Animal Kingdom Lodge vs. Yacht Club (Suprise We're Going to Beach Club)

FamilyCallsMeWalt

Original Poster
AKL IS isolated at the end of the property. Yes, it's only X miles to various places, but there are so many better hotels where you will feel more "In the middle" of all the action. Yacht Club or Beach Club are excellent choices to be in the middle. They are literally in the middle of Epcot and the Studios. But hey, you'll be at WDW, How bad could any it be? :)
This is true but African animals every morning and evening!? Hard to beat too.

DISR

It all depends on what you want I suppose but when you look at it I suppose it is clear that AKL is clearly closer to 2 parks than 3 of the hotels. If you want to play the distance game Poly seems to be the one that is "closest" to everything overall. But they don't necessarily have the benefits of Yacht or Beach Club to two/3 of the parks. In terms of AKL certainly, but not the 5 behind Epcot.
Kind of interesting psychology...AKL is so far from everything (probably meaning MK), but you rarely hear a comment about monorail resorts being so far from AK. MK will always be the center of the Disney world to many of its fans.

Last edited:

FamilyCallsMeWalt

Original Poster
Kind of interesting pschology...AKL is so far from everything (probably meaning MK), but you rarely hear a comment about monorail resorts being so far from AKL. MK will always be the center of the Disney world to many of its fans.

To some certainly. But the reality is that Epcot is in the middle as is HS. So the 5 hotels in the middle are closer to a majority of the parks than any of the monorail hotels, MK is great but to many we sometimes just go there once because it is far away from most of the other theme parks.

What is with the HATERS on AKL, it is beautiful there, quite and not in the middle of nowhere, its a great resort. So much detail, the rooms, the animals, great resturants. Never stayed at YC, want to. But when comparing AKL to Bay Lake Tower, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Boardwalk, All Stars, Carribean, Port Orleans Riverside and Ft. Wilderness before the remodle AKL is by far the best!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Where do you get those distances? I have significantly different mileage than this. Not to mention travel time.

Edit: I think you did as the crow flies which is not helpful really. The distance via roads are significantly different.
"Centrally located" was your term. My calcs show that AKL and the Monorail resorts aren't all that different in distance from the parks.

By time and road distance, I'll agree that AK is "closer" to three of the four parks, the water parks, golf courses and mini-golf, although going south from CR is greatly improved now that you no longer have to take the tour of the TTC and Poly parking lots.

correcaminos

"Centrally located" was your term. My calcs show that AKL and the Monorail resorts aren't all that different in distance from the parks.

By time and road distance, I'll agree that AK is "closer" to three of the four parks, the water parks, golf courses and mini-golf, although going south from CR is greatly improved now that you no longer have to take the tour of the TTC and Poly parking lots.
You chose to take it the way you did with your way of measuring. Time and distance makes for something *more* centrally located than another place (like MK). That was my point.

Granted I could've been more clear but I haven't had the time to be totally eloquent in my posts (redoing a kitchen :eek::p )

FamilyCallsMeWalt

Original Poster
I've stayed at both. I prefer the location of YC and I liked YC's room size and bed comfort better. I prefer AKLs theme and grounds, I tend to favor the dining options at AKL Jambo and Kidani over YC/BC/BW/S&D, and call me crazy, but I like AKL's pool better than Stormalong. I know I'm in the minority on that last one.

Call me crazy too but I like both as well. Stormalong bay is really neat but who can beat jumping out of the pool and looking at animals directly after!?

SaltyD

Yacht Club! I love the location right next to Epcot, especially at night when it's easy to stroll home rather than waiting for a bus. Plus it's a walk to Hollywood Studios so it's easy to head back at the end of the day. The pool is awesome and having the boardwalk there at night is perfect for evening/night time strolls. I think those resorts there (Yacht Club, Beach Club and BoardWalk) are the most perfectly located resorts!

My95cobras

Where do you get those distances? I have significantly different mileage than this. Not to mention travel time.

Edit: I think you did as the crow flies which is not helpful really. The distance via roads are significantly different.

Useless to you humans incapable of flight.... for the rest of us, those are perfect measurements of distance.flap flap

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom