Animal Kingdom Pre-Rainforest Cafe

ObscurityPoint

Original Poster
Did Rainforest Cafe open at AK on opening day, or later on? Not sure why I’m so interested in this, I’m just curious to see what the entrance plaza would have looked like upon AK’s opening. Any photos/info available?

Cmdr_Crimson

And you could see it...

Found this on Parkeology's site....Wonder if the Waterfalls are still working...
rainforest_1998.jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We went recently, not by our choice.

it’s still as unimpressive food wise as always.

We were there in December and what we ordered was good and good quality. The atmosphere is still quite as jungle tacky as you can get but the consumables are good. Its run by Landry's just like Yak and Yeti in the same park (and aside from Joes Crap shack, their other outlets are great).

TotallyBiased

We did it twice a few weeks ago. First time was surprisingly good; food and service wise. It was early and business was slow, had both bartenders whipping up bloody mary's and cocktails and talking about the parks. Second time was a completely polar opposite. Food was blech, bartender was zero personality and inattentive. It's hit or miss. I still like the goofy jungle theme and aquariums.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I never get the hate for this place. It’s honestly low key a tradition for me to take first timers of WDW to the one at AK. If fits the atmosphere of the park so we’ll and it’s so fun! We ALWAYS end with a DEEEEEELICIOUS volcano cake.

heck, during my college program, I gained pounds here for consistently coming to get more volcano cake.

my main go to is the spicy pasta. The only food on WDW property that has a really good spicy kick to it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The breakfast at the AK location is surprisingly good. The wife and I have done it quite a few times. It is open early enough to make rope drop on a non EMH day and the Landry's Select Club card gets us seated almost immediately without a reservation.
I will say, I’ve always been immediately seated or seated within 10 minutes without a reservation.

it IS the largest Rainforest Cafe. So, I’m not surprised. Because obviously it doesn’t fill up.

HongKongFooy

it IS the largest Rainforest Cafe. So, I’m not surprised. Because obviously it doesn’t fill up.

Bigger than Downtown Disney in Anaheim? The one in Anaheim is crazy huge, just mammoth in size.

I've walked in the AK Rainforest on 2 occasion but walked out both times without ordering and I don't remember it being noticeably huge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom