Animal Kingdom: What to Do?

Jones14

We are headed to Animal Kingdom for the first time in a long time tomorrow, and I was wondering what attractions to steer my family towards in the event that we don't have time to do everything. Generally, our party enjoys thrill rides, dark rides, and shows, but we aren't that big on trails or parades. What are the "Must-Do's"?

PUSH

Well based on your likings:

Expedition Everest: A roller coaster through Mt Everest trying to escape a yeti. Parts of this ride go backwards.
Kilimanjaro Safari: A safari through Africa with real animals.
Dinosaur: A time traveling adventure to rescue a dinosaur. This ride is intended to scare people.
Nemo the Musical: Nemo in musical form (obviously).
It's Tough to be a Bug: A 3D show based on A Bug's Life.

Maybe Kali River Rapids which is a ride through water rapids, but you can get VERY wet to the point it's not comfortable to walk around. I suggest the end of the day if you ride this, or use ponchos to cover most of yourself up.

Other than that I don't see any other must do's, unless Festival of the Lion King is still open (which I'm not sure about as it is supposed to go down sometime this year). It's a show with Lion King music and it is spectacular! My favorite show in Disney for sure!

Upvote 0

GoochDSA

Besides what the PP has already mentioned, make sure not to miss "Flights of Wonder". This, in my opinion, is the best show on property. Take the train over to Rafiki's Planet Watch. It is a nice way to spend an hour or more between the Affection Section and the Conservation Station. If you are lucky, you might get to watch a procedure being done at the animal hospital.

It might be tough to fill a full day if you are not into the paths or parade (the parade is the best at WDW in my opinion), but one of the most overlooked areas is the Oasis, right at the front of the park. It's shaded and there are lots of animals to see and watch. It's a nice way to cool down on your way out of the park.

Upvote 0

J_Carioca

Flights of Wonder is excellent. It's a show with live birds and it's really impressive.

I know you said you're not too into trails, but Maharajah Jungle Trek is really very beautiful. You can always walk through quickly if you're not into it and there's little time investment. Same for Pangani trail.

Upvote 0

Jones14

Original Poster
Okay, thanks! Nemo is one of the little one's favorite movies, and I'm pretty intrigued about the whole backwards-rollercoaster thing. Of course, it'd be great if we could do everything, but just in case the crowds are still bad tomorrow, this will be a great help. Thanks again! :)

Upvote 0

Jones14

Original Poster
And we'll definitely try to check out Flights of Wonder and the Planet Watch. We were at the Houston Zoo last week, which is mainly the reason we planned on skipping the trails, but who knows? I might have to duck into one of them in the afternoon now. Thanks, guys!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
We are headed to Animal Kingdom for the first time in a long time tomorrow, and I was wondering what attractions to steer my family towards in the event that we don't have time to do everything. Generally, our party enjoys thrill rides, dark rides, and shows, but we aren't that big on trails or parades. What are the "Must-Do's"?
Do Kilamonjaro Safari first thing in the morning shorter line and active animals. I also try to see Devine every trip she is so graceful.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

I have friends who love safari holidays and have spent $$$$$$ on trips to Africa.Now they have kids and this year (2013) they are off to WDW and they said to me they will miss the safari in Africa.I then told them and showed photos from the Kilimanjaro in AK.Guess what? They can't wait for their forthcoming trip.So my answer to your question.What should you do at AK.Do the Kilimanjaro safari.;)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And we'll definitely try to check out Flights of Wonder and the Planet Watch. We were at the Houston Zoo last week, which is mainly the reason we planned on skipping the trails, but who knows? I might have to duck into one of them in the afternoon now. Thanks, guys!
Bad idea. The trails are one of the best things at AK. With a decent schedule you should be able to spend upwards of an hour on each trail and still fit in the rest of the park. If you can, and are staying at a Disney resort, do AK on an early EMH day and get there about 30 minutes before opening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom