News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

RobbinsDad

But it is true, unlike classics like Dumbo and Bambi, Mary Poppins hasn't really lived on, it has been somewhat forgotten, anyone under 25 wouldn't know most of the scenes in it, and it would become a ride that people just walk past and they think: "Mmmmmmm, let's just go on Living with the Land or Soarin'."
My kids (13 and 9, so under 25) like Mary Poppins very much. And from the looks of her M&G line the last time I was at MK, I'd say we're not the only ones.

BenJacobs

Look, my point is that there are better options for rides that would be more popular(I'm sorry that I've offended some of you, but Mary Poppins would be a ride that certainly wouldn't be top of the list on somebody's to do list, that's all).

Kman101

The fact is that this the opinion of the majority, families wont want to ride if their kids will have no idea what's going on.

That's cute but not accurate.

YOU don't like Mary Poppins and you are projecting YOUR feelings, believing it to be the majority. That's just not the case.

Plenty of kids know and love Mary Poppins. She wouldn't still be greeting guests daily in Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, used in parades like at Disneyland Paris if she was irrelevant. Believe me, she'd be dumped in a heartbeat if they thought she wasn't popular.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Look, my point is that there are better options for rides that would be more popular(I'm sorry that I've offended some of you, but Mary Poppins would be a ride that certainly wouldn't be top of the list on somebody's to do list, that's all).
The Mary Poppins IP is one under consideration for the UK pavilion.

That's a fact. Not opinion. There's a big difference.

BenJacobs

The Mary Poppins IP is one under consideration for the UK pavilion.

That's a fact. Not opinion. There's a big difference.

Well, it seems that we'll be hoping for different outcomes. I hope for a ride that has edutainment, visiting sights in the UK, you hope for Poppins, I respect your opinion.

orky8

I don't know if I can keep arguing, but I stand by my original point, accepting that you don't agree

IP is irrelevant if the attraction is well done. Most people, especially kids these days, wouldn't have any clue that Splash Mountain is based on an IP.

Current management won't install rides in WDW that aren't IP based, and at least Mary Poppins is properly located in England (I'm looking at you Frozen). Whether IP should be installed in EPCOT, is of course a separate debate of opinion.

Supernova

It is a masterpiece but is becoming less popular, it isn't culturally relevant, nobody in the UK really speaks in a Cockney accent or is really posh. And people go to meet Mary Poppins because she reminds parents of their childhood, which is good, but a rid eis too far.
Erm, as a U.K. resident, yes they do. I have tons of London born friends that speak with a strong cockney accent. And, if of a certain class, a beautiful accent like Mary Poppins. The U.K. has tons of different accents, and those are a few of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom