Animal kingdom expansion! In need of ideas

MickeyMouse10

Yeah, I do think they hid the story for Kali a little too much. It isn’t clear to anyone what the hell is going on.

I like the original ideas of having some tiger animatronics. At least it would have given us something to stare at besides strangers.

Goofy Ninja

Jungle Book seems like it only could go in Animal Kingdom. All of the other parks seem like they don’t fit with the movie. Like when they had Lion King in Fantasyland, it just felt weird.

Brer Panther

Jungle Book seems like it only could go in Animal Kingdom. All of the other parks seem like they don’t fit with the movie. Like when they had Lion King in Fantasyland, it just felt weird.
I could hypothetically see it working fine in Adventureland, but yeah, I agree that Animal Kingdom is the best place for it.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
W
I could hypothetically see it working fine in Adventureland, but yeah, I agree that Animal Kingdom is the best place for it.
also, it’s definitely no longer that relavent, still very popular and loved, but a gravity falls land replacing dinorama would be relay cool and you could have it still retain the seedy tourist trap but with a lot more effort. Maybe just a gravity falls inspired take. Walkthrough Museum that goes wrong, stuff like that. Maybe rework dinorama in a way that’s more ambitious and still impressive

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Yeah, I don’t know why they made it so uneventful. The original tiger idea seemed much better.
Then again it would take up a ridiculous amount of space so tbh I’m glad cause it would be cool but kind of a waste of space unless they were animatronics. How about an up themed flume ride or something. Or a walkthrough/theater attraction that would be cool, a walkthrough on a motion platform. Maybe in a way like the billet train. Basically the plot being your flying in the house. It would also use technology similar to the millennium falcon and the windows would render a real-time animal kingdom model. Idk something like that would be cool. Or a hot air baloon ride. I’ll detail my ideas

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Jungle Book seems like a perfect choice. The animatronics would have to be covered somehow though. Like in caves and indoor areas, so they don’t get wet.
I’d make it an Omni mover similar to a fantasyland like dark ride, maybe even give animal kingdom a new section Similar to the planned beastly kingdom, but more about cryptozoology and like Bigfoot or Sasquatch. also we really need a Latin/south America style area. A rio suspended family coaster would work well, also some environmental stuff with the rainforest.and if they really wanted to they douldnalso put in encanto too, and up, so yeah

Goofy Ninja

Yeah, I concur. If it could go anywhere else it would be Adventureland. But Animal wins out of the two, because 1. it's definitely Asian and 2. most of the characters are animals.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Now that disney owns fox, would you be okay with ice age and rio attractions in animal kingdom? I think since they are animal related properties it works

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Personally, I would be.

I'd definitely prefer 'em in Animal Kingdom over Encanto.
Encanto would be good in epcot or the magic kingdom. There was two ice age boat rides, one in germany and the other in indonesia, the one in indonesia is still open but yeah. Idk what ride system for ice age, but id imagine a roller coaster based on this scene

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
And rio could either go in animal kingdom or epcot, likely in a brazil south america area for either. i envision a flying theater type ride system, perhaps one that puts you in a flying position,

MickeyMouse10

Now that disney owns fox, would you be okay with ice age and rio attractions in animal kingdom? I think since they are animal related properties it works

Lately I've been thinking the same thing about Ice Age. It would be a little weird at first, but we'd get used to it. It's definitely one of the more suitable replacements for Dinoland. Plus the ice aesthetic of the land would be really cool and different. They could even take some inspiration from the ice land that was never built in Disneysea.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Lately I've been thinking the same thing about Ice Age. It would be a little weird at first, but we'd get used to it. It's definitely one of the more suitable replacements for Dinoland. Plus the ice aesthetic of the land would be really cool and different. They could even take some inspiration from the ice land that was never built in Disneysea.
Maybe not all of dinoland right? Just dinorama

MickeyMouse10

Maybe not all of dinoland right? Just dinorama

MV5BMTMzNDkzMTcyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDIzMjM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Yeah, I guess that could work because Dinos actually appear in at least one of the films. They could always do just a slight retheme with matching dinos for the right side. So everything feels cohesive for the entire section.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Or you could do something like this: the rides facade is that of a natural history museum, having a new exhibit about the ice age. Once inside you pass a wooly mammoth skeleton, and as you traverse through the museum it slowly goes from modern museum to cave, and you see cave paintings. Eventually youd find a ride vehicle which you would board, taking you on a ride.
MV5BMTMzNDkzMTcyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDIzMjM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Yeah, I guess that could work because Dinos actually appear in at least one of the films. They could always do just a slight retheme with matching dinos for the right side. So everything feels cohesive for the entire section.

MickeyMouse10

It would fit more than Zootopia, because they act like the animals they are based on.

I agree, I used to think Zootopia could fit, but now I'm on the other side. I don't think you can put animals that are dressed like humans in Animal Kingdom. It goes too much away from the theming.

... But since it's the wrong thing to do Disney will probably do it.

PrinceCharming617

Raya and the Last Dragon
----- (slot car dark ride, similar to journey to the center of the earth)
----- (the ride vehicles follows sisu as she shows you her different abilities and the dragon gem. there are even screen areas like on universal hollywood’s jurassic world, which shows sisu swimming alongside the vehicle)

I love Awkwafina so any attraction with her in it is bound to be good. She was the best part of both Raya and Shang Chi. I love her raspy voice and sense of humor. Honestly the only thing I don't agree with involving her is her casting as Scuttle. But I'm sure she'll hit that one of the park too. 🥰🥰🥰

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom