Anniversary Magic: An October 2010 Trip Report

Greetings! This report is obviously long overdue but my life managed to get in the way. Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

10.07 – Pre-Arrival Day

Our goal for today was to get some errands done, including check-in for the flight, and get to bed early. How early you might ask? Well…our flight was scheduled for 7:05am on the 8th, we’d have to be at the airport by 5am which means we’d have to leave the apartment by 3:45am (beauty of living an hour away.) We were so paranoid that we’d end up over sleeping so we decided to take a “nap” from 6pm to about 10; scary enough we can function on four hours of sleep.

Anyhoo…we settled in and before we knew it the alarm on my phone went off at 9:30. After checking the hockey scores I was up and decided to clean up the kitchen, because no one wants to come home to a dirty apartment. It was so nice because this was probably the least stressful departure day ever.

10.08 – Arrival, DTD, and MNSSHP

So 2am rolled around and I took a shower so I could pack up the last of my things. Once I was neat and pretty I sat down with “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” while I waited for my husband to finish getting ready. At this point the excitement of what was to come started to creep in. And by creep I mean it hit me like a truck. I was so ready to get on the road! Our luggage was all together and with one final check of the apartment, we were out the door!

The drive to the airport was easy. We stopped at a 24-hour McDonalds to get a quick bite to eat and some coffee (thank god) before continuing on. After parking the car and taking the shuttle to the terminal, we breezed through security, boarded the AeroTrain and arrived at the gate.

WaitingtotaxioutatIAD.jpg

Meat7amonJetBlue.jpg

The flight took off right on time and we were in sunny Orlando just after 9am. We strolled through the terminal and, after taking the “monorail” found Magical Express right away.

MagicalExpressqueue.jpg

This was our first time taking Magical Express. Once we were in our queue we only had to wait for maybe 10 minutes and we were on board. I snagged the front seats and we anxiously awaited leaving MCO.

Once we were underway the driver announced that Riverside was the first stop (firsties!) which worked out perfectly. My husband dozed off on the bus ride while I stared out the window telling myself that we were finally back at the place we love.

Gettingclosetoproperty.jpg

I nudged him awake right before we passed under The Welcome Sign.

(video!) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl8MqNsTKfc

OurexitforRiverside.jpg

MEBusatRiverside.jpg

Once we grabbed our bags it was off to the Online Check-In counter. I was curious about this service and couldn’t have been happier with it. Super quick and everything was ready to go when I gave them my ID. They even had our anniversary buttons but the best part…our room was ready!

We left the lobby and headed around toward our room. We would be staying at Oak Manor, nice and quiet but still conveniently located.

Justcheckedin.jpg

OurbuildingOakManor.jpg

It was so great being able to drop our bags off in the room and freshen up before heading out to conquer The World.

We walked around the resort for a bit soaking in the ambiance. I loved the bridges that went over the river; it was lovely getting to cross one of these every day. Comparing Riverside to French Quarter, I think the food court at Riverside wins out. The flow seemed a little easier and I liked the inside seating arrangements.

Boatwrightssignage.jpg

Since we had a lunch reservation at Rainforest Café it was decided that we’d take the boat to the Marketplace. Rainforest has become a small tradition on arrival day. Back on our first trip together it’s where we ate before going to the MK, which is where he proposed. On the honeymoon we kept with that routine which brings us to today, our anniversary! So it only seemed appropriate that we dined where it all began.

HappyAnniversary.jpg

After a nice meal we continued our tour of DTD. We actually had some time to kill because we were waiting to get into the MK by 4pm for MNSSHP.

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
The remnants of Pleasure Island.

WaltwaytowhatwasPleasureIsland.jpg

*sigh*
DefunctAdventurersClub.jpg

Oh, so my new favorite shop is D Street on the West Side.
ArtworkonthewallatDStreet.jpg

There were some really cool things in there. DH and I got shirts on sale for $4.99 each! First souvenirs of the trip only set us back ten bucks and some change.

BrandonwithDTDdecorations.jpg

I wanted this dorky shot in front of the Cirque building.
MewiththeCirquelogo.jpg

We trekked our way back to the Marketplace so we could catch a bus to the Contemporary. It seemed like every other resort bus drove past us until one finally pulled up and we were on our way. We always end up at one of the monorail resorts on our first day, that way we can arrive in style to the MK. It’s just something about hearing that spiel and pulling into the station that cranks the excitement level up.

Grand Canyon Concourse
GrandCanyonmural.jpg

Monorail Orange sporting Halloween decorations
MonorailOrangeatMKstation.jpg

We'd like to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV4qj1Tf0VI

It had been five years since we went to MNSSHP and I forgot how lovely the decorations were. Oh, I forgot to mention right when we arrived to the MK we got so many “congratulations” and “happy anniversary” comments from CMs. Put a big ‘ol smile on my face!

Once on Main Street I veered to the left and went to Guest – er -- Ghost Relations.
CuteGuestRelationssign.jpg

Meeting with tradition we got our picture taken in front of the “Partners” statue in the Hub then we followed the sound of tribal drums coming from Adventureland…

As we crossed the Adventureland bridge, I saw Ariel and Eric having a meet and greet. Even though we didn’t stop for a picture she looked gorgeous in her green dress. Walking past Aloha Isle and the Magic Carpets we saw the entrance to Pirates. The wait time was only 10 minutes which was virtually a walk on in our book.

Before visiting the 999 happy haunts at our favorite mansion we needed something to drink. So we cut across through Frontierland and stopped at a push cart to grab a Sprite. The CM wished us a Happy Anniversary and as DH went to give her the cash she said “It’s on Mickey!” The two of us were so surprised and thanked her as we continued on to the Haunted Mansion.

We actually were the first people out of the stretch room which I thought was pretty cool. I still think one of my favorite enhancements is the M.C. Escher-esque staircase, it looks so much better than those big blacklit spiders.

With our top two attractions in the books we slowed our pace just a little and went to Fantasyland to check out Philharmagic.

LittleMermaidposteratPhilharmagic.jpg

I got a little misty during the Peter Pan and Aladdin segments, it happens every single time. Something about the songs just gets me in the heart.

As we meandered around the rest of Fantasyland I found a great pair of Haunted Mansion mouse ears. We took Alice’s Treat Trail, and ended up in Tomorrowland.

SpaceMtnfromtheToontowntrail.jpg

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Tomorrowlandsignage.jpg

The wait time for Space Mtn which was sitting at about 30 min and since there were no Fastpasses we figured we’d circle back around once the party got underway. About this time we knew we had to grab a bite to eat. We ended up near the Plaza and browsed the shops, trying to think of what we wanted.

Yeah, word of advice - don’t go to the Confectionary when you are hungry. EVERYTHING looked so good in there!
CaramelapplesattheConfectionary.jpg

Casey’s was the eventual winner. We shared a combo and found a seat right near the Adventureland bridge. As we people-watched for a little bit we got to hear the announcements from the Ghost Host that the Halloween Party was getting ready to begin. One of my favorite lines was “If you haven’t paid your token fee, visit ghost relations…” Did I mention how much I love this event?

We finished our dinner and it was time to party! As we crossed the bridge there was a sign talking about a surprise character location, so I looked at DH and we checked it out. Sure enough there was Aladdin, Timon, and Baloo! I saw that Baloo had no line so I paid him a visit and grabbed some treats on the way out.

MeandBaloo.jpg

Next was a visit to Grizzly Hall. We didn’t get a chance to see the CBJ on our last trip so it was nice to check in on the bears.

DSC03523.jpg

CountryBearfinale.jpg

It has become a tradition that we ride Splash and Big Thunder after sunset. Something about dusk just makes those rides so much better for us. The wait for Splash was basically a walk on. Interestingly it seemed like the water flow was turned down or something, our log felt like it was moving a little slower than it should. The shadow of Br’er Fox running over the hill wasn’t working and the music had cut out completely right after the final drop, which was a little strange.

Returning from the Briar Patch a little damp it was time to dry off on Big Thunder. Another walk on! And the best part about this was getting to sit in the back row of the last car. Our all time favorite spot and such a wonderful way to ride!

While leaving Frontierland we were able to see the Headless Horseman ride past which signaled that the Boo-To-You parade would be starting soon. DH and I decided to see the second run so we went to Fantasyland and took a spin on the carousel to kill some time.

DumbofromtheCarousel.jpg

It wasn’t even 9pm yet and we figured now would be a great moment to check out the new-ish Space Mtn.

NewSpaceMtnlighting.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvswpGdZ2l8

When we got to the CM who asked how many were in your party, they had called out for a group of two. Before we could respond a couple in front of us (celebrating an anniversary as well) took the spot. When we got to our designated row this lady turned around and looked at my button and asked very angrily where we got them. I told her we got them at check-in at our resort. Little did I realize but this woman thought our buttons granted us access to the front of the line. o_0? Really? We didn’t even skip in front of her. Moving on…Space was such a great ride! It felt faster, darker, and dare I say even a little smoother. I, like many others, didn’t notice the onboard audio. This might have been due to my crazy laughter as I enjoyed the ride.

HalloWishes was slated to go off at 9:30p and we always watch the fireworks from Tomorrowland. This time around we found seats at the Tomorrowland Terrace, even though we had that little bit of an overhang blocking our view. It was cool to see the projections on the castle and not to mention sit down!

HalloWishes5.jpg

HalloWishes6.jpg

HalloWishes7.jpg

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
After the show DH and I hot-footed it back to Frontierland to scout out a spot for the parade, but first I needed a Dole Whip!

EnjoyingaDoleWhip.jpg

While sitting in Adventureland enjoying my tasty pineapple treat, I heard “Thriller” playing and had to resist the urge to get up and dance. ^__^ I also saw a group of young people in costume and major props to the girl in the full-on Maleficent outfit complete with horns. All of them looked great!

Time to get a spot for my favorite parade! We decided on a sitting area right in front of the Shooting Gallery. I adore the Boo-To-You parade, its great fun to watch and that song is just so catchy. There were a few changes since we saw it back in ’05 and that was a welcome surprise.

BooToYousign.jpg

BooToYou.jpg

BooToYouJackSparrow.jpg

BooToYouHMDancers.jpg

BooToYouHMFloat.jpg

(video!) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki0odQWddR8

As we left the parade some of the CMs at the Trading Post caught me dancing along and rewarded me with some Mickey stickers. *sigh* I am such a nerd.

Since it was getting late, and we had been up for over 24hrs, we decided the last two rides would be Haunted Mansion followed up by Big Thunder. On our way into the Mansion we saw the ghostly Southern Belle sitting out on the lawn greeting passers-by. This attraction just seems so much better on a Halloween Party night.

Well the time came to leave the MK. Soon we were back at Riverside and with the wake-up call set, we went to bed.

Up next...day 2, four parks in one day...

corey154

Great trip report so far! I love how excited you are about everything, I'm the same way! Can't wait to read the rest!

stefan74

Great trip report so far. I just love reading everyone's reports! Thanks for taking the time to put together everything for us to read and see!:sohappy:

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Alrighty...now where was I? Oh yes!

10.09 – Four Parks, One Day and Midnight MK Madness

Stitch woke us up at 6:45 that morning but we slept in for just a little longer. Being up for 28 hours the previous day kind of took its toll. Breakfast was at the Riverside Mill and we grabbed a table outside by the water.

The goal was to try and get to AK for the rope drop. As we headed to the bus stop what did I see but an AK bus pulling up! We literally ran to catch it since AK buses always seem to take forever to arrive. Pleasantly out of breath, we enjoyed the ride to the park.

Since we were using our Give a Day Get a Disney Day vouchers we had to go to Will Call and get them set up. We easily upgraded to a two-day park hopper. All we had to do was show our IDs, the CM punched some info into the computer, and we had our tickets! We didn’t make the rope drop but being in the park 10 minutes after it opens isn’t too shabby.

First ride of the day was Everest. Wait was posted at 10 min but I don’t mind walking through that queue. One thing I will say about the Everest queue: why is it when one person hits the bells (which they probably shouldn’t touch) Every. Single. Person. after them does the same thing? I made a very sarcastic comment a little too loudly and got a few heads to turn. Small victories I suppose...

Everest is definitely a way to kick start your morning. Oh and for the effects watchers, the steam on the train was working but the waterfall was dry and the yeti was still motionless (though still very, very cool!)

Once we conquered the Forbidden Mountain, Nemo was up next. We didn’t get the chance to see the musical on our last trip so I was determined to catch it this time around.

First show of the day!

FindingNemoTheMusical.jpg

FindingNemotheMusical2.jpg

FindingNemoTheMusical3.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I knew I’d enjoy it but I didn’t realize how much I’d like it! We headed to Dinoland to check the wait for Dinosaur. Sadly it was at 40 minutes so we skipped it. I suggested going to Tough to Be a Bug before we left but we really wanted to get to Epcot for lunch so we bid AK adieu!

Over the past few trips we have developed our “Animal Kingdom Law.” What does that entail you ask? Well simply put when leaving Animal Kingdom, take whatever bus pulls up first. We were going to wait for the Epcot bus however a bus to the TTC pulled up first. This worked out because we hadn’t ridden the Epcot monorail yet (and I totally have to do this at least once every trip).

CelebratesignageatEpcot.jpg

Monorail signage? Yes please!
MonorailsignageatEpcot.jpg

SSEwithFoodandWinesignage.jpg

I was getting very hungry by this point, and no place better to stifle that growling stomach than Sunshine Seasons! After descending the stairs we checked the wait time for Soarin, which was somewhere in the 70+ minute range with a Fastpass return of like 8pm that evening, so we went over to Living With The Land. Given the 30 minute wait time we actually Fastpassed it simply because we wanted to sit down and eat. Believe me it’s the last attraction I thought I’d ever Fastpass. :lol:

Soarinsignage.jpg

Landballoons.jpg

Upon splitting a delicious fresh side salad and me indulging on a decadent fudge brownie, we were off to one of our favorite boat rides. There is just something about this ride that I have grown to love over the years. Can’t quite explain it but it is so relaxing and I actually like going through the greenhouses…though I do miss the on-board CM.

LivingWiththeLandtilapia.jpg

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
LivingWiththeLandscarecrow.jpg

We planned on spending more time in Future World on the next (and last) day so it was off to World Showcase!

O.M.G. did we walk into a sea of people! Now I’m not naïve, I knew it would be a little busy due to F&W but it definitely caught me off guard. We started on the Mexico side.

Hello Caballero Donald!
MeandCaballeroDonald.jpg

We went inside to ride on the River of Ti – er have a Grand Fiesta. Well the party was canceled because the line wrapped all the way to the entrance of San Angel. It was decided if we had time we’d try to swing back around.

Norway was next and I finally had the Kringla Pretzel. Mmm mmm…tasty! Maelstrom had a little too long of a wait so we added it to the list of “things to do tomorrow.” We walked over and took a break in China.

Chinapavillion.jpg

Chinapavillion2.jpg

Japan is always a must-stop for us so we shopped around Mitsukoshi and got out of the sun for a little bit. We went back into the throngs of people and concluded that France would be our last stop and then we’d board the boat to The Studios.

We grabbed something to drink in the International Gateway shop and right before we left the CM saw out buttons and asked how many years we’d been married, then asked me if we had gotten a phone call. I looked at him quizzically and said no, so he dialed a number and handed me the receiver. Then I hear Mickey and Minnie on the other end singing “Happy Anniversary to You!” It was so unexpected and so sweet. That actually put me in a better mood as we went to the boat landing.

Our voyage to the Disney Studios was standing-room only so we were glad to disembark. We only had one attraction on our minds and that was MuppetVision!

"When will Star Tours be back up?" "Soon enough." "But that's not soon enough!"
StarTours.jpg

This [MuppetVision] is one of my all-time favorite pre-shows. I tried to take some pictures in here but none of them came out. I gotta say I have never seen the film look so crisp! The sound quality and 3D effects seemed cleaner too. We browsed the Muppet shop after the show then decided to find the elusive Toy Story Mania.

YouseGuys.jpg

I realized we never ventured out to the backlot areas.
StreetsofAmerica.jpg

The Osbourne Lights were ready to go and as we approached Lights, Motor, Action I almost forgot that stunt show was tucked away back there. Sad, right? We veered in the opposite direction and finally found Pixar Place…along with the 120 standby wait for Toy Story Mania. I knew we wouldn’t be able to ride it on this trip, but at least we saw the entrance!

ToyStoryMania.jpg

DH and I circled around to Sunset Blvd and went to check on Rock ‘n Roller Coaster. I noticed that one of the gates was closed which seemed strange. There was no Fastpass time available but I saw the line wrapped around the side of the building. As it turns out there was something going on and they had shut the ride down. Oh well. Add that to the “next WDW visit” list. We walked back up Sunset Blvd and hit some of the shops (i.e. Villains in Vogue) and I took some more pictures.

Fantasmicsign.jpg

SunsetBlvd.jpg

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Then it was time to head back to Riverside and change for dinner…which ended up changing at the last minute.

Refreshed and ready to go we headed over to the South Depot and waited for the MK bus. The plan was to take the bus to MK then hop on the boat to the Wilderness Lodge, since we were having dinner at Artist Point. Of course when you really want a bus to arrive it always seems to take forever to get there.

20 minutes later the MK bus pulled up and we were off. The thing about this particular night was that the MK was open until midnight, so of course everybody was headed there (at least it felt that way.) This bus seemed to be the catalyst for a child meltdown of epic proportions.

They packed the bus pretty full and there was a lady with three kids on her lap sitting behind my husband (we were standing.) Once we were in motion one of her kids starts freaking out! I think it had to do with being crammed in with the siblings and everyone else in the immediate vicinity. Anyway, the child is screaming and crying and the lady is trying to calm the kid down but it’s not working. Soon one of the siblings starts crying and I’m just waiting for the whole bus to erupt. Luckily it’s only these two kids but the crazy behavior is making everyone on the bus very tense and uncomfortable. We pull up to the MK and I couldn’t have gotten off the bus any faster. DH and I briskly walked to the resort launch dock and managed to catch the boat. We settled down and enjoyed the nighttime ride over to the Wilderness Lodge.

No matter what…I love this resort.

We had the pleasure of staying here in December ’07 and I can’t wait to go back. All the memories came flooding back as we walked up the dock and past the fantastic pool.

We entered near Roaring Forks and headed up the ramp towards Artist Point. The ADR was for 8pm and we barely made it. The CM at the check-in counter was a little put-off with us for some unknown reason and after asking a series of questions, handed me the pager saying gruffly “It’s going to be a bit of a wait.” We went to look at the pin cart and then checked out the menu. As we looked, there wasn’t really anything that jumped out at us even though I had checked the menu before we left home. We thought it over and after hearing a disgruntled guest say he had been waiting for over an hour for his 7pm reservation but a couple who just walked up went right in, we knew this wasn’t the place for us. DH went back to the put-off CM at the counter, handed her back the pager, and politely said she can give our reservation away. We didn’t leave in a huff, we just realized Artist Point’s cuisine wasn’t right for us on this trip.

(Apologies for minimal pictures in this post...we were running around like crazy that day and didn't get a chance to take too many)

MK was calling.

We boarded the boat once again amidst a swarm of little bugs (thank you humidity) and savored the night air across Seven Seas Lagoon. First we had to find somewhere to eat. Tony’s was full-up, the Plaza was a no-go, Cosmic Ray’s was pretty busy, so Pinocchio’s Village Haus was our destination.

PinocchiosHaus.jpg

I had the meatball sub and DH had the pepperoni pizza. It wasn’t the elegant dinner at a nice sit-down restaurant like we planned, but there was still something a little romantic about it. We had eaten here on our first trip together as well as on our honeymoon. It was our quick service of choice in the MK. Sitting there taking our time with a late dinner allowed us to get our bearings back and figure out the plan of attack for the night.

Upon leaving the Village Haus we checked the wait time for Peter Pan and it was still too long, so it was time to trek to Tomorrowland. At this point my contacts were killing me so I ducked into the Space Mtn. bathroom and took them out. Right as I put my glasses on I heard the music for Wishes queue up. It was pretty funny to hear everyone in the bathroom flip out and run outside. I’ve got to say, watching the fireworks from the far corner of Tomorrowland was pretty neat.

Wishes2.jpg

Afterwards it looked like Space Mtn was having issues because no one else was heading in. Too bad, but I was glad we rode it the night before. We found ourselves in familiar circles and sure enough we were heading for the queue for Splash Mtn.

As we crossed the bridge I noticed a very large puddle and was surprised to see the water cannons working. I knew this would be the ride where we got really wet. Once we got in the log and slowly rounded the bend in front of the drop, I braced for the splash but there was nothing. I guess in the time it took us to go through the queue they had shut off the cannons. Not that I was complaining…I actually didn’t want to get soaked on our nighttime ride to the briar patch. Of course Big Thunder was next with it’s 10 min wait. And once again we got to ride in the back seat of the last car!

Now the mission was to ride Peter Pan before the park closed. I knew we wouldn’t be able to ride it any other time so it was now or never.

We circled back around to Fantasyland and decided that a 30 min wait was as good as we could do, so we got in the queue. As we slowly trudged through the switchbacks we suddenly came to a stop. The queue was going nowhere and our time was ticking away. DH asked me if we wanted to try for Space Mtn one last time. I agreed and we literally jumped out of line and out of Fantasyland. As we approached Dumbo I said “Let’s get in line.” DH paused then said “Yeah, you’re right.” So we decided against Space Mtn in favor of a flying elephant.

After our ride I looked at my watch and saw that there was about 20 minutes til midnight. We literally ran to Peter Pan’s Flight and slid into the queue.

Whew!
MeinlineatPeterPan.jpg

So glad we were able to make this the last ride of the night! Now we slowed it down a bit and strolled out through the castle. I love the view of Main Street from the castle.

Rightunderthecastle.jpg

We took some pictures around the hub then made our way toward the exit
MusketeerDonald.jpg

MusketeerPluto.jpg

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
It was a little bittersweet since it was our last night so we took our time as we left.

Mermaidwindowdisplay.jpg

Cinderellawindowdisplay.jpg

Trainstationatnight.jpg

Brandonsayinggoodnight.jpg

MNSSHPdecorationsatnight.jpg

Trainstationfrontatnight.jpg

We were back at Riverside and crawled into bed around 1:30am because I had to make sure everything was packed for check-out tomm.

Riversideatnight.jpg

Up next...our last day :(

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
*whew* been a while since I updated this...here's the last day :(

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

10.10.10 – Check Out, Epcot, and MK

The phone rang at 6am that morning. I was sad it was the last day of our anniversary trip. We gathered our things, double checked the room, and closed the door behind us. I was glad we got an early start because I didn’t know how long Airline Check-In would take. Lucky for us it took a sum total of 15 minutes, that’s the beauty of not having to check bags. With the bags stored and our visit to the front desk taken care of, it was off to breakfast!

We headed for the bus stop and were on our way to Epcot.

RiversidestopatEpcot.jpg

BussignageatEpcot.jpg

This was the first time we ever arrived for a rope drop. We got there around 8ish and queued up at the turnstiles with only a small group of people in front of us.

Usbrightandearlyattheturnstiles.jpg

Soon we were through the turnstiles and headed toward Future World West. It was so fun to see the CMs and characters walk out and greet everybody. Then came the countdown and we were off to Soarin!

Check out the crowd…
Thecrowdbehindusheadingtosoarin.jpg

Downstairs we went and fed into the queue. We ended up in row B2, which was a first for us! I will say that sitting almost in the dead center did enhance the ride a little. It was pretty awesome walking the Soarin Sprint that morning.

Next on the list? Test Track Fastpass of course!

We visited Imagination so I could see Captain EO. This was on my must-do list for this trip being both an EPCOT Center and Michael Jackson fan. I was really excited and I gotta say everything about it was great! It was so ridiculous but that’s what made it fun.

My husband outside the Imagination
BrandonatImagination.jpg

After getting our Fastpasses we wandered over to Mission:Space and with a walk-on, how could we resist! We always fly Green Team and it’s always a good ride.

Wonders of Life was up next. DH had never been there when it was in its heyday but I figured we’d at least get to see the Food & Wine Festival setup. I pointed out where the attractions use to be and told him of the days when the line for Body Wars stretched for miles (well, maybe not miles.) I also had to take at least one picture while we were in here.

Hello ceiling!
WondersofLife.jpg

We still had some time to kill so we headed over to Universe of Energy.
UniverseofEnergy.jpg

Okay, I had “Feel the Flow” running through my head for the whole week leading up to the trip. For some reason I was way into vintage UoE (thank you Celebration 25 DVD) and kept listening to the original music. But I digress…there was a pretty good turnout for this showing.

When we headed into the theater it turns out that no one wanted to sit in our row. Seriously! It was the strangest thing…
Noonewantedtositwithus.jpg

After learning that energy does indeed make the world go ‘round, it was off to use our Test Track Fastpasses!

Zoom!
TestTrack.jpg

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
TestTrack2.jpg

With Test Track safely behind us, we headed over to World Showcase. Luckily the park wasn’t half as crowded as it was on Saturday.

Lunch was calling so we went to Mexico to try the new Hacienda de San Angel. Let me just say that our nachos and tacos were de-licious! Also the deck offered a nice view of the rest of World Showcase, great place to have a bite to eat.

Food!
OurlunchinMexico.jpg

One of the other classic EPCOT attractions that’s on my “must-do” list was Impressions de France. On all of our previous trips we never got a chance to see it. The film has just started when we walked up so DH and I wandered around the pavilion for a little while. Impressions was as beautiful as I remembered it and the music truly makes the film if you ask me.

We continued around World Showcase, browsing in the UK and Canada, then headed back toward Future World. As we neared the Fountain of Nations we walked through Mouse Gear one last time. DH and I we going to try and go to the MK for a couple of rides before we had to head back to Riverside to catch the Magical Express bus. We were getting ready to head for the turnstiles when I said we hadn’t going to The Living Seas yet. It was then we realized why don’t we just spend a little more time in Epcot.

The Living Seas was nice and quiet that afternoon. We explored what was once Seabase Alpha then paid Nemo a visit. This is still one of my favorite pavilions in Future World. On the way out I just had to get a Mickey Premium bar from a nearby cart. DH and I sat down in a shady spot right under the monorail track and people-watched for a bit while I enjoyed my tasty treat.

Sadly it came time to bid Epcot farewell and the last ride was SSE.
SSEmural.jpg

SSEsignage.jpg

RomefromSSE.jpg

GuttenbergfromSSE.jpg

We headed toward the exit and on the way out we saw a character meet and greet so of course we had to snap a picture.

Hi there Daisy!
MeandDaisy.jpg

DH and I boarded the monorail for the TTC where surprisingly we had an entire car to ourselves. Once there we opted for the ferryboat which completed our transportation trio. We entered the MK to the sounds of “When You Wish Upon A Star” and went to check the wait times at the tip board. Our plan was to see how the mountains looked and if we could ride at least one it’d be fine. Well, it didn’t work out so we went to Tomorrowland and took one last lap on the Peoplemover.

The walk back to Main Street was bittersweet, as it always is. The crowds had thinned a little and we stood for a brief moment near the flagpole in the square and gazed at the castle. It’s always hard saying goodbye but with a smile and a sigh we turned and walked under the train station toward the turnstiles.

HaveaMagicalDay.jpg

The bus ride back to Riverside was quiet, but I did manage to get a shot of the Tronorail which had been eluding us for a soild day.

Tronorail.jpg

When we were at the Epcot rope drop I had, what I thought, were plenty of opportunities to snap a picture but I was way too slow.

And this brings us to the end of my trip report. It was a short one but I was just so happy that we were able to go and spend our anniversary at the place that brings us so much joy.

Thanks for following along! :wave:

HollyBelle

Happy Anniversary!! We've done quite a few short weekend trips like that and it's always exciting hitting all four parks in one day. We're trying La Hacienda on our upcoming trip, and yours is the first review I've read. I'm happy to hear it was good.

Great report... and I loved the picture of you and Caballero Donald! :sohappy:

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Happy Anniversary!! We've done quite a few short weekend trips like that and it's always exciting hitting all four parks in one day. We're trying La Hacienda on our upcoming trip, and yours is the first review I've read. I'm happy to hear it was good.

Great report... and I loved the picture of you and Caballero Donald! :sohappy:

Thanks Holly! I was happy to find both Caballero Donald and Daisy on the same trip. :D

I think you'll enjoy La Hacienda, very basic options on the menu (tacos, nachos, burritos) but that's actually a good thing. And the portions are a great size! Brandon (my DH) and I actually shared the tacos and nachos, cleaned the plate aside from some jalapenos. :lol:

I loved your TR! Your Mickey earrings are so cute :) I LOVE POR. They have the best breakfast...mmmm sausage gravy.

Thanks for reading! I got those earrings a few years ago in Adventureland if you can believe it. Whenever I go to WDW I make sure to bring them to wear at least one day.

fractal

Love the trip report, Thanks!

I'll definitely have to try La Hacienda on my next trip.

Just one thing - I'm a Everest queue "bell-ringer". :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom