Animators Palette

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
So the New Animators palette or the old which do you like more, the original animators palette was a big deal at the time it launched. How does the new dreamy version compare to the old one?

Disneyfalcon

I prefere the new one! That might just be because I've eaten at the old one enough times that the novelty has worn off though.

The new one was just wonderful. The atmosphere, the setting, the table decorations, Crush, everything. It was definitely my favorite of the three regular rotation restaurants on the Dream.:)

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
Looking at the pictures i am happy to see a little more color and i like the mickey chairs. I think the silverware looks neat although those salt and pepper shakers look strait out of mouse gears.

I would like to take my kids to the Animators palette, I was wondering if there is a kids menu. After looking at the menu there wouldn't be much they would eat. Also one other question is any dress requirement to have dinner there. Thanks.

Phonedave

I would like to take my kids to the Animators palette, I was wondering if there is a kids menu. After looking at the menu there wouldn't be much they would eat. Also one other question is any dress requirement to have dinner there. Thanks.

Yes, there is

Starters
Chicken Noodle Soup
Pineapple and Melon Fruit Cup
Animators’ Garden Salad
Entrees
Mickey’s Mac n Cheese
Minnie’s Mini Burger
Pizza (Pepperoni and Mozzarella)
Golden Chicken Strips
Mickey Pasta in a Creamy Cheese Sauce
Filet Steak Medallions on a rich Tomato Sauce
Baked Fresh Cod filet
Dessert
Rich chocolate fudge cake with chocolate sauce
Apple pie with vanilla ice cream
Mickey ice cream bar
Selection of assorted ice cream

As far as dress code is concerned, it depends when you hit it in your rotation.

The dress code for dinner at Animator's Palate changes nightly. Check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—for more information while onboard. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts for dinner.

It depends on if your cruise has a formal night or not. In reality if you show up in khakis and a polo shirt, they will let you eat unless it is formal night (and even then they might). I wear slacks and a sport coat on their 'dress up' nights and I am more dressed than 95% of the people in the room.

If you are worried about packing a nice dress or a blazer, they have laundry service on board. I think it was like $7 to have my jacket cleaned and pressed on board. I just packed it in my normal suitcase, left it for the purser on the first day, and got it back the next morning all ready to wear.

-dave

devoy1701

Do they send you the info before your cruise about formal nights/how many their are, etc?

Do you also find out what your specific dinner rotation is pre-cruise or do you not know what restaurant you start in until you arrive that day?

DisneyJoe

Do they send you the info before your cruise about formal nights/how many their are, etc?

Do you also find out what your specific dinner rotation is pre-cruise or do you not know what restaurant you start in until you arrive that day?

You receive your dinner rotation when you check in for the cruise; it was on my cruise ID and also on a note in the stateroom.

I believe there is only 1 formal night on cruises 4 nights and longer.

Phonedave

You receive your dinner rotation when you check in for the cruise; it was on my cruise ID and also on a note in the stateroom.

I believe there is only 1 formal night on cruises 4 nights and longer.

Below is from the DCL website. I have not done a 7 night cruise, so I don't know how strict they are during the formal and semi-formal night.

Even on the 'dress up' nights I have seen shorts in the dining room. So take that for what it's worth.

While pirate dress is encouraged, it is optional.

On the Magic / Wonder, if you are eating in Parrot Cay, they encourage you to wear something 'tropical' if it just a cruise casual night.

You get your rotation when you check in. You can ask for a change if you need one.

Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:
  • One cruise casual night—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
  • One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
  • One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
On 4-night cruises:
  • First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
  • Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
On 7-night cruises:
  • First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
  • Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
  • One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.
Dress for dinner at Palo on all cruises:
  • Men: dress shirt or jacket, no shorts
  • Women: dress or pantsuit
For cruises that request formalwear attire, Guests can pre-order tailored formalwear rentals and have it delivered directly to their staterooms upon arrival. To learn more, visit Cruiseline Formalwear.

DisneyJoe

On 3-night cruises:
  • One cruise casual night—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

Interesting - I've been on 2 3-night cruises and this is the first that I have heard of this, especially the dress up night - and I have seen plenty of tank tops at dinner, unfortunately.

I did not see anything about formal night in my reservations.

I know that we have the second seating and I was told that we will know once we board.

Interesting - I've been on 2 3-night cruises and this is the first that I have heard of this, especially the dress up night - and I have seen plenty of tank tops at dinner, unfortunately.

Even so they say no tank tops people do what they want. They figure what are they going to do throw them overboard. :ROFLOL:

toolsnspools

That's a bummer. We don't have many opportunities to get dressed up and go out as a family, so we'll be taking advantage of it when we cruise in Apr. I don't think my DS (10) even owns a nice tie. We're about to fix that though. :lol:

Phonedave

I have been on a 3 and a 4 (and will have a 5 this July - I sense a bad pattern here)

On both the three and the four, when we were in Triton's it was "dress up night"

I had on a sport coat and tie. There were a smattering of people in suits. A little bit more that were dressed like me in a sport coat, and then the rest (90 % of the dining room) were in 'cruise casual' (or below). It was stated on the web site, in the planning documents they sent, and in the Navigator. People just don't feel the need to dress for dinner anymore.

-dave

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
When i was walking into Palo someone was trying to get in while wearing blue jeans. I laughed on the the inside and rolled my eyes. I would love to sit in Palo and watch people get denied due to dress code.

216bruce

Just returned from a 3 night cruise on the Dream. I prefer the look of the new Animator's, but loved the "show" of the old one on the Magic and Wonder- when the meal was synched to the music. I guess that caused problems and was discontinued, so it's just a meal now with a "transformation" of the room. The new room is gorgeous and the Crush/Nemo show is fun, but the old show was more "magical".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom