Animal Kingdom Resorts Transportation Network?

mm121

Original Poster
Would you like to see an Animal Kingdom Resorts Transportation Network?

Heres a way they could do an Ak system using automated people movers like at london hethrow

the vehicles could be themed to safari jeeps

There's also a spot where a moderate Animal Kingdom resort could be built

Ak Resorts transit.jpg

p026fc3v.jpg

mm121

Original Poster
If this were feasible, why just Animal Kingdom?
a property wide system would be awesome, but the key to getting anything would be to test it in small areas around property then link them up.

like could do the AK area, the Epcot/DHS area, wilderness lodge/fort wilderness tothe ttc, then eventually link them up

the key would be to have a good smaller area for them to test the technology eventhough its been pretty well tested other places in the world

and an Ak system would be small compared to other areas so the least amount of initial cost.

iluvMainStMagic

This is very interesting, and I bet it would attract more guests to stay at AKL (& Villas) - though I wonder if the cost would keep them from every actually trying it. Also, interesting idea about building an AK Moderate resort.

mm121

Original Poster
This is very interesting, and I bet it would attract more guests to stay at AKL (& Villas) - though I wonder if the cost would keep them from every actually trying it. Also, interesting idea about building an AK Moderate resort.
From a cost standpoint systems like the small people mover are much cheaper to get up and running than the fantasy monorail expansion since they can be started with a limited number of vehicles.

Also the tracks can be built out of lighter weight steel rather than concrete that require less materials and less foundations etc. Also if they'd choose to build tunnels for some of the areas where they would need to cross roads the tunnels/culverts are much much smaller than what would be required for a bigger system like the monorail

the biggest cost reducing factor is that unlike the monorails that have to run on a mostly level track, the people mover can go up and down hills easier, which would enable most of the track to be built at ground level except in areas where it has to go over/under a roadway

Im not sure disney even owns that land right there, but if they dont they definitely should, Lots of cool things could be done at a moderate, though i'd build it more with the density of a deluxe similar to cabana bay at uni

being on that side of the road it really can't be a deluxe since it wouldnt have a safari view, though it could have some smaller animal indoor exhibits like birds, reptiles, etc, I"m sure theres tons of animals that aren't Represented at the current resorts

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Shooot, I'd just like it if the existing transit system would stop at Jambo first rather than double backing after stopping at Kidani!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom