Animal Kingdom tidbits

drew81

Original Poster
Baby meerkats are now on exhibit in Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

The new tiger in Maharajah Jungle Trek will be rotating with the sisters and will not be out every day(according to staff on the Trek).

A new viewing area for the Asian Small Clawed Otters has opened.
DSCF5887.JPG

The tamarins are moving to a brand new exhibit across from Creature Comforts.
DSCF5888.JPG

The construction area next to Tamu Tamu is still being worked on.
DSCF5881.JPG

DSCF5883.JPG

Last edited:

flyerjab

I suspect that everyone who calls DAK a half-day park doesn't do the walking
trails. I spend a bunch of time watching the gorillas and tigers every time I go!

I couldn't agree more on that point. I guess it depends on how the park is viewed. Some will view it as a park with rides (too few) and the animals as a bonus. For me, it is a park for viewing animals and the rides are the bonus. My kids love looking at the animals. It takes us long just to get to Discovery Island as we always look at the animal areas in the front of the park.

I was talking with my wife yesterday how DAK, with all of the work going on now and all that is yet to come, will probably be my favorite WDW park by 2017. Pandora is just one aspect of it. I was on another site yesterday (sorry mods) that does photo walk-throughs of all Orlando parks, and they had one for DAK. There is so much construction going on right now, and the new nighttime show work has yet to be started. I can't wait to see all of this work come together by 2017.

It is admittedly such a long time but for me it will be worth it.

The Duck

I suspect that everyone who calls DAK a half-day park doesn't do the walking
trails. I spend a bunch of time watching the gorillas and tigers every time I go!
I agree. A friend of mine had visited DAK 5 times before I was able to visit and he would always joke about "There are no animals in Animal Kingdom" (other than KS).
After my first visit, I told him about the gorillas, tigers, etc. and he had no idea that he had been walking past animal exhibits the entire time. He even walked through The Oasis and didn't bother to look around and see the animals and he loves going to our local zoo!

BoarderPhreak

The two trails are probably the best features in AK, if you ask me. Not crowded, go at your own pace, plenty to see. Okay, so it's a bit "zoo like" but what else would you expect in a place called "Animal Kingdom?" Also a good way to see a few of the things you missed on the safari ride.

Fun fact: the flamingos from Epcot that are missing from in front of the Odyssey Restaurant (and next to the Mexico pavilion) are now here in AK.

Magenta Panther

I never get tired of exploring the habitat trails in AK... Of course sometimes the animals get bored of me...
AK2014-tiger2.jpg

The tiger probably did that because he saw all of the tourists yawning. :p

See, this, to me, is why AK is such a major fail. If I wanted to see zoo animals, there are several very good zoos nearby for me to visit. I expect magic and enchantment at a Disney park. Not bored wildlife. Feh.

jdmdisney99

The tiger probably did that because he saw all of the tourists yawning. :p

See, this, to me, is why AK is such a major fail. If I wanted to see zoo animals, there are several very good zoos nearby for me to visit. I expect magic and enchantment at a Disney park. Not bored wildlife. Feh.
I can understand where you're coming from. Some people are not that into animals. But there are also those, like me, who enjoy seeing the majestic creatures in a near-natural habitat. That's why some some love DAK, and some love to hate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom