Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jambo House or Kidani Village

Ariel_x33

Original Poster
Hello everyone! We are going to Disney World November 9-13 and are currently booked in a standard room at Kidani Village. I honestly don't know the difference between Kidani Village and Jambo House so I would love to get your opinions on which one is better!

MissViv

If it is just the 2 of you, I would pick Jambo house because of the convenience but if you have a family with kids, then Kidani would probably be better.

FYI - I have only stayed at Jambo House. Loved the atmosphere!

Club Cooloholic

I have stayed at Jambo several times but chose Kidani for our stay this year. The rooms are a little bit bigger, and considering most of Jambo is closed(no store, bars etc)with just the pool open, I think its better to be at Kidani, unless you like it super quiet(like ghost town quiet) then go Jambo.

nickys

Premium Member
If it is just the 2 of you, I would pick Jambo house because of the convenience but if you have a family with kids, then Kidani would probably be better.

FYI - I have only stayed at Jambo House. Loved the atmosphere!
There isn’t any convenience right now to Jambo. Everything is closed except the pool. The pool bar did open over the Labour Day weekend, but has been closed since. No TS or QS, no store, no activities.

You can sit in the lobby and I have seen a report where people took drinks from their room and sat in Victoria Falls Lounge. And the animal viewing areas are still open to use.

I would choose Kidani until the main resort opens, which won’t be any time soon.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I've only stayed at Kidani Village, but I did like it. On my last visit (in 2017), we walked over to Jambo House on our first night there to eat and check out the gift shop. It was cool. The theming at Kidani Village was awesome and I'd want to stay there again.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I will tag on what everyone else said with some standard differences:

If driving a Car, at Jambo you park in a huge uncovered parking lot, while at Kadani you park underground and can be very close to an elevator that takes you close to your room (ie, much less walk than with Jambo)
If you have a standard 1bdrm and up at Kandani you get an extra bathroom (1 brm has two seperate bathrooms, 2 brm has three, etc.)
Jambo has the BIG lobby and Kadani has a much smaller lobby with lower ceiling.
Jambo has a bigger pool.

Kadani (usually) picks up and drops off first with the busses, then to Jambo being the second pickup/drop off.

There is a shuttle van (which actually might not be running right now) that goes between each resort.

Be sure to check out hidden corners in the pool area, there are some areas with animal viewing that are not apparent at each.

Hcalvert

I've stayed at Jambo two times and enjoyed it---the last time in July on reopening. Only the pool was open. I just booked to stay at Kidani over Christmas and I am sure it will be fine. Sanaa's at Kidani, which is a plus.

dreamfinder

I suspect you know this since you own DVC, but I don't think anyone has pointed it out yet. Remember that Kidani is DVC only, while Jambo has a mix of DVC and regular hotel rooms. May not impact much with the current state of everything right now, but it does impact the overall services offered during normal operations.

Nottamus

When everything is/was open...Jambo is our choice of the two. We are also DVC owners at AKL. Right now I think Kidani is the better choice.
Sanaa breakfast, Although quick service, has a table service feel, and the food is great! I like it there!

we go back in April after canceling two 2020 trips, maybe things will be open by then

WDW_Emily

First time saying a jambo house in April! We are a couple looking for a relaxing trip so went with the quieter option where we can be more secluded.
Quick question for anyone who has stayed before: how far is the walk to kidani from jambo? Also would you recommend catching the bus at kidani instead of jambo or does it not make a difference?

Nottamus

Congrats! You’ll love it there..

If I remember right...it’s like a 10-15 minute walk. Give it take a few minutes. Like .5 mile.

the shuttle that goes back and forth is also super convenient.

either way is nice. We’ve only stayed there in April and November when the temperature isn’t bad at all.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
First time saying a jambo house in April! We are a couple looking for a relaxing trip so went with the quieter option where we can be more secluded.
Quick question for anyone who has stayed before: how far is the walk to kidani from jambo? Also would you recommend catching the bus at kidani instead of jambo or does it not make a difference?
The theme park buses go to Kadani first, drop thos guest staying or going to Kandani and pick up new passengers, then go to Jambo, drop and pick up. Then head straight to park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom