Animal Kingdom Lodge is a great choice to stay For Dec 2010 and Why!

Glasgow

AKL is a great resort. That was my first deluxe and I was immensely impressed. To be honest AKL and WL are very similar (designed by the same architect) with the biggest difference being theming, of course. WL has boat service to MK while AKL has the small savannah, which is just about a wash. The edge, for me, goes to AKL due to much better dining options in my opinion but I really like both places. You'll enjoy the huge campfire out back during the cooler weather and also the massive rear glass lobby window.

Upvote 0

KaneMarko

We're heading to AKL late November. It'll be the first time we've actually stayed in a Deluxe resort (although we've visited most of the others). We're really excited!

Upvote 0

madswithano

AKL is great. We're headed there in January!
The resort itself is gorgeous, and the rooms are decorated just as wonderfully as the lobby and everything else. We never had any major transportation issues the last time we stayed there either. I don't think we ever waited more than 15 minutes for a bus. Plus, if your reservations include the concierge level the experience is all the more amazing. The relaxing den of sorts that you get access to and the free drinks (pop, juice, coffee) and snacks (salty snacks, finger foods, candy, desserts, breakfast, etc.) may not seem worth the extra price but they so are.

Upvote 0

SeaCastle

I highly recommend it. Everything about it is so beautiful...it's really an escape from the busy-ness of the parks. The vegetation is lush and green, and you can spend hours just watching the animals- which is an attraction in of itself. Everything is so detailed...there are African exhibits everywhere. Be sure to eat at Boma.

The one downside is its distant/transportation. Plan extra time for getting to and from the parks...especially at park closing times. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Eh...

This was our first Deluxe resort..and agreed the theming is great, but for the money I wasn't very impressed.

I know a lot of people love the restaraunts but you definitely have to be a fan of curry and like spices if you're going to dine there.

Pool is really lame.

Rooms don't seem as spacious as compared to Poly and other Deluxes.

The savannah view rooms are one of the only plusses besides great theming but the walk from the parking lot to these rooms is unbelievably long....rough after a long day at the parks.

One of the few non-fans of AKL.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Double Eh

This was our first Deluxe resort..and agreed the theming is great, but for the money I wasn't very impressed.

I know a lot of people love the restaraunts but you definitely have to be a fan of curry and like spices if you're going to dine there.

Pool is really lame.

Rooms don't seem as spacious as compared to Poly and other Deluxes.

The savannah view rooms are one of the only plusses besides great theming but the walk from the parking lot to these rooms is unbelievably long....rough after a long day at the parks.

One of the few non-fans of AKL.

AKL is a beautiful place to stay. However, with the exception of the Animal Kingdom, all other parks are a drive,(recommend a car rental). The placement of AKL is in a far corner, if you will. I enjoyed my stay at the AKL but will never stay again. We now look for lodgings more central in the World. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Erika

Just a reminder that everyone's entitled to his/her opinion... I don't think it's necessary to hurl insults to make a point. Not everyone likes everything-- isn't that why the resorts are so varied in style? :shrug:

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

AKL is a great place to stay. People need to remember it is the least expensive (along with WL) Deluxe resort. That is why the starting room size is the smallest. Although there are much larger size rooms. Also you don't have the different options for transportation. I really hope some day they develop a scenic boat ride to AK.

The theming and food is one of the best.

Erika is correct in stating different resorts for different folks. One's person gold is another person fool's gold.

Upvote 0

Fashionista007

I stayed at AKL right after it opened in 2002. I had a wonderful experience and we're staying there again in 17 days!! I'm surprised no one has mentioned the CMs that work there. I really enjoy the African culture and the CMs that work at AKL are very interesting to talk to. They are incredibly friendly, polite, and have the neatest accents. A++ resort!

Upvote 0

DecWDW

This Dec will be my third time at AKL, but my first for Kidani. Even with any potential transportation problems or walking distance to anything, I still love it there. The ambiance is fantastic and watching the animals is awesome!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom