News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

bcoachable

That was actually the original angle...it's a misnomer that "countries" sponsored the pavilions. Never the case - save morocco - it was corporations representing/based in those countries that did/signed the agreements. They've all dried up long ago...which doesn't seem like a coincidence when looking at a 29 year drought between pavilions.

The Epcot sponsorship model is complex and not exceptionally effective anymore - as we all have seen (if you know where to look). Which is why new country rumors are automatically the most suspect.

And before anyone says "but we're different here"...

1. I am considering that and hope that everyone is proven right. Cause who doesn't like new stuff?
2. What rumblings (if you're into that term better) have been more frequent with less accuracy on the Internet fandom
sites than new country? The answer is "none"...with logical reason behind it.
3. I'm more of an "operational" guy anyway...it's just that "rumors" tend to be the most cerebral of discussion forums.

I mean - I can show you my itinerary of character meals on the planning forums...but isn't that kinda silly?

4. Affirmations on chat boards are like snowballs rolling down hill...they take a while to build sustainable momentum.

They also tend to be "pack" mentality...you'd be surprised at how even sages grow on people and get automatic likes after awhile.

(Sorry...I had to address the unnecessary patronizing that I got...which seems
To now be deleted...and why waste a good combo post?)

74? Loose your log in and have to open a new account?? Welcome back!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ratatouille is going in Epcot, too... or do you not believe that either?

To answer your question, I need you to answer two of mine:

1. Is there a difference between "confirmed" e-rumors and someone standing on stage in a name tag and giving an announcement, or an interview to formal credentialed press?

2. What are the advantages to cloning rides?

Bender123

1. Is there a difference between "confirmed" e-rumors and someone standing on stage in a name tag and giving an announcement, or an interview to formal credentialed press?

Well...We also have the "ladder" joke, here...Nothing is "confirmed" until we see a ladder. the problem with a company is that things can and will change, but the things reported here are usually clear up to when a ladder shows up. Disney has a long history of announcing things and then walking them back or cancelling them...We have Isreal, Africa, Mt Fuji, Rhein River ride, Venice, etc...just in Epcot, that were either officially announced or were "shown" in official documents.

When its said here that its confirmed, it means the company, as of current, has every intention of actually doing it.

DisneyDodo

Sure.

1. You seem to be lumping all internet rumors into a single category, so that’s a tough question to answer. The person in the name tag making the announcement didn’t just find out about the information the second before they got on stage and they weren’t the only person who knew about it. Therefore, is it not plausible that word would spread before the announcement, either intentionally or unintentionally. If somebody demonstrates a consistent track record of acquiring that information beforehand then contesting their assertions will have the same result as believing the assertions made by some random person on the internet who knows nothing: misinformation.

2. Two major ones -
1) saving on R&D costs
2) Disney has the advantage of already knowing how the attraction went over. Assuming the original was popular (which is the case the vast majority of the time), there is much less risk of failure with the clone

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sure.

1. You seem to be lumping all internet rumors into a single category, so that’s a tough question to answer. The person in the name tag making the announcement didn’t just find out about the information the second before they got on stage and they weren’t the only person who knew about it. Therefore, is it not plausible that word would spread before the announcement, either intentionally or unintentionally. If somebody demonstrates a consistent track record of acquiring that information beforehand then contesting their assertions will have the same result as believing the assertions made by some random person on the internet who knows nothing: misinformation.

2. Two major ones -
1) saving on R&D costs
2) Disney has the advantage of already knowing how the attraction went over. Assuming the original was popular (which is the case the vast majority of the time), there is much less risk of failure with the clone
Right...so yeah I "believe" ratatuiolle...

It fits a specific need and is economical.

Brave doesn't make quite as much sense...yet. I'd need to see more of an angle on that to believe it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well...We also have the "ladder" joke, here...Nothing is "confirmed" until we see a ladder. the problem with a company is that things can and will change, but the things reported here are usually clear up to when a ladder shows up. Disney has a long history of announcing things and then walking them back or cancelling them...We have Isreal, Africa, Mt Fuji, Rhein River ride, Venice, etc...just in Epcot, that were either officially announced or were "shown" in official documents.

When its said here that its confirmed, it means the company, as of current, has every intention of actually doing it.

Yeah...is tend to have 100% faith In heavy construction equipment...but not much else

DisneyDodo

Right...so yeah I "believe" ratatuiolle...

It fits a specific need and is economical.

Brave doesn't make quite as much sense...yet. I'd need to see more of an angle on that to believe it.
I can think of a few reasons why Brave might make sense from Disney's perspective:
1) It features a princess, making it a near lock to be popular with young girls, a demographic that the UK side of WS doesn't really tend to very much at the moment
2) It's Scottish, so it can help broaden the appeal of the UK pavilion, which is currently very London-centric

Aside from that, there could be reasons that we have no way of knowing (i.e. perhaps somebody thought up a great ride idea that happens to work well with Brave, they could be considering a Brave sequel, etc.)

In the end, trying to intuit what Disney will/won't do is close to impossible, given all the factors, even if you can see patterns after the fact. Having real inside sources tell you what they are going to do is a lot more valuable.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can think of a few reasons why Brave might make sense from Disney's perspective:
1) It features a princess, making it a near lock to be popular with young girls, a demographic that the UK side of WS doesn't really tend to very much at the moment
2) It's Scottish, so it can help broaden the appeal of the UK pavilion, which is currently very London-centric

Aside from that, there could be reasons that we have no way of knowing (i.e. perhaps somebody thought up a great ride idea that happens to work well with Brave, they could be considering a Brave sequel, etc.)

In the end, trying to intuit what Disney will/won't do is close to impossible, given all the factors, even if you can see patterns after the fact. Having real inside sources tell you what they are going to do is a lot more valuable.

Perhaps...that's why I'm in "watch mode"...not "believe" as of yet.

I'm almost all Scot...so I'd love it. But I don't see disney trying to "diversify" one country pavilion in that matter. They're trying to do additions to draw more family crowds into epcot with innings eater attractions to pull heat off magic kingdom and the impending blitz on MGM...

Does brave do that? Maybe...I can see an appeal. Not much of a princess angle in the traditional sense for that however...they could easily tap Alice for that as there is no Orlando version of an Alice ride.

They usually stick to more "franchise" models for rides. I couldn't really see a brave 2 coming...Pixar is in a bit of decline and I'm not sure what we can expec moving forward...who knows?

DisneyFan18

I hope we hear something about this soon (maybe D23 in Japan) or at the shareholders meeting and it’s worth the wait
I believe that the D23 in Japan may center more around changes to other parks, as they weren’t very featured at D23 2017. As of the shareholder meeting, I don’t know. However, I have feeling that Brave and Coco will be announced together, two Pixar properties coming to World Showcase, at least it would make sense

jmuboy

I believe that the D23 in Japan may center more around changes to other parks, as they weren’t very featured at D23 2017. As of the shareholder meeting, I don’t know. However, I have feeling that Brave and Coco will be announced together, two Pixar properties coming to World Showcase, at least it would make sense

.....and Following the DCA model the area will be renamed "Pixar World Promenade". Disney Parks Blog describes the area as "A showcase of world cultures told through Pixar cartoons (with a few random leftovers we couldn't make fit the theme and hope guests dont notice)! NEW IN 2021! Sure to make your vacation - and world peace - more magical!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom