Animal Kingdom New Park Logo

Sam Magic

Recently on Facebook I had come across an Disney After Hours Event ad which showcases the 3 parks that are doing said events...At one brief moment they show all three parks with their logo's including the new DHS logo which was revealed during the parks anniversary....

With that happening...Apparently Animal Kingdom got a new logo under the radar....
Here's the Original Logo...
animal-kingdom-clipart-disney-park-838462-1097967.jpg

And.......Here's the....Um...New...Logo? Looks kind of basic to me..
View attachment 390183

Thoughts?
Honestly not surprised. Fits with the general laziness of the company these days.

It's like one day we all woke up to find Disney had transformed into a basic Instagram influencer.

wombat

Recently on Facebook I had come across an Disney After Hours Event ad which showcases the 3 parks that are doing said events...At one brief moment they show all three parks with their logo's including the new DHS logo which was revealed during the parks anniversary....

With that happening...Apparently Animal Kingdom got a new logo under the radar....

View attachment 390183

Thoughts?

View attachment 390183

Thoughts?
At least the new one only uses 2 fonts. The old one looked like it was designed by a 12 year old who had just discovered a word processor

Tony the Tigger

I can’t. This may be the thread that puts me over the edge.

Dissecting nothing. Opinions of nothing. Negativity about nothing. It’s a Seinfeld episode.

Let’s talk about the air at WDW. I think it was better in the 90’s.

Maybe I need a break from everything except the Chit Chat thread.

The Empress Lilly

View attachment 390183

Thoughts?
DAK-Entrance-613x413.jpg

Just for the sake of comparison.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

View attachment 390183

Thoughts?

I heard a rumor that they had no choice as they'd lost the original font and had no backups.

/s

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's a total downgrade.
Doesn't look nearly adventurous enough.

If you're going to use a basic font, at least shake it up a bit instead of going in one straight line.
91QYInTfITL._SY445_.jpg

See? THAT is how you shake up a basic font.
Oooh. I forgot Val Kilmer was in that movie. Now I must go watch it.....

BoarderPhreak

It seems to me that Disney's just changing branding for the sake of changing branding. The cohesiveness is no better with the new designs and if anything, lack some of the imagination the park-specific cues of the old. 🙄

"LOOK! See? Disney IS changing!"

Last edited:

VJ

View attachment 390183

Thoughts?
Disney's been using this logo on and off since 2017. No idea why they haven't committed to it yet.

JIMINYCR

ok I'm going to admit it but I'm not understanding. How is this plain as all get out font any different than the other one?? This is like the boring default font on every word document. actually reminds me of the plastic tiles from a scrabble board.
Its not just the font, its the addition of the Elephant that stands out and the background with the assorted beasts that at least makes it less boring. It at least promotes an Animal Kingdom park.

The Empress Lilly

ok I'm going to admit it but I'm not understanding. How is this plain as all get out font any different than the other one?? This is like the boring default font on every word document. actually reminds me of the plastic tiles from a scrabble board.
I really just posted it for convenience's sake. I checked the entrace font for comparison and then thought others might be interested in having the three fonts together.

The entrance font indeed is very sparse. Or perhaps one should say robust. In that quasi-art deco (40s post-art deco?) DAK style that the park pulls off so magnificently well, if regrettably in all too few places. (Entrance, Dinosaur area, Theater in the Wild)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom