until a structure actually goes vertical. But this is a rumors board. More concrete items appear on the main page. Peter Pan’s Flight finally getting updates is another rumor that I will treat with caution until it actually closes for refurb.

The proposal I heard about is pretty charming. Not ostentatious. Kind of like the UK.
Idk man I’m still waiting on that ride in the Germany Pavillion and it has a building

doctornick

I'm still of the mind that Mary Poppins is a kinda poor IP for a UK pavilion*, but happy to see another attraction potentially being developed in WS. That and Ratatouille will really help to balance things out in that half of the park.

*That said, I'm willing to wait until the ride in announced/built/open to see if it really would fit in UK properly.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Did you expect a cash wager? Been burnt by sharing info about this mercurial company before. I always suggest waiting until a structure actually goes vertical.

Oh come on its not like Disney has announced a project and not gone through with it... Ok well it's not like they have put up construction walls and started ground clearing and canncled the project....

Thanks for the info, hope they follow through and it happens. As a Big Mary Poppins fan I am excited to see an attraction with her going forward.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Egg is on their (and our) faces now. In 2005 they could build rides that today cost $300,000,000 for $100,000,000. So to make up for being lazy 10 years ago, they get to spend billions to bring us attractions we should have gotten annually in the 2000s, but due to absurd budgets, they still aren’t building enough new rides.

All that's being built now is just to make up for the lost decade...that's all that it is...

All the people salivating for rides "for the 50th"...that's not what this is at all. It's damage control as bob parachutes away. Don't take my word for it...watch as it unfolds.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom