Animal Kingdom Lodge Buses and Character breakfast

ninjaprincesst

Not sure if this is the right spot, but here is my problem. We will be staying at AKL for the 1st time, We have a 07:30 am ADR for Ohana at the Poly (ADR was made when we were going to be staying at WL). My first question is does AKL even have breakfast buses that go directly to the character breakfast? Next, if they do if we are out there and ready when the first bus shows up can we make it to the Poly in time? Then that leads to the next question if the buses are not going to be an option doe anyone have any idea what the approximate cab fare would be for 3 people to the Poly from AKL, I know Uber would probably be cheaper but I'm just not real comfortable with Uber. Any advice would be very much appreciated as this is new territory for us.

Rob562

Non-park-specific Breakfast Buses will start between 630 and 645 at all hotels. They are there to get you to those early morning ADRs. They do not run on set routes. You get on, tell the driver where you're going, and he'll get you there. The bus might make a roundabout route depending on who else is on the bus with you, but you'll get there.

-Rob

Upvote 0

FireChiefGoofy

Non-park-specific Breakfast Buses will start between 630 and 645 at all hotels. They are there to get you to those early morning ADRs. They do not run on set routes. You get on, tell the driver where you're going, and he'll get you there. The bus might make a roundabout route depending on who else is on the bus with you, but you'll get there.

-Rob

We haven't run breakfast buses in years. Park transportation starts approximately 1.5 hours before park opening. Take the bus to the park that is CLOSEST to your reservation and make your transfer there. So to get to Ohana, take the Magic Kingdom bus and transfer to either the resort monorail or boat.

It will be a long wait for a "breakfast bus" because it will never come. Hope this helps!

Have a great time,
Your Friendly Disney Bus Driver!

Upvote 0

Rickster7

I stayed at AKL and had a early breakfast at Crystal Palace and thought I needed to take a taxi. I did not and wasted 25 dollars. The taxi had to drop me at the Contemporary Resort and then I had to walk to the MK. I get to MK and about a dozen buses were dropping guest off. I felt like a idiot.

Upvote 0

Rob562

We haven't run breakfast buses in years. Park transportation starts approximately 1.5 hours before park opening. Take the bus to the park that is CLOSEST to your reservation and make your transfer there. So to get to Ohana, take the Magic Kingdom bus and transfer to either the resort monorail or boat.

It will be a long wait for a "breakfast bus" because it will never come. Hope this helps!

Have a great time,

Interesting. This is the first I've read that the breakfast buses were discontinued. In that case, I guess I'll stop suggesting it. :)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

Have a great time,
If it's been years then what was the bus at All-Star Sports doing that took my family and I to the Contemporary fro Chef's Mickeys last year?

Upvote 0

FireChiefGoofy

Yeah one took us straight to the Poly from WL last November and it arrived at 6:30 am not an hour and a half before park opening.

If there are times when no guests are going to the park, the driver, at their discretion, may ask the dispatcher to drop you off directly at the hotel. Remember, there are early breakfasts in the parks (Crystal Palace, Tusker House, etc.) that guests need to get to. You will never see a bus pull up with a marquee that says Breakfast Bus.

Trust me, I've been driving Disney buses long enough in the morning, there is not a "breakfast bus."

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
If there are times when no guests are going to the park, the driver, at their discretion, may ask the dispatcher to drop you off directly at the hotel. Remember, there are early breakfasts in the parks (Crystal Palace, Tusker House, etc.) that guests need to get to. You will never see a bus pull up with a marquee that says Breakfast Bus.

Trust me, I've been driving Disney buses long enough in the morning, there is not a "breakfast bus."
I understand that there is no breakfast bus but always in the past we were told to just tell the driver what hotel and they would take you to the hotel and they always in the past arrived at 6:30 not 7:30 because people have 7:30 adrs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom