Animal Kingdom Villas- Value Accomodation vs. Standard View

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
Hi,

I'm thisclose to joining DVC and was looking over the point charts, particular at AKV. I was wondering if someone could explain to me what the difference between what they list as a "Value Accomodation" versus a "Standard View" is (other than about 2 points, of course!).

Does Value Accomodation mean they're sticking me in the back of the kitchen somewhere? :shrug:

gardenia

The values are smaller. The are only in Jambo House; they were converted from resort rooms. Kidani has no value accomodations. The value view can be either pool view or savanna (no point different between views).

We stayed in a value 1BR last January. We had a great savannah view. The size difference is not so noticeable in the kitchen/living area, but the master bedroom is much smaller - the door actually scraped the bed frame every time we opened and shut it, and there was no room for our suitcases. I'm glad we tried it, and it saved points, but I would not do value again. The standard villas are worth the extra space.

Kramerica

I can't answer your question. But I must say. I'm beyond jealous. I've ALWAYS wanted to stay in one of those. But the vacation club isn't available in our location last time I checked. And if it is now, it's too pricey.

tjkraz

"Standard" at AKV describes the view. In a Standard View villa you will not overlook the Savanna. Standard View rooms in Jambo House are over the main pool. At Kidani Village they could face the pool or parking lot.

"Value"--as the other poster stated--is more a function of the size of the villa. The Value rooms are all at Jambo. They used to be hotel rooms but were converted to DVC villas. Unlike some of the other villas, the Value rooms were smaller hotel rooms and thus are now smaller villas. If memory serves the Value rooms are about 4-5' shorter than the larger villas and you will notice the difference. All of the furniture is squeezed together pretty tight. The One and Two Bedroom villas do not have the fold-out sleeper chair in a Value class room.

The upside to the Value room is that you can get a savanna view. Only about 40% of the value rooms overlook the savanna so it really is a "luck of the draw" thing. I've even heard that DVC will NOT list a request for a savanna view Value room because there just aren't enough to go around. In other words, everyone staying in a Value room would like to have the Savanna view, but only 4 out of 10 will actually get it. With those odds, you really do need to accept the fact that you probably won't get the savanna view. Could happen but don't book Value if not getting the savanna view will ruin your trip. If you want to be guaranteed the savanna view, book the "Savanna View" category.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
It would seem as most have forgotten than Kidani DOES have a parking lot view. I have always been informed that was value view.

tjkraz

It would seem as most have forgotten than Kidani DOES have a parking lot view. I have always been informed that was value view.

Incorrect. There are no Value rooms at Kidani. The parking lot views at Kidani are classed as "Standard View."

"Standard" at AKV describes the view. In a Standard View villa you will not overlook the Savanna. Standard View rooms in Jambo House are over the main pool. At Kidani Village they could face the pool or parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom