Animal Kingdom /Zoology/interview/meeting information

Ameidel

Original Poster
Hi! I’m trying to find information on how to do a meet and greet/tour of animal care and get more information from Animal Kingdom for our daughter who will be majoring in zoology. She would very much like to work for Animal Kingdom, and needs to know requirements, etc to prepare for that. Thank you for any help/input. 😊

castlecake2.0

@Ameidel So they don’t really do formal meet and greets with keepers other than on the backstage tours (should start coming back soon I’ve heard). A couple other options in the meantime:

Visit Rafiki’s Planet Watch, a lot of the time they’ll have keepers (they wear light green shirts with the Animal Kingdom crest on the shoulder) out and she can ask questions there.

Visit The Seas at Epcot, they have a lot of cast there that are also part of Animals, Science & Environment (ASE) that she could talk with (they wear the blue polos and are found around the viewing areas).

The cast at Tri Circle D Ranch are also part of ASE and are usually pretty available to answer questions at the barn near Pioneer Hall at Fort Wilderness.

I’d also follow Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment on Facebook as they provide some behind the scenes articles there.

Finally, talk to the Wilderness Explorers, usually that team is made up of cast on internships who are majoring in animals/zoology/environment.

I hope that helps a bit, let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!

nickys

Premium Member
@Ameidel So they don’t really do formal meet and greets with keepers other than on the backstage tours (should start coming back soon I’ve heard). A couple other options in the meantime:

Visit Rafiki’s Planet Watch, a lot of the time they’ll have keepers (they wear light green shirts with the Animal Kingdom crest on the shoulder) out and she can ask questions there.

Visit The Seas at Epcot, they have a lot of cast there that are also part of Animals, Science & Environment (ASE) that she could talk with (they wear the blue polos and are found around the viewing areas).

The cast at Tri Circle D Ranch are also part of ASE and are usually pretty available to answer questions at the barn near Pioneer Hall at Fort Wilderness.

I’d also follow Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment on Facebook as they provide some behind the scenes articles there.

Finally, talk to the Wilderness Explorers, usually that team is made up of cast on internships who are majoring in animals/zoology/environment.

I hope that helps a bit, let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!
The Wild Africa Trek, and both the Up Close with Rhino ps and Caring for Elephant tours start up again as of Feb 6th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom