Animal Kingdom hours October--closing at sunset?

Atomicmickey

I don't know if anyone has any specific info on this, but we are going to AK in mid-October, and the current park hours have it closing at 7PM.

This doesn't make a lick of sense to me, what with Rivers of Light, and Pandora's bio luminescence being such a big part of the experience.

I would guess that AK would be open until 10 or 11?

Also hoping to do a ROL dining package and of course there is no such thing if it's not on the schedule.

Anyone have any info?

BoardwalkGlenn

Disney is usually conservative with the park hours this far out, plus I'm sure they're waiting to see things go with Pandora before extending the hours. Let's hope they do extend them by an hour or two.

Not sure on ROL dining packages, but they may not be released until less than 180 day mark.

Upvote 0

disneyfrk1221

I am going the exact same time as you and I'm wondering the same thing. I made all my other plans and reservations on the assumption that they will extend the hours from 7pm. I just cant imagine them closing at sunset before people can experience the night time stuff, I'll be so disappointed. But I really feel they're going to extend the hours.

Upvote 0

Tinkerfan4ever

We too are going in Oct. 142 days from now to be exact. I have been watching the website like a hawk to see when they open Rivers of Light dining packages. It is just frustrating that we make plans 180 days out, but they can't give us the schedule 180 days ahead of time.

Upvote 0

Riddick

Considering the sunset times for Florida seem to be projected for around 7pm in October 2017 you'd hope they'd be open to at least 9pm, ideally 10pm to allow guests to maximise the nighttime experience!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

This has been the normal for a few years now I think. WDW seriously under projects closing times at the 180 day mark (or whenever the hours first get posted) and then increase them as it gets closer. While Epcot won't shift much, the other 3 may change anywhere from 1 to 4 hours, depending on the season. Lots of muttering on forums about this, WDW expects us to set our plans in stone at 180 days (or 60/30 days for FP) but they can't figure out their schedule until a few weeks beforehand.

Upvote 0

andy773

Last year the closing time started out at 5:00 pm for AK on weeknights and ended up at 8:30 pm. I think the change happened in mid-August but could be way off on that. It happened by Labor Day for sure though.

Upvote 0

Riddick

They seem to have done that for most dates in October, or at least ones with Rivers of Light (showing at 8pm) but I'd still like them to push it further...

Upvote 0

crxbrett

I'm going the last week of August/1st week of September when the sun doesn't set until 8:30 and they are only keeping the park open till 9:30pm. I was hoping they'd at least keep it open until 10 or 10:30 until after Labor Day. There's actually still a little bit of light lingering until about 9pm in late August. I think they close all of the parks way too early for late summer now. 10pm should be the earliest the parks should close until at least after Labor Day weekend. My favorite time to see the parks is at night!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom