Animal Kingdom Lodge or Coronado Springs Tower Room

MissViv

Original Poster
We are currently booked at the CSR in a new Tower Room Lake View. Would you pay $231 more for a 4 night stay at Jambo House in a standard room?

Both resorts are in the AK neighborhood. There aren't very many reviews on the new Tower Rooms except the free promotion before they opened.

We are two adult seniors going in Nov. '19.

We are planning on visiting AKL to eat at Boma's. Never stayed at either one of these resorts. CSR looks very BIG with a lot of walking, of course staying in the Tower we will be close to the transportation and will probably not visit the older areas. Is there a food court in the Tower?

iluvMainStMagic

I'm sure someone will come along soon with more info, but based on our stay several years ago in one of the buildings that was demolished to build the new tower, we didn't find the walk over to the "old" main building (where the food court is) to be that far, especially in light of all the walking that we did in the parks...and at that time, that was about as close to it as you could stay. From what I've read recently, I think there are some food options in the tower, but not a food court. It looks beautiful, and we would love to try it out! Hope you enjoy your trip, where ever you decide to stay!

Zé_Carioca

There is no food court/quick service in the Tower, only two lounges and one signature restaurant. The quick service is in the old main lobby area which is not a super long walk but definitely a longer walk than the walk from a room to the Mara (quick service) at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If walking short distances is a priority I would say Animal Kingdom Lodge is more compact and therefore probably a better option.

MissViv

Original Poster
Can you request a renovated room at AKL?

I have read reports that they do not spray for mosquitoes because of the animals and they left a review that they were eaten alive by them. Will mosquitoes be a problem in November, I am guessing yes?

Decisions, decisions???

Gomer

I have read reports that they do not spray for mosquitoes because of the animals and they left a review that they were eaten alive by them. Will mosquitoes be a problem in November, I am guessing yes?

Decisions, decisions???
This is anecdotal obviously, but I've stayed at AKL 10 times over the last 10 years. (Never in November, but Jan, Feb, May, Aug, and Sep) I've never once noticed a mosquito problem. Not any worse than any place on property anyway. I would guess that the review you mention might have been an isolated incident caused by the previous occupant of the room leaving the sliding doors open for prolonged periods or something to that effect. But, that's just my experience.

MissViv

Original Poster
This is anecdotal obviously, but I've stayed at AKL 10 times over the last 10 years. (Never in November, but Jan, Feb, May, Aug, and Sep) I've never once noticed a mosquito problem. Not any worse than any place on property anyway. I would guess that the review you mention might have been an isolated incident caused by the previous occupant of the room leaving the sliding doors open for prolonged periods or something to that effect. But, that's just my experience.

Thanks for that reply. I am leaning towards AKL just for the experience. I have never stayed there and thought it might be a great change. We have breakfast and dinner reservations at Boma during our stay so that will make it easier (in fact those are the only dining reservations I have made).

We are currently booked at the CSR in a new Tower Room Lake View. Would you pay $231 more for a 4 night stay at Jambo House in a standard room?

Both resorts are in the AK neighborhood. There aren't very many reviews on the new Tower Rooms except the free promotion before they opened.

We are two adult seniors going in Nov. '19.

We are planning on visiting AKL to eat at Boma's. Never stayed at either one of these resorts. CSR looks very BIG with a lot of walking, of course staying in the Tower we will be close to the transportation and will probably not visit the older areas. Is there a food court in the Tower?

I have stayed at AKL about 8 times now. 7 times in Savannah and 1 time with a Standard Room. I would definitely 100% recommend a Savannah room otherwise I would advise to stay at another location. Standard rooms usually overlook the parking lot.

MissViv

Original Poster
I have stayed at AKL about 8 times now. 7 times in Savannah and 1 time with a Standard Room. I would definitely 100% recommend a Savannah room otherwise I would advise to stay at another location. Standard rooms usually overlook the parking lot.

Savannah view would cost $623. more for 4 nights. We can add the Dining Plan to our stay for $604.

MissViv

Original Poster
Still trying to decide. We will be staying at the resort A LOT!! We want to visit as many of the deluxes as possible to see Christmas Decorations.

If we stayed at YC, BC, or BW we could visit all three of those pretty easily and then go to ticket center and hop on monorail and visit the monorail resorts.

Only one we would need to bus to would be AKL. We should be able to take a boat to WL.

I guess this would be worth the $669 and forego the dining plan just for the convenience.

Ghostdog

Decisions, decisions???
We stayed at AKL July 2018 in a Savanna view room and spent LOTS of time out on our balcony at all hours of the day watching the animals...we never saw any mosquitos or bugs the whole time we were there.

MissViv

Original Poster
We stayed at AKL July 2018 in a Savanna view room and spent LOTS of time out on our balcony at all hours of the day watching the animals...we never saw any mosquitos or bugs the whole time we were there.

Would you pay the extra money for the Savanna room ( which would be about the same price as Yacht Club) vs Yacht or Beach Club?

Zé_Carioca

Still trying to decide. We will be staying at the resort A LOT!! We want to visit as many of the deluxes as possible to see Christmas Decorations.

If we stayed at YC, BC, or BW we could visit all three of those pretty easily and then go to ticket center and hop on monorail and visit the monorail resorts.

Only one we would need to bus to would be AKL. We should be able to take a boat to WL.

I guess this would be worth the $669 and forego the dining plan just for the convenience.

Only you can say if the price is worth it/within your budget and if you are willing to pay for the upcharge but I would agree with you, the Boardwalk area would add a convenience that neither AKL or CSR could. It would indeed make resort hopping to see the decorations easier.

I have stayed at BC near the Holidays and it is super charming, plus having the Boardwalk right there gives you a lot more options of activities and meals since you will be staying at the resort it might be a nice perk. I am also biased but one of my favorite things at Disney is taking a stroll down the boardwalk, it is just so relaxing and charming.

Ghostdog

Would you pay the extra money for the Savanna room ( which would be about the same price as Yacht Club) vs Yacht or Beach Club?
We stayed as a graduation present for my son, it was well worth the price for us and on our list of things to do. If you're going to be in your room a lot, than yes I'd say its worth the price. It worked out well for us traveling with 2 teenagers, one who takes a while to get out of bed and the other who takes a while getting ready for the day. DH and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting out on the balcony every morning and evening as we waited on the kids.

On the other hand, DH and I said if we ever went back we'd just stay in a standard room because there are numerous spots to go sit and watch the animals. We were on the third floor where there was a viewing balcony (with tables, chairs and rocking chairs) down the hall a bit; we could sit every morning and watch the baby Giraff being fed his breakfast.

The resort is beautiful and with you being there during the holidays I'm sure it'll be spectacular. I say it's personal preference when it comes to Disney Resorts, if it's a goal to stay there, than why not do it...you won't be disappointed.

I honeymooned at BC and that's a beautiful resort also...someday I'll make it back. Traveling with teenagers (who are considered adults) we tend to stay at the moderates because it's not quite a hit on our pocket book.

Last edited:
I cannot speak to the holiday decor, but I would stay at CSR. We've stayed at both resorts, AKL for the first time earlier this year. We had a savanna room, which really made the experience, though I can't say that I would stay there again. I would much rather be at CSR as an overall resort. I don't find the walking to be excessive, and it is all very pretty.

Ghostdog

We have made our decision and upgraded to the AKL Savanna View! WOW!!

Finally decided that this will be a unique experience for us and will enjoy a laid back vacation enjoying the animals and good food at AKL.
You’re going to LOVE it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom