Anna/Elsa only on standby?

Is there only one Elsa M&G at Magic Kingdom and not one at EPCOT? I know one is coming to Norway but you'd think they'd do a temp one at EPCOT to meet the demand.

I know! All I have read about is future plans for Norway, not any meet and greets yet. Maybe it is like Santa Claus and smart kids would ask why there are two Annas and Elsas and which one is real? I don't have to worry about it for my kids, but every night that I study up for our trip, I end up reading so much A&E info (unwittingly), that I know a bunch at this point. :arghh: I do feel sorry for them. I am sure it would be so upsetting to show up to a 2 hour line without having
realized what a visit entailed.

ItlngrlBella

I know! All I have read about is future plans for Norway, not any meet and greets yet. Maybe it is like Santa Claus and smart kids would ask why there are two Annas and Elsas and which one is real? I don't have to worry about it for my kids, but every night that I study up for our trip, I end up reading so much A&E info (unwittingly), that I know a bunch at this point. :arghh: I do feel sorry for them. I am sure it would be so upsetting to show up to a 2 hour line without having
realized what a visit entailed.

Good point but you can find the same 2 characters in EPCOT. You have Mickey, Goofy and Minnie, Donald at the EPCOT Character spot AND Mickey at The Land plus princesses all over World Showcase and MK - with ALL that vacant space you think they could have a few Anna and Elsa's in closed rooms to meet demand (like I heard they had at Mainstreet City Hall for Mickey) on busy days. There are ways around it.

stevehousse

I think it has more to do with casting than anything. Anyone no matter what they look like can wear a Mickey costume and call it a day, but only a select few can actually meet the qualifications of filling a face character position.

ItlngrlBella

I think it has more to do with casting than anything. Anyone no matter what they look like can wear a Mickey costume and call it a day, but only a select few can actually meet the qualifications of filling a face character position.

o_O image.jpg

Ok, never mind. :facepalm:

(Made with Disneyside App)

brittong

I went exactly at midnight, sixty days in advance, and it says they are not available(on computer). My phone claimed they were only on standby. Is this new? I tried two different dates.
My 60 days was last night at midnight. I logged on and immediately jumped to day 2 of my trip (so 60 days +1) to get A&E. By that time (approx. 12:01 a.m.) it was only available in the late afternoon and evening for that day. I snagged it and then went about reserving other FP+ for my trip. For curiosity, I went back at about 12:15 or 12:20 a.m. to see A&E availability for the day I had already booked it and it was totally gone.
I'm not sure if it helped to start looking on a day further into the trip, but logically that makes sense, depending on the length of your stay.

CaptainAmerica

On that point, does anyone else feel like the costumes for A&E just aren't quite right? In any picture I see, it feels very costume-y, not like you're meeting the "real" Anna and Elsa. Compared to some of the best face characters (Wendy and Peter Pan are always good), it's not even close.

ItlngrlBella

I've seen pics of Cosplayers that can give those gowns a run for their money if not better. Having said that, their majority of visitors are too young to notice but it still would be nice to see something richer, more detailed with a wow factor. Disney should hire Cinna to design A&E's costumes. ;)

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

On that point, does anyone else feel like the costumes for A&E just aren't quite right? In any picture I see, it feels very costume-y, not like you're meeting the "real" Anna and Elsa. Compared to some of the best face characters (Wendy and Peter Pan are always good), it's not even close.

Anna's dress looked fine to me, but I was disappointed by Elsa's - the color just doesn't seem right.

To Brittong: (I can't work this quote thing well yet)
Yes, that is exactly what I have read, try the last few days of your trip first when you start looking. I have been watching the fastpass availability page on thedibbs since I choose my fastpasses this Sunday. Anna and Elsa are consistently booked to the 61 or 62 day mark (that is for 4 FP- maybe not 1 or 2) so it is highly unlikely you would pick up four or more at the 60 day mark. And as always, people luck up on cancellations closer to the day. You were very smart in your plan.

And yes stevehousse and CaptainAmerica, I have naturally blonde hair and I am all for people lightening their hair but I hate when they have somone with big black eyebrows and a platinum/white wig. ugh

CaptainAmerica

I don't care for the white wig and wish thu just had someone with really blonde hair...

To Brittong: (I can't work this quote thing well yet)
Yes, that is exactly what I have read, try the last few days of your trip first when you start looking. I have been watching the fastpass availability page on thedibbs since I choose my fastpasses this Sunday. Anna and Elsa are consistently booked to the 61 or 62 day mark (that is for 4 FP- maybe not 1 or 2) so it is highly unlikely you would pick up four or more at the 60 day mark. And as always, people luck up on cancellations closer to the day. You were very smart in your plan.

And yes stevehousse and CaptainAmerica, I have naturally blonde hair and I am all for people lightening their hair but I hate when they have somone with big black eyebrows and a platinum/white wig. ugh
"Real" Elsa has dark eyebrows.

elsa-frozen-25406-400x250.jpg

:joyfull:But getting back to the main thread about seeing Anna and Elsa,
One other tip I have for people is to watch the "wait times live" on the Disney app or another website, for days similar to your trip or especially the week before you go, if you could never get any tickets. The waits in general have seemed pretty bad to me at the MK this past week. But I did see a 55 minute wait in the morning and evening in the last few days. If I was a parent with a desperate child, I would try to study up on when the wait times seemed the best and try to plan to be at the park then. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that after 8 pm tends to be a little better as some families have left. If you study and find over time, that is your best shot at less than an hour standby times, plan your park day accordingly. Then when you are in the park, check every so often and when it drops below an hour, get in line.
Being the prepared mom that I am, I would have a few surprises such as Frozen stickers or candy etc. to pass out after the 30 minute mark to keep their excitement up and frustration low. If you don't have FP and you are prepared to research standby patterns ahead of time and then possibly wait a while, it may not be a disaster.

BethG

We saw them in the Norway pavillion when they were there. We were there before the movie came out, so we only waited 20 minutes. After the movie came out, the wait was completely insane.

After they moved to MK and were available to FP+, they weren't available for me at exactly 60 days out. I went to day 7 of my trip and then had my pick of times.

I did like seeing them in Norway when they were together in the pictures.
Anna_Elsa.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom