Animal kingdom expansion! In need of ideas

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
So in addition to the dinoland overhaul,
Animal kingdom would also undergo a massive expansion, a 30 acre one in fact that would add several new lands rides and also renovate the river rapids by replacing it, making way for a new one themed to European mythology, any ideas for the theme of that? My idea is one themed to the Black Forest in Germany somehow but how should I do that?

MickeyMouse10

The left and upper middle sections could use some new lands. The great thing is with Disney there's so many possibilities with animals. Zootopia, is the first one I can think of, but people are really torn on whether it fits or not.

It could also use some love for it's current lands and attractions (Dinoland, Everest and Kali River) as well.

Last edited:

PerGron

Animal kingdom would also undergo a massive expansion, a 30 acre one in fact that would add several new lands rides and also renovate the river rapids by replacing it, making way for a new one themed to European mythology, any ideas for the theme of that? My idea is one themed to the Black Forest in Germany somehow but how should I do that?
I recently did a European area for my Disney’s Wild Kingdom project, though the main focus was on actual European wildlife than mythology. I did have an Omnimover where you ride past different mythological creatures from all over the world so that would be neat to see as a water ride too.

MickeyMouse10

I've always said I'm cool with IP's if it works.

And Jungle Book totally works for Kali River Rapids. It replaces a very boring looking ride with something people actually care about. With a classic song or two along the way like "Bear Necessities".

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
I would have used jungle book as a new omnimover ride for Asia in the area where the deforestation area from kali river rapids is now. I would put a bigger and better river rapids ride in a new area, maybe either in Europe or as a log flume type attraction themed to meso america, maybe with a emperors new groove theme in a South America area. It would be called the emperors new flume . And maybe be a water coaster with the first ever vertical free fall on a water coaster. Obviously it would be the pull the lever kronk scene.
I've always said I'm cool with IP's if it works.

And Jungle Book totally works for Kali River Rapids. It replaces a very boring looking ride with something people actually care about. With a classic song or two along the way like "Bear Necessities".

wazowski_216

I really would like to see a new UP! land. You could enjoy a thrilling escape from Charles Muntz's Airship, take a relaxing trip to Paradise Falls, learn how to chase a squirrel with Dug and SO much more!

wazowski_216

hey guys i have a forum called ride ideas you may be able to find it thru my profile go post some of ur ideas there i am a die hard disney fan and will read every one because as walt said the parks will never be complete as long is there still a little bit of imagination in the wrld

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
I really would like to see a new UP! land. You could enjoy a thrilling escape from Charles Muntz's Airship, take a relaxing trip to Paradise Falls, learn how to chase a squirrel with Dug and SO much more!
I would rather have just a up attraction. I don’t think up has enough power to stand as it’s own land and it would make more sense if it were an attraction in a South America area, maybe some kind of simulator

Parker41056

My dream DAK overhaul be the following:
1: Major Refurbish or Retheme to It's a Bugs Life. Possible quick service bug themed dessert and drink station with wild looking selections
2: Addition of a Lion King Land:
a: E-Ticket thrilling Dark ride with Pride Rock being the façade. Same ride system as new Beauty and Beast in Hong Kong complete with all the major songs but with a twist. Their would be an element where guest are in a high speed cheese running from hyenas. This part may include some outdoor components.. It's a crime that Lion Kings does not have a major E-Ticket at DAK.. Most successful animal movie of all time.
b: Land would also feature a table service restaurant overlooking the safari. Live animal acts/entertained would be conducted during dining times.
c: Festival of Lion Kings Remains
3: Addition of a Rain Forest Area that would be highlighted by a hanging Tarzan Coaster that follows the tree tops. Land would also have a ropes course like in Shanghai and could incorporate an Amazon River boat ride in the same style as Jurassic Park
4: Finally Add Beastly Kingdom with a thrilling coaster weaving in around a dragons lair. The light side would feature an indoor/outdoor boat ride attraction showcasing more mythical characters and heavily incorporate Raya and the Last Dragon as the overarching theme. Land would also feature a Pteranodon Flyer style attraction but this version would include riding on the back of a mythical creature through lush gardens
5: Dino land: Keep Dinosaur attraction but add the Excavator mine cart and enhance the archeological theme
6: Tundra Land: Add an Ice Age attraction that's akin to Matterhorn in Disneyland. Include a 5D Scat attraction
7: Jungle book - Either replace Finding Nemo Musical or create a new E-ticket attraction using the Pirates Shanghai tech.

Not yet sold on the Zootopia idea or about Bringing Indy to DAK. All of my dream scenarios though would cost some major $$$ and prob would never be green lit but are dreaming.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
1: Major Refurbish or Retheme to It's a Bugs Life. Possible quick service bug themed dessert and drink station with wild looking selections
a: E-Ticket thrilling Dark ride with Pride Rock being the façade. Same ride system as new Beauty and Beast in Hong Kong complete with all the major songs but with a twist. Their would be an element where guest are in a high speed cheese running from hyenas. This part may include some outdoor components.. It's a crime that Lion Kings does not have a major E-Ticket at DAK.. Most successful animal movie of all time.
b: Land would also feature a table service restaurant overlooking the safari. Live animal acts/entertained would be conducted during dining times.
3: Addition of a Rain Forest Area that would be highlighted by a hanging Tarzan Coaster that follows the tree tops. Land would also have a ropes course like in Shanghai and could incorporate an Amazon River boat ride in the same style as Jurassic Park
4: Finally Add Beastly Kingdom with a thrilling coaster weaving in around a dragons lair. The light side would feature an indoor/outdoor boat ride attraction showcasing more mythical characters and heavily incorporate Raya and the Last Dragon as the overarching theme. Land would also feature a Pteranodon Flyer style attraction but this version would include riding on the back of a mythical creature through lush gardens
5: Dino land: Keep Dinosaur attraction but add the Excavator mine cart and enhance the archeological theme
6: Tundra Land: Add an Ice Age attraction that's akin to Matterhorn in Disneyland. Include a 5D Scat attraction
7: Jungle book - Either replace Finding Nemo Musical or create a new E-ticket attraction using the Pirates Shanghai tech.

Not yet sold on the Zootopia idea or about Bringing Indy to DAK. All of my dream scenarios though would cost some major $$$ and prob would never be green lit but are dreaming.
I’m kind of against lands for stuff like lion king as it would be much more flexible to make stuff like a Africa expansion with a small lion king mini land, maybe with a flume dark ride with vibrant colors and the cartoony style of the 2d movie.

Parker41056

Forgot to add, but a new nighttime spectacular show.

Parker41056

I’m kind of against lands for stuff like lion king as it would be much more flexible to make stuff like a Africa expansion with a small lion king mini land, maybe with a flume dark ride with vibrant colors and the cartoony style of the 2d movie.
Yeah, I totally see that logic.. No IP Lands are so much easier to update and change in the future. A mini land in Africa would work as well.

wazowski_216

i agree that Zootopia is a no. And bug's life needs more representation

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Yeah, I totally see that logic.. No IP Lands are so much easier to update and change in the future. A mini land in Africa would work as well.
Yes they are much more flexible. A mini land would work well. And maybe in a North American area could be a grizzly gulch coaster from hkdl with a slight retheme to differentiate it from btm and expedition everest, maybe more of a grizzly peak from dca theme.

Ghost93

For Pandora:
1. Have a walkthrough attraction in which you are able to meet animatronic wildlife from Pandora, including a gigantic animatronic of Toruk Makto. Have at least one Na'vi animatronic present to greet guests.
2. On the Na'vi River Journey, add additional animatronic animals and Na'vi. It's a beautiful ride but needs more life in it.
3. Since the sequels will take place underwater, have an attraction where you go into the oceans of Pandora. This ride could be similar to the defunct 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride, but with much more advanced technology, animatronics, projection mapping and vehicle movements.
4. A stage show. Possibly a 30 minute version of Toruk the FIrst Flight? Or perhaps a different story, but told in a similar style. Here is a youtube preview for reference:

For Dinoland
1. Get rid of the carnival idea. Instead, revamp the entire land so that it feels like we are traveling back in time to when Dinosaurs existed. This isn't Jurassic Park, where the Dinosaurs have entered our world. This is us, the tourists, going into Dinosaur territory.
2. Keep the Dinosaur ride, but update all of the animatronics. Maybe update the video introduction.
3. Replace the Primeval whirl with a legitimately great and thrilling roller coaster.
4. Add a dark ride that tells us the history of Dinosaurs. This will be both educational and entertaining, filled with realistic animatronics.
5. If the execs want an IP tie in, a Good Dinosaur meet and greet.

For Asia:
  1. Get rid of Kali River Rapids. I love raft rides, but this one is ridiculously short and underwhelming. Instead, replace it with a much longer water ride (2-3 times as long) themed around the Jungle Book. The ride wouldn’t feature Mowgli, as the animal characters (which are all animatronics) would instead be interacting with us as we venture through the Jungle. While I much prefer the 1967 Jungle Book to the remake, I think the animal designs should be based off the 2016 version as Animal Kingdom has always been among the more grounded and realistic of the Disney parks. The themes of conservation resonate more when the animals look like animals instead of cartoons. Anyway, we start off floating past the wolves, then enter a scarier vine-filled section of the ride where Kaa tries to hypnotize us. We escape from Kaa only to float into King Louis’ Temple (where King Louis will sing “I want to be Like You”). After leaving the Temple, Shere Kahn attacks us, but we escape him by going down a water fall (a big drop). The finale of the ride is Baloo, Bageera and several other animals singing the Bare Necessities.
  2. Have a Raya and the Last Dragon attraction set in the Kingdom of Kumandra. The attraction is a maze. Before you enter the maze, you are handed a mystical gem that you need to give to Raya and the dragon Sisu in order to help them to defeat the Evil Spirits known as the Druun. As you venture into the maze, you encounter people and dragons that the Druun had turned into stone. At the end of the maze you locate Sisu (an animatronic) and Raya (a cast member) and give them the gem so they can save the Kingdom.
  3. Fix the Yeti on Expedition Everest. :)

For Africa
This land is pretty fine as is. The Lion King could get its own ride, though I feel the movie is already well represented through the Festival of the Lion King stage show and Rafki’s Planet Watch. Maybe also add Tarzan’s treehouse to the land.

New Land: Zootopia, which includes a monorail-like ride that takes you through a tour of the city, an action-packed dark ride, a simulator ride, a Gazelle concert stage show, two restaurants (one sit down, one to-go) and several stores. Land would also include meet and greet activities.

This land will be built on the far east side of the park, with enough trees obscuring it so that the city aesthetic does not clash with the nature-environment of the rest of the park.

Discovery Island:
Keep the general idea of “it’s tough to be a Bug” but update the technology.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom