Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

Jabbas

I know where all the characters are located. I'm just saying that all the other princess have more than one meet and greet. They are included at Epcot and character dinings.

GiveMeTheMusic

I know where all the characters are located. I'm just saying that all the other princess have more than one meet and greet. They are included at Epcot and character dinings.

Yes, but not more than one within the same park (character dining excluded). Disney won't advertise that Jasmine can be met in two places in the Magic Kingdom - that's not "magical" as we all know there's only ONE Jasmine, so Jasmine's name will never be on the marquee at Princess Fairytale Hall - neither will Tiana or Merida; if they appear there, it won't be advertised and they'll only be there as a fill-in in a pinch. The only princesses without a dedicated home in the Magic Kingdom are Snow White and Aurora, so they will be the visiting princesses there unless one of them is given a new location (like at the new Mine Train ride, for example).

Matt_Black

Yes, but not more than one within the same park (character dining excluded). Disney won't advertise that Jasmine can be met in two places in the Magic Kingdom - that's not "magical" as we all know there's only ONE Jasmine, so Jasmine's name will never be on the marquee at Princess Fairytale Hall - neither will Tiana or Merida; if they appear there, it won't be advertised and they'll only be there as a fill-in in a pinch. The only princesses without a dedicated home in the Magic Kingdom are Snow White and Aurora, so they will be the visiting princesses there unless one of them is given a new location (like at the new Mine Train ride, for example).

You're forgetting Mulan and Pocahontas.

GiveMeTheMusic

What "LOL"? They're official Disney Princesses. Mulan's portrait is hanging in the Hall.

Mulan and Pocahontas aren't ever going to be slotted into PFH on a regular basis, even if their pictures hang on the wall. They're the back ups of back ups, as they are far and away the least popular of 13 princesses. I love Mulan and Pocahontas as much as the next 90's Disney fan, but if you want to meet them, you have to go to Epcot (Mulan) or DAK (Poca) where they greet guests daily. The other girls are just too popular for them to take up residence in PFH, especially now with Anna and Elsa in the mix, displacing Snow or Aurora.

Stupido

Now I'm super conflicted. Originally I was planning on doing the mad dash to Norway in Epcot. Now with them in MK, I'll be rope dropping SWMT. And I'm not really sure how I feel about giving up a fast pass for a meet and greet, but I really wanted to meet them. Hopefully lines won't be TOO bad with the added rooms?

Kuzcotopia

Now I'm super conflicted. Originally I was planning on doing the mad dash to Norway in Epcot. Now with them in MK, I'll be rope dropping SWMT. And I'm not really sure how I feel about giving up a fast pass for a meet and greet, but I really wanted to meet them. Hopefully lines won't be TOO bad with the added rooms?

We have the 8:00 ressie at Akershus JUST to be in Norway precisely at 9:00. Now we got the 8:05 at Crystal Palace, JUST to be that much closer at 9:00.

GiveMeTheMusic

If you REALLY want to meet them, you're gonna have to AGGRESSIVELY rope drop PFH, or just Fastpass it. The capacity effect of multiple rooms will be negated by the presence of Fastpass.

Jabbas

I don't know why everyone has to have a snarky comment back. I was just thinking that it would be cool to include all the princesses. The kids that I babysit just watched Mulan and Pochatonas on Netflix and they seemed interested to me. If Disney shoved them in our faces like they did every other princess they wouldn't be put on the back burner.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I don't know why everyone has to have a snarky comment back. I was just thinking that it would be cool to include all the princesses. The kids that I babysit just watched Mulan and Pochatonas on Netflix and they seemed interested to me. If Disney shoved them in our faces like they did every other princess they wouldn't be put on the back burner.

Be glad they aren't shoved in our faces and you can visit them with relatively short lines. We had a great M&G with Mulan in Epcot. She was lovely spent quite a bit of time with each child and it was neat to see her in "China".

Jabbas

They're is also not near enough merchandise for them. The kids that I babysit have never seen sleeping beauty or Snow White but recognize them because they're everywhere. That's what I meant about Disney shoving them in our faces.

Matt_Black

They're is also not near enough merchandise for them. The kids that I babysit have never seen sleeping beauty or Snow White but recognize them because they're everywhere. That's what I meant about Disney shoving them in our faces.

The thing is, at least in the case of Mulan, the folks more likely to buy her merch are the people Disney marketing tends not to focus on. Namely, teens and older with nerdy/ geeky interests.

Jabbas

I agree to an extent but if Disney wanted to market them like they do the other princesses she would be more popular. I don't know, it just seems like Aurora, Cindy, and Snow are everywhere but alot of kids have never even seen the movies. More kidshave seen Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast than the original three yet recognize them because of the merchandise. (IMO)

Matt_Black

Well, as far as marketing and merchandising goes, Disney seems to like to throw its money behind "safe bets". They want to promote the stuff they know is going to sell.

FerretAfros

Mulan and Pocahontas are featured in the Mickey and the Magical Map show in DL during the princess trio (joined at the very end by Rapunzel), and the crowd goes nuts when they simply appear on stage. It could be one of those DL/WDW differences (fewer toddlers in DL for example), but I think if they were promoted well, they would be popular among guests

I haven't seen WDW's Fantasmic! in years, but it features a rather long Pocahontas segment. Are audiences still generally receptive to it (even with it's awkward pacing)?

aladdin2007

Mulan and Pocahontas are featured in the Mickey and the Magical Map show in DL during the princess trio (joined at the very end by Rapunzel), and the crowd goes nuts when they simply appear on stage. It could be one of those DL/WDW differences (fewer toddlers in DL for example), but I think if they were promoted well, they would be popular among guests

I haven't seen WDW's Fantasmic! in years, but it features a rather long Pocahontas segment. Are audiences still generally receptive to it (even with it's awkward pacing)?

Ive always liked that segment, its been unique to our Fantasmic, but I guess many dont like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom