Animal Kingdom Rooms

eggarstevens

Hello
I am looking into staying at the Animal Kingdom Resort for our next stay. Do all rooms have balconies? Does anyone have suggestions on where to and not to stay in the resort? I have heard some areas/rooms are much better then others. Any help is ppreciated on those questions or any other info you can pass along about the resort

Thank You

SpenceMan01

I booked a standard view room for the honeymoon and am praying for an upgrade upon checkin (going in Jan, not too crowded).

According to the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2005, "almost all [rooms] have full balconies" and "the best rooms are on floors 3 and 4 facing into the circle".

Upvote 0

Sloan

ALK rooms

To my knowledge, all of the savannah view rooms have a balcony. Frankly, I can't recall for sure if the rooms that overlook areas like the parking lot do as well, but I'm pretty sure they do.

Some areas are better than others in the sense that some Savanah's (and their resident animals) are more interesting than others at times, and some views better than others. Whether you will be able to pick-and-choose where you end up will depend upon how busy they are at the time of check-in, and how nice the cast member who checks you in is. I've had good luck getting my room changed where I was not pleased with the initial one assigned.

Another factor to consider is the walk. Some of the rooms are a real trek from the lobby area - if you've never been there before, you'll be amazed at just how vast the resort is. In any case, AKL is a real favorite of mine, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay wherever you end up.

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

eggarstevens said:
Hello
I am looking into staying at the Animal Kingdom Resort for our next stay. Do all rooms have balconies? Does anyone have suggestions on where to and not to stay in the resort? I have heard some areas/rooms are much better then others. Any help is ppreciated on those questions or any other info you can pass along about the resort

Thank You

All rooms have balconies and are the same size and setup.(except suites and deluxe rooms) Where the rooms differ is with the view. Were you going to go with a standard(aka parking lot), pool, or savannah view?

And congratulations SpenceMan on the wedding:sohappy: ... My wife and I where gonna stay at the AKL for our honeymoon but we ended up getting a deal that we couldn't refuse on a honeymoon room at the Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

eggarstevens said:
Hello

Thank You

I can concur with dr_teeth90210 that all Guest rooms at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge do have a balcony. The standard guest rooms are 344 sq ft, the deluxe guest rooms are 381 sq ft and the guest suites range in size from 777 sq ft to 2116 sq ft.

As the animals are free roaming in each of the three savanna areas, one savanna view room is not any better then any other, except for it's distance from the main lobby, restaurants, etc. Same with pool view rooms. I would however avoid booking a standard view room as some may look out at the parking lot but others are directly next to the bus transportation stop or look at or over other service areas. As the Resort Management is aware that many Guest book the standard rooms for the price alone and simply expect to be upgraded upon arrival, the number or frequency of upgrades is now done only when absolutely necessary for resort operations, and therefore has gotten extremely rare.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

dr_teeth90210 said:
All rooms have balconies and are the same size and setup.(except suites and deluxe rooms) Where the rooms differ is with the view. Were you going to go with a standard(aka parking lot), pool, or savannah view?

And congratulations SpenceMan on the wedding:sohappy: ... My wife and I where gonna stay at the AKL for our honeymoon but we ended up getting a deal that we couldn't refuse on a honeymoon room at the Wilderness Lodge.
Thanks. We're staying onsite for the first time ever (my 7th trip, her 2nd). We'll be at POR for 5 nights, on the DCL for 4 nights, then back at AKL for 2 nights (but shhh it's a surprise. She thinks we're going back to POR). I'm banking on the hope that since it's only 2 nights (and not a whole week or something) that they'll be more willing to do something for me.

Upvote 0

mhead

Just returned form ny first stay at the AKL and must say I was dissappointed. I asked for close to ground floor or near elevator because my mother in law must walk with a cane - no one bothered to tell me that actually third floor at AKL would be best not ground floor and we were put on 2nd WAY away from the lobby and any elevator. Then we had two rooms - one was a king bed one was two queens - which would not work because I have no desire to sleep in a bed with my wife AND mother in law. When I called the front to ask about this - Bruce was VERY rude and told me that it did not matter when I booked it that Disney decided what room you would have - he then went on to tell me he could change us to 4th floor smoking and that was all he could do. I went to the front and talke to a check in clerk who looked and told me that the room across the hall was open - so we took it - granted it was not adjoining but across the hall worked - so why didn't Bruce suggest this? Then the issue of housekeeping - on the side of the hall where my sister and her kids were the housekeeping was wonderful - on our side there was a pile of dirty bath clothes left in the floor of the bathroom on our first day there and when we checked out THREE DAYS LATER they were still there.

This was by far the worst "customer service" I have ever received from a Disney resort.

Best of luck to you if you decide to stay there.

Upvote 0

Justa' BigKid

mhead said:
on our side there was a pile of dirty bath clothes left in the floor of the bathroom on our first day there and when we checked out THREE DAYS LATER they were still there.

What the heck are "bath clothes"??:veryconfu

If you meant towels - I can see where that would be aggrevating. :mad:

If you meant swim suits or anything other that hotel towels, just move them yourself.

And if it was me I would have just moved the pile of dirty bath clothes to the middle of the floor, maybe right by outside the front door.;)

Upvote 0

Shaman

Sloan said:
Another factor to consider is the walk. Some of the rooms are a real trek from the lobby area - if you've never been there before, you'll be amazed at just how vast the resort is. In any case, AKL is a real favorite of mine, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay wherever you end up.

You took the words right out of my mouth...:lol:

Sometimes it seems like you're walking, and walking and walking and the room is still far away...:lol:

Upvote 0

mhead

Justa' BigKid said:
What the heck are "bath clothes"??:veryconfu

If you meant towels - I can see where that would be aggrevating. :mad:

If you meant swim suits or anything other that hotel towels, just move them yourself.

And if it was me I would have just moved the pile of dirty bath clothes to the middle of the floor, maybe right by outside the front door.;)

My mistake - should have been bath cloths not clothes (typing in a hurry) but does wash rags work for you? Bath rag?

And of course if it was my own stuff like swimsuits I would have moved them - in fact they would not have been there if it had been my personal things.

Why should I have moved them to the middle of the floor? After they were still there the first day I decided I would wait and see just how long they would remain and therefore get a good idea of just how much attention was being paid to the room cleaning - which I assure you was very little.

Upvote 0

mhead

I am not the one getting paid to clean the room - if they can't do their job properly they should find a new position. Should I go into a room with a toilet brush and lysol just in case the custodial staff has overlooked cleaning the toilet? Same principle.

Upvote 0

Justa' BigKid

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you "clean the room". That is certainly not your job. Your main responsiblity is to have fun. But if it will make my experience better to move a few towels I will do it. On the same note, I would throw away litter in the park that was not put in its propper place. Most likely left by some guest who felt it was not his/her job to make sure that their trash was thrown away.

Upvote 0

mhead

Justa' BigKid said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you "clean the room". That is certainly not your job. Your main responsiblity is to have fun. But if it will make my experience better to move a few towels I will do it. On the same note, I would throw away litter in the park that was not put in its propper place. Most likely left by some guest who felt it was not his/her job to make sure that their trash was thrown away.
Understood - and I do the same thing in the parks - the deal with the room became more of a "I can't believe this is still here let's see how far it will go" kind of thing - the fact that the housekeeping across the hall was so good just amplified the problems on our side, by no means did it keep me from having fun - just made me realize I like Port Orleans Riverside that much more.

Upvote 0

Justa' BigKid

mhead said:
Understood - and I do the same thing in the parks - the deal with the room became more of a "I can't believe this is still here let's see how far it will go" kind of thing - the fact that the housekeeping across the hall was so good just amplified the problems on our side, by no means did it keep me from having fun - just made me realize I like Port Orleans Riverside that much more.

True - we have stayed at AKL in the past and had great service and a great view. I know this will come out "Frugal" but for our money, we go to POP now. AKL is my second choice to POP because we have found that both have really good resort-to-park bus service.

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

This will be our third stay at AKL (going next week), and each time we have had the best service, extremely clean rooms, and the kindest help. We have stayed at several other resorts at Disney, and found that for us, AKL is the best!

Upvote 0

DisneyPride

mhead said:
My mistake - should have been bath cloths not clothes (typing in a hurry) but does wash rags work for you? Bath rag?

And of course if it was my own stuff like swimsuits I would have moved them - in fact they would not have been there if it had been my personal things.

Why should I have moved them to the middle of the floor? After they were still there the first day I decided I would wait and see just how long they would remain and therefore get a good idea of just how much attention was being paid to the room cleaning - which I assure you was very little.

I agree, why would I move someone elses dirty stuff when I'm paying good money to stay there. I would be upset too, it seems the cleaning lady did not care about making your room presentable and clean. I always stay at a Disney Resort and probably always will, but I had a similar experience in Pop Century two years ago. We found clothes and dirty underwear under the bed. That was nasty! It all depends on what maid you get. Some are real good.

Upvote 0

it398

i must say that i loved this hotel when i stayed there last easter, we even got a free upgrade to one of the larger rooms.
it is definately not the best hotel if you dont like walking too far as we brought a pedometer with us as a joke, it turned out that it was 1/2 mile from our room to the restraunt (to get a drink each morning) and back.
we were quite surprised at the distance we walked each day. average of 15 miles. no wonder my feet ache after 2 weeks holiday.

Upvote 0

oldkeyw

If you're getting a room on the big "inside" savanna (sp?) I would actually recommende a second floor room. The 4th and 5th floor rooms actually look into the tree canopy which blocks the view of some of the area. On the second floor you can see under the leaves of the trees right across the entire area. Third floor isn't bad either for this but I'd at least stay below the 4th.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom