animal kingdom or Epcot?

lighteningqueen

There is alot to do at Ak has anyone been on the walks. They are wonderful. The carvings in the trees along the trails near tree of life. The jungle trek is good, just standing in awe of the waterfall. Dinasour ride Lion King show,Bugs Life show,,,, list goes on. I think if people would give it a chance they would find lots to do there. Just don't get there at the crack of dawn, 9am is a good time to start and ride Kilamangaro first... and you will find out you run out of time

Epcot we have never gotten to spend enough time there so this time it is on the first days visit. I think it could be fun and a place to learn as well. DHS is also fun it is the most colorful of the 3 parks and has lots to do there as well. Can you get the hopper so you can do more in case the other parks do not last as long as you thought. Also use the emh for the evening to determine what park what day. On your shortest day pick AK.

agent86

I hope I have posted this in the right place! I need help...We are a fam of 5 (12, 7, 5) going to disney the first week in November.

We have a 4 day MYW pass..no hopper option...We are scheduling MK, DHS and AK...with the 4th day probably going back to MK.

We originally had scheduled AK..but when my husband and I went..we didn't like it. We thought it was kind of boring actually. And I thought we got through it in a half a day. Now we are re thinking whether we should go to Epcot...but again..I didn't like Epcot when I was younger... I only appreciated it more when we got older...

So I just don't know what to do? Any suggestions? Which park would you go to ?

From what you've said here, it sounds to me like maybe Disney parks aren't really your thing. Have you tried Universal?

jenne03

Original Poster
I agree it is hard to make recommendations for other people! I was more trying to decide for my kids. I just kind of wanted to get a handle on what the favorite parks have been for the kids. ..i love Disney..I just remember as a kid..Epcot bored me.But as an adult, I liked it a lot. But they have added new things since I went. Also DHS added a bunch of things since I last went too and I heard toy story was fantastic.

I was thinking two days at MK..but maybe I won't have too..I always thought it took a good two days to enjoy MK..but maybe I can do what one poster suggested and pick the three parks..and leave one day open and see what everyone thinks..

The solution to my issue is definitely the hopper passes...but that puts us over in our budget..It adds on an extra 250 dollars.

I love Universal and Seaworld..but I think Universal is too old for two of my kids..so we are not doing it this time...maybe next time..but Sea World is a must for everyone! Also the fact that we have free dining also influenced us ...

jenne03

Original Poster
ok I think I may have solved my issue thanks to all of you guys..I read all your responses and it helped me to go back and check my email that the TA sent me..She had asked me at the beginning if I wanted 5 day tickets..but I said no..that we just needed 4 since on the 5th day we are going to Seaworld. ... I reread the email and it would only cost me 15 more dollars total added to my final bill to add the 5th day.

Soo I am going to use two tickets in one day..I won't feel to bad about wasting it since it only cost me 15 dollars ..as opposed to the 250+ hopper option.

So can I get through AK in half a day..I can pair it with Epcot...My kids won't be interested to much in the showcase part..but are highly interested in Future world. I can plan it around the Extra Magic hours..which give me until midnight and I could use a TS in the park. Then I can see illuminations..Now after illuminations on EMH..we can stay and still ride most of the rides?

Or should I pair AK with DHS..? DHS closes at 7pm ..and the EMH are not in my range of time..

Then I will still have my last day free..and we can ask them of all the parks..which do they want to go back too?

What do you guys think?

Cindy'sBruno

I would look at the fact that you have children. Epcot WS will be a bit boring for them but they will enjoy FW. AK is more for anyone who like animals. There are rides for the little ones in Dinoland also. So i would choose personally AK because Epcot WS will be a drag for them.:wave:

jenne03

Original Poster
Yea my great Idea was blow to smithereens..lol

My TA said that I couldn't use two tickets in one day and that the park computer system would stop me..In order to go to more than one park per day..I HAVE to buy the hopper..blah

rkelly42

Me personaly I would leave DHS out and keep Epcot and AK, but with three kids you should keep DHS(lots of rides to do there for kids) and AK(also has more kid friendly rides) although it does not take long to do the park. Epcot I love but for kids it can be boring. I could spend a week in just Epcot. So for your group I would leave out Epcot.

Grizzly Hall 71

If your kids enjoy learing about different cultures and exploring new technologies then, Epcot (in other words a world history class with rdes). But if they want to be immersed in a world outside their own I say ak. Personally i love both, however I love nature so ak edges it out. But I love technology also. I make an appoint to visit both.
Here are some of the top attractions your family would enjoy
Ak
Expedition Everest (roller coaster)
Dinosaur (a real moving simulator, my favorite)
Festival of The Lion King (excellent show)
Kilimanjaro Safari
Kali River Rapids
Also take time to explore the pangani and maharajah trail they're amazing
Try affection station if time permits
It's tough to be a bug
I Like primeval whirl but a lot don't so you see if it's right for you

Epcot
Test Track
Mission Space
Soarin'
Innoventions (always new stuff)
Universe of Energy (to cool off and laugh)
Kim Possible adventure try at least 2 countries
Maelstorm
American Adventure
Impressions De France

take it from here. It all depends on what you like, if you're a thrill family i say AK but fore more family stuff try Epcot

wolf359

I would fall back to an idea mentioned earlier: I'd get a book on Disney World with plenty of pictures (The Complete Walt Disney World or the Birnbaum's guide would be a good choice) and have a family discussion about what attractions interest each of you the most, and choose from there.

bcornette

unless something has recently changed your TA is wrong. We didn't have the park hopper once and went to 2 parks on the same day. I would call Disney directly and ask them.

prspeppers

As much as it pains me to say this, I would say take your family to AK. Your children will love it there. My favorite park is by far Epcot, but It's the kind of place you appreiciate as you get older. Animal Kingdom is an amazing park. There are plenty of attractions to keep you busy, and if your tired of waiting in line, you can just walk around and enjoy the animals. In addition, there is tons of shade in AK. I know that might sound weird, but if you need to get your kids out of the sun for a little bit there are plenty of cool places to take a break in AK. Take your family to see Flights of Wonder while your in AK....It's the best show in Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom