Animal Kingdom Veterinary Activities?

pax_65

Original Poster
In Animal Kingdom (Conservation Station) guests can watch as Disney vets care for the animals - anything from routine checkups to emergency surgeries.

My daughter is really into vets (she says she wants to be one when she grows up, we'll see). We had a blast watching a surgery on a bat (!) the last time we were in WDW.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the schedule for the day's veterinary activity, other than physically going to Conservation Station? If we knew something interesting was happening, we'd definitely go check it out!

Thanks!

Jon

sillyspook13

Stop by Guest Relations on your way into the park! Also, procedures are don in the morning/early afternoon, so get there early!:)

ToTBellHop

yeah they try not to promote the procedures TOO much or Conservation Station could get swamped (could you imaging? "Tumor removal from elephant ear"...people would be storming the gates to see it!).

Tigggrl

Ya know, I bet if you asked in advance she may even get to possibly talk to one of the vets, if they arent TOO busy. There is nothing like a one on one to get someone truly excited about helping animals!

pax_65

Original Poster
Ya know, I bet if you asked in advance she may even get to possibly talk to one of the vets, if they arent TOO busy. There is nothing like a one on one to get someone truly excited about helping animals!

I may try that! Thanks for the idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom