Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ariel

Hey gang....just wondering if anyone has any reports, tips and/or advice they can share about this resort? It would be very much appreciated!!

:D

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Do a search on Animal Kingdom Lodge or AKL and you will find a wealth of reviews and opinions on this wonderful resort.

I think it's the best of them all, and I'me planning our next trip for October right now. And, of course, we're staying at AKL! :D

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

my family and I ate at boma's for both breakfast and dinner, and both were INCREDIBLE. (though, take this with a grain of salt, I love food, and different kinds of food.) but if you want to try some good african food out, definatly check it out.

there is also simpler american foods if you dont like what they have there. and the desserts are well worth your time at dinner. THey ahve this khalula something or another, it was great!

you can also ask for the recipies from there, they take your email acct and email you all of their recipies. I have tried a few, but some have a lot of strange ingred. that I cant find anywhere.

take plenty of time to check out the three areas. each have giraffes, but each have different animals otherwise.

and take plenty of time to explore inside, there are some incredible art works and whatnot .

take plenty of time to just sit and watch the animals. they are amazing.

make sure you have a room with a view of the animals. if you can, ask for a room on the lowest floor, you get a better view.

....and that is all I can think of right now. ENJOY!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Goofette

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
my family and I ate at boma's for both breakfast and dinner, and both were INCREDIBLE. (though, take this with a grain of salt, I love food, and different kinds of food.) but if you want to try some good african food out, definatly check it out.

you can also ask for the recipies from there, they take your email acct and email you all of their recipies. I have tried a few, but some have a lot of strange ingred. that I cant find anywhere.

When I read this post I was so excited!!! I didn't know you could get recipes from there. Do you happen to know if they have the muligatawney recipe or the tomato Bisque Soup that they serve in the Mara? I fell in love with both of these. I wish I had known about the e-mailing recipes, I would have left my e-mail with them. I absolutely LOVED everything about AKL. And the food I thought was terrific. We would sit out on our balcony (which faced the pool) and smell all of the different smells drifting up to our room from BOMA..oh, it was heaven. We had the sites, sounds and smells of AKL.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

hm, i am not sure, I will check some old emails, but unfortunatly they are all on my computer at my parents house, so it will be a few weeks before i get to check.

and there are a some other resteraunts that will give you their recipies if you ask. When Chef Mickey's used to be a sit down rest. with a real menu, they used to give out little cards with the recipies on them. but definatly ask at the rest. that you love!

we asked at Si-Fi Dine in for ...some..thing...I forget, but the house chef actually came out and talked to my mom about the recipies!

Upvote 0

DanStat

Take time

I love it!

Make sure you take time to take in the atmosphere, and enjoy the savannah. Boma is great also! The fireplaces are awesome!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Hurricane

the menu board at the snack bar/ counter service restaurant is really cool, check it out, and the african stew is really good, as well as the chicken pizza. overall very nice, but i'll take my WL anyday

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom