Animal Kingdom Lodge Music at The Mara

Dukeblue1227

:eek:

This is going to be an exceptionally stupid post but I'm really hoping someone can help me out here haha.

I've tried googling this as best I can, I've tried searching this threads as best I can. I've listened to every song I could find in connection to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. So I'm figuring this to be a dead-end and probably a thread that'll be dead within a day; but I had to try...

So anyway... In December when I stayed at the AKL, every single time I went to the Mara for something, there was this song playing... and then I would very obnoxiously sing it for the remainder of the day and it would annoy the heck out of my gf.

It was an Afircan song, really with no actual words, sang by a man... and everything he sang was repeated by a group of people immediately after.... and the entire song was basically a loop of the same thing...

I'll do my best via a written thread to say what the song sounded like;

The guy would go; "Wenna wenna waaa... WENNA waa wenna... wenna wenna wen wa wa wenna wa wa..." (then the group would chime in); "(wenna wenna waa.... WENNA waa wenna... wenna wenna we wa wa wenna wa wa..."

:eek:

DOES ANYONE have ANY idea what in the heck I am talking about?!?!

And if so... does ANYONE know somewhere I can buy/download this song???????

(I'm gonna get labelled the village idiot real quick... :eek:)

TuffyCatt

I unfortunately can't help you find the song (since I have no clue what it's called or where to find it), but I can at least tell you that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. We were at AKL in December and early January and ate in the Mara very regularly (often twice a day), so needless to say we heard this song ALL the time. And like you, I know I at least found myself singing along to it on more than one instance, much to my family's annoyance. :) Anyway, I'll be watching this thread with interest to see if anyone amazingly knows what it was called or where it can be found!

And an added note: You did an amazing job typing it out! I haven't thought about that song for months and now I have it stuck in my head again!!

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1227

Original Poster
I unfortunately can't help you find the song (since I have no clue what it's called or where to find it), but I can at least tell you that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. We were at AKL in December and early January and ate in the Mara very regularly (often twice a day), so needless to say we heard this song ALL the time. And like you, I know I at least found myself singing along to it on more than one instance, much to my family's annoyance. :) Anyway, I'll be watching this thread with interest to see if anyone amazingly knows what it was called or where it can be found!

And an added note: You did an amazing job typing it out! I haven't thought about that song for months and now I have it stuck in my head again!!

:lol:

Well thank god I'm not crazy then!! And thank you, I'm glad I did a good job typing it out! Hahaha

It randomly popped in my head over the weekend and ever since I've been in "I HAVE TO FIND THIS SONG" mode.

Glad someone else knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Like you said, hopefully someone else has some info on where to get this song...

Upvote 0

Steve-B

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but . . .

Parktunes is a great site where one can find almost any song played at WDW.

There are a few people who have posted (and continue to post) on YouTube some of the ambient soundtracks at various locations around the parks. Sorry, I don't have a specific link.

Then there's always Mousebits.

Hopefully helpful :confused:

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Did you try youtube? They have a lot of park music. Then there is a website that will convert youtube sounds to mp3 files and allow you to download them to your computer.

Upvote 0

Jlm1576

OMG I Know exactly what song you are talking about!!!! I just returned and am racking my brain trying to find the same song!!! I have tried most of the above mentioned sites, and still no luck! If you do find it please come back here and post! I need to here it again!
I am also trying to find the background music from the bus rides
in my attempt at singing it
dooo doooo dooo dooo dodoot doot doot lol (instrumental)
i dont know!
HELP US!

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

I listened to all the MP3 samples on the two links above (not all songs had MP3 samples so it is possible I missed the OP song) and none of them had the "wenna wenna" lyrics apparently so prominent in the OP song.

Upvote 0
Hi I think I may know of this song....
Check this out it's on this CD called Africian Sunrise and the name of the song is called "Mwari-We" let me know if I am correct. I have a few CD's of African Music I bought from Animal Kingdom & the Lodge.
Take care I hope I helped!!! I would go nuts too if I couldn't find a song. I love music....
:wave::sohappy:

Upvote 0

zebradome

I too know EXACTLY which one you're talking about at the mara!!
Also Jlm1576, to listen to the tune you're thinking of there's a jukebox type website with disney park music on it that you can register with and then you go into the animal kingdom section of the jukebox and choose "Discovery Island - Tree of Life Area Music - Tree of Life Two". The actual doo-do-doo starts at 1min20s :D

Upvote 0

Amused to Death

Eleven years later... lol...

See if Saaba's Wéré Wéré To on Koudougou is the track you're looking for. It used to be available as a digital download on Amazon, but I don't see it there anymore. You can find a short sample at Allmusic.com:

Wéré Wéré To is track 50 of 51 at The Mara according to Magic Music:

Upvote 0

Sandurz

Eleven years later... lol...

See if Saaba's Wéré Wéré To on Koudougou is the track you're looking for. It used to be available as a digital download on Amazon, but I don't see it there anymore. You can find a short sample at Allmusic.com:

Wéré Wéré To is track 50 of 51 at The Mara according to Magic Music:

It's wild to me that The Mara has a completely different playlist than the rest of the resort. I'm very familiar with the rest of the resort BGM and this is totally new! Good find!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom