News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're starting to sound like Ford....

As far as iger goes? Maybe...

It's not that I feel like he hasn't done a decent/respectable job...

But guess what? (chickenbutt!)...I think He's been there too long and is setting them up for problems after he cashes out...and that isn't really going to far out on a limb.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do note this is the same person who claims Magic Kingdom is no more than a half day park and that Orlando's TOT would have been a better fit for Guardians then the Anaheim one.

Do note that those shows are very old. Good shows...but they don't have the inherent repeat factor that a ride does have.

Perhaps because there is no "thrill" element to it and it lasts too long? Who knows?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Would a Mary Poppins darkride be held to the same standard as the movie? I ask this somewhat tongue in cheek but it's kinda my only fear. If they were to add a darkride what would it consist of? A play by play of the entire movie, book-report style? The only issue with that is it's already been proven difficult to accomplish; just look at Mermaid. ( a darkride not held to the standard of it's source material)

Clearly it's challenging for Imagineers to balance story and ride duration while simultaneously juggling musical numbers that have to seamlessly transition from scene to scene. I'm probably over-thinking it but I'm not yet convinced we'll get a practically-perfect Baxter-esque Jolly Holiday darkride. Seems too ambitious for current TDO, imo.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think a Poppins dark ride would be perfect for this part of the park. The real question is will it be the original Poppins or the new Poppins, or maybe both? The new movie is a sequel not a remake. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'll take anything at this point...but it stinks that these are magic kingdom or studio type rides...not Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom