Pre-Trip Anniversary and Halloween Spectacular....In August!

This is my first attempt at a Pre-Trip/ TR so bear with me. :happy: I was just "home" back in May but needed another trip to end the summer with. I'm still finalizing the itinerary even though we leave in.... 23 days! :eek: I should have it pretty up much complete after work tonight so I will add it in then :)

The Who: Me (Sarah) and my husband (Brian). Last trip we had my nephew, sister, and B-I-L with us so it will be a smaller gathering this time! We have no kids so just two fun loving Disney Nerds....Well, 1 Disney Nerd, and a very sweet husband who is always up for a vacation :)

The When: August 25 - Aug 31....Hello Food and Wine Fest, Disney after Dark, and MNSSHP!

The Why: Our Anniversary!:inlove: Though, its technically not until October. We planned on going the week of our anniversary, but my best friend is getting married that week and I will be a bridesmaid, and with my husbands travel in Sept, we decided to go in August!
IMG_1234[1].JPG

The Where:
Disney Yacht Club. You guys have no clue how pumped I am for this place! We are staying club level for the first time and signature services has been wonderful so far!

I hope you decide to join me along for my journey! And once I get this fun itinerary locked and loaded, let me know what you think! Just as a warning, I am not headed to Pandora. I will be in Epcot and MK the most with an half day at Hollywood Studios for Toy Story Land. I did get the extra fast passes so I do have all 3 TSL rides, so excited to explore the new land!

Last edited:

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Itinerary Time!
So we deiced to utilize one of the perks for Club Level and purchased 3 days of the extra fast passes :) We added them to Tues, Wed, and Thurs. If anyone does think about adding them, for $50 pp, per day :oops:, they will let you book all 6 at the 90 day mark which I didn't know at the time, a nice surprise!
We are also not Rope Drop to fireworks people so just about everyday has time for the pool. I wish I was, but my husband loves to nap and I love to lounge by the pool to refresh for the night.
IMG_0936[1].JPG

My shoes for our trip! Does anyone else go Etsy shopping right before you go on vacation?!

Saturday 8/25
We are staying the night before in Charlotte since I hate flying :eek: We should arrive at the Yacht Club around 3pm or so hopefully!
Dinner reservations at Flying Fish that night at 7:00pm.
We plan on just wandering around the resort and boardwalk that night.

Sunday 8/26
Here is where the magic happens!
We will start our morning at AK and might Rope Drop. This really depends on if my husband wakes up in time :joyfull:
Fastpasses for: Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Dinosaur
We love our mid-day breaks and will probably head to Epcot or MK that evening and snag a remaining fast pass or 2 depending whats open. We are just going to grab some QS food for dinner and soak up the first day in the parks.

Monday 8/27
Beach day! We are driving to Cocoa beach or Siesta Keys this day. We will check the weather and see which is looking better for relaxing on some sand. While I love Disney, I needed a day at the beach to do absolutely nothing!
When we get back to the resort we will hop on the bus to Disney Springs and do some shopping. We both love wandering around aimlessly at all the shops. I know I will walk out with something from Amorettes.

Tuesday 8/28
Starting the day at Epcot! I have Fastpasses for Soarin', JIIWF, and Spaceship Earth. We always love to grab lunch somewhere in the WS at a QS. After lunch, I have an appointment at the Grand Floridian Spa for a Character Couture makeover after we leave to get ready for the MNSSHP. I STILL don't know what I want to be this year so any idea's are welcome! I'm king of thinking Ariel, but who knows! We will head into MK around 3:30 with Fastpasses to 7DMT, HM, and Jungle Cruise. We are then staying for the MNSSHP! My first time going to one!
IMG_1062[1].JPG

As a PS - I am now hooked on Dole Whip! I like it as a twist with vanilla though. Pic from my last trip :)

Wednesday 8/29
Starting the morning at Universal Studios with their express pass. Time to get my Harry Potter on!!!!
We never stay for a whole day here but manage to hit our favorites like any HP ride, MIB, ET, Jimmy Fallon.
Then....BUTTERBEER! AHHHHH I could drink it all day long!
After 3 PM or so we will head straight to DHS for our Fastpasses at ToT, TSM, Alien SS, SDD, ST, and ASRR. I really want to try something from the new QS at Toy Story Land.

Thursday 8/30
Last full day at Disney :( But we are JAM PACKED!
Starting the morning at Epcot with Fast passes for Frozen, TT, and Soarin'. Since we are staying at the YC we will probably come back for a few hours to recharge after lunch.
Then off to MK that night to enjoy Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and PoTC fastpasses. We have tickets Disney after Dark to end the trip on. If anyone has been to this event before please let me know how it was! I'm sure it was amazing!

Friday 8/31
Last day of August and check out day :( But I will be back in April/May next year! Need to get the use out of my AP :)

Thank for anyone who took the time to read my Pre-trip! 22 days!

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Also - I plan on using The Shop Disney Parks and ordering a park of ears to get here before the trip. What are you faves? I have Rose Gold, Halloween, Stitch, and a custom Loki Pair off Etsy.

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well - Just got off the phone with Disney and booked a tour on Wednesday 8/29. The Marceline to Magic tour! Wanted some behind the scenes stuff!

MegRuss626

Itinerary Time!
So we deiced to utilize one of the perks for Club Level and purchased 3 days of the extra fast passes :) We added them to Tues, Wed, and Thurs. If anyone does think about adding them, for $50 pp, per day :oops:, they will let you book all 6 at the 90 day mark which I didn't know at the time, a nice surprise!
We are also not Rope Drop to fireworks people so just about everyday has time for the pool. I wish I was, but my husband loves to nap and I love to lounge by the pool to refresh for the night.
View attachment 300356
My shoes for our trip! Does anyone else go Etsy shopping right before you go on vacation?!

Saturday 8/25
We are staying the night before in Charlotte since I hate flying :eek: We should arrive at the Yacht Club around 3pm or so hopefully!
Dinner reservations at Flying Fish that night at 7:00pm.
We plan on just wandering around the resort and boardwalk that night.

Sunday 8/26
Here is where the magic happens!
We will start our morning at AK and might Rope Drop. This really depends on if my husband wakes up in time :joyfull:
Fastpasses for: Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Dinosaur
We love our mid-day breaks and will probably head to Epcot or MK that evening and snag a remaining fast pass or 2 depending whats open. We are just going to grab some QS food for dinner and soak up the first day in the parks.

Monday 8/27
Beach day! We are driving to Cocoa beach or Siesta Keys this day. We will check the weather and see which is looking better for relaxing on some sand. While I love Disney, I needed a day at the beach to do absolutely nothing!
When we get back to the resort we will hop on the bus to Disney Springs and do some shopping. We both love wandering around aimlessly at all the shops. I know I will walk out with something from Amorettes.

Tuesday 8/28
Starting the day at Epcot! I have Fastpasses for Soarin', JIIWF, and Spaceship Earth. We always love to grab lunch somewhere in the WS at a QS. After lunch, I have an appointment at the Grand Floridian Spa for a Character Couture makeover after we leave to get ready for the MNSSHP. I STILL don't know what I want to be this year so any idea's are welcome! I'm king of thinking Ariel, but who knows! We will head into MK around 3:30 with Fastpasses to 7DMT, HM, and Jungle Cruise. We are then staying for the MNSSHP! My first time going to one!
View attachment 300357
As a PS - I am now hooked on Dole Whip! I like it as a twist with vanilla though. Pic from my last trip :)

Wednesday 8/29
Starting the morning at Universal Studios with their express pass. Time to get my Harry Potter on!!!!
We never stay for a whole day here but manage to hit our favorites like any HP ride, MIB, ET, Jimmy Fallon.
Then....BUTTERBEER! AHHHHH I could drink it all day long!
After 3 PM or so we will head straight to DHS for our Fastpasses at ToT, TSM, Alien SS, SDD, ST, and ASRR. I really want to try something from the new QS at Toy Story Land.

Thursday 8/30
Last full day at Disney :( But we are JAM PACKED!
Starting the morning at Epcot with Fast passes for Frozen, TT, and Soarin'. Since we are staying at the YC we will probably come back for a few hours to recharge after lunch.
Then off to MK that night to enjoy Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and PoTC fastpasses. We have tickets Disney after Dark to end the trip on. If anyone has been to this event before please let me know how it was! I'm sure it was amazing!

Friday 8/31
Last day of August and check out day :( But I will be back in April/May next year! Need to get the use out of my AP :)

Thank for anyone who took the time to read my Pre-trip! 22 days!

Guilty of the Etsy shopping spree before a trip 🙋🏻‍♀️ I always did it for myself but now I have a daughter to buy for too! Just ordered her hair bows to match her outfits for everyday of our trip in October! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Guilty of the Etsy shopping spree before a trip 🙋🏻‍♀️ I always did it for myself but now I have a daughter to buy for too! Just ordered her hair bows to match her outfits for everyday of our trip in October! 🤷🏻‍♀️

That is so cute! I could spend hours on Etsy! Luckily now I am so close the trip I don't have time to really order anything else :hilarious:

MegRuss626

That is so cute! I could spend hours on Etsy! Luckily now I am so close the trip I don't have time to really order anything else :hilarious:

Same!!! And that time always makes me sad because you always find something you REALLY want but not enough to pay for the special shipping! 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom