Animatronic on Tom Swayer's island- Man in Web?

Kara24601

Original Poster
Okay, so I was on twitter and saw this exchange on Twitter with Hoot Gibson
Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 9.23.05 PM.png

I'm taking this with a grain of salt but I'm curious about what the animatronic in Fort Sam Clemmons looks like. I've tried to look at videos or find a picture but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know which animatronic this is and might have a picture of it?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I understood Man in Web to be a prop. A sight gag and possible counterpoint to Frees' "If you should decide to join us" line though never substantiated. I don't think he was animated. He just wasn't effective for whatever reason. Not buying the "he was too scary" notion. The opposite sounds more plausible, cheesey so it had to go. Still, it's a shame WDI can't bring him back in some capacity.

This relocation rumor was a fun read but... Yeah, grain of salt for sure.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The hand does appear smaller and out of proportion with the head. The wrist narrows to what would presumably be a skinnier, slinkier arm. But, it doesn't look emaciated, mummified or skeletal. Was it replaced too? Still think it odd to redress when a fabric dummy body form would have equally worked. Eh. I don't know. Still seems iffy at best.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

The hand does appear smaller and out of proportion with the head. The wrist narrows to what would presumably be a skinnier, slinkier arm. But, it doesn't look emaciated, mummified or skeletal. Was it replaced too? Still think it odd to redress when a fabric dummy body form would have equally worked. Eh. I don't know. Still seems iffy at best.
My guess is that our sleeping friend is an amalgamation of parts from other AAs thrown together and installed sometime about 25 years ago.

Cmdr_Crimson

This was about a Haunted Mansion prop that was "removed"
For more about the haunted mansion web man..Check Here...

VicariousCorpse

The hand does appear smaller and out of proportion with the head. The wrist narrows to what would presumably be a skinnier, slinkier arm. But, it doesn't look emaciated, mummified or skeletal. Was it replaced too?
I'm sure most of him has been replaced, most likely completely, over the years.

Fort Langhorn (16).JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom