Animal kingdom expansion! In need of ideas

oogie boogie man

Animal Kingdom’s central area was a nice idea to homage the now defunct Discovery/Treasure Island.

But it does seem like it has too much of a generic zoo theming. It doesn’t set itself a part like Hollywood and Magic’s front areas do.

PerGron

I always thought that the front of Animal was pretty boring looking. Each of the other parks have a more memorable look.

The front of animal just looks like a jungle or that weird relative’s house who has too many plants.
Animal Kingdom’s central area was a nice idea to homage the now defunct Discovery/Treasure Island.

But it does seem like it has too much of a generic zoo theming. It doesn’t set itself a part like Hollywood and Magic’s front areas do.
I strongly disagree with both of you on that point. The Oasis sets the tone of adventure and connection to nature through winding paths of jungle, water, and sound. It is the perfect thesis statement for the park and I’ll absolutely die on that hill.

oogie boogie man

I strongly disagree with both of you on that point. The Oasis sets the tone of adventure and connection to nature through winding paths of jungle, water, and sound. It is the perfect thesis statement for the park and I’ll absolutely die on that hill.

It's cool my man, everyone has an opinion.

I just would rather have a more themed entrance area. Main Street, but with some type of animal theming.

Rambozo

A Bugs Life (dark ride)

I forgot how much I used to love this film. My favorite scene is the Bug City part, it feels just like New York City. But with less bugs. :p

It really feels alive and is a stark contrast to the more country upbringing and lifestyle Flik usually lives.

Frankenstein79

I see your point, it does set a certain tone for the park. That makes it different than the others. But it isn’t very pleasing to the eye.

The Lochness Monsta

I like the jungle feel, they can’t have each park feel exactly the same. Things were so nicely themed in the early days. Each park had their own original ideas/ themes for them. Well before they went too Ip crazy.

itsy bitsy spider

I forgot how much I used to love this film. My favorite scene is the Bug City part, it feels just like New York City. But with less bugs. :p

It really feels alive and is a stark contrast to the more country upbringing and lifestyle Flik usually lives.

Yeah, Flik is so gullible, like many of the country folk who get to the big city. They think “My crappy small town loves me so I’ll make it.”

Then before you know they are… on the corner of Sunset begging for a dollar. And doing unscrupulous things to get it. Sorry snowflake things are different outside your bubble.

Rambozo

Animal kingdom really could use another section. The upper and left quadrants need something.

Heck I’d welcome any expansions to their current lands as well.

itsy bitsy spider

Yeah, in between Pandora and Africa would be nice. There’s too much dead space not being used there. It’s a pretty long walk with barely anything, but stagnant water.

The Lochness Monsta

The dark ride could be amazing.

It can start at the beginning of Flik’s journey with the dandelion. And have even the part where he smashes into the rock.

itsy bitsy spider

The dark ride could be amazing.

It can start at the beginning of Flik’s journey with the dandelion. And have even the part where he smashes into the rock.

1.-the-rock.jpg

MickeyMouse10

I love that scene in the bar when Francis almost gets his asswhipped. It’s amazing that they got Denis Leary for the role. Disney would probably not be so bold nowadays.

They’d probably try to hire real ants for the roles and have it be directed by an ant.

Bob Chapek - “Only an ant knows what it’s like to be an ant. So we couldn’t go with a real human. … It does make it tough to get things done though.”

PrinceCharming617

Heimlich’s Beautiful Caterpillar
----- (formerly animal area)
----- (caterpillar ride, similar to slinky dog zig zag spin)

Heimlich is a lot like Slinky Dog Dash in Disneyland Paris. It’s mostly for the kiddies, but Animal Kingdom really seems to need more of that.

Much like Hollywood needed it before they added Toy Story Land.

oogie boogie man

Heimlich is a lot like Slinky Dog Dash in Disneyland Paris. It’s mostly for the kiddies, but Animal Kingdom really seems to need more of that.

Much like Hollywood needed it before they added Toy Story Land.

I definitely couldn't ride it with my wife. Given my husky, chocolate-made physique I'd probably kill her.

Plus I'd have to be a single parent which sounds just as frightening.

Parker41056

5 Year plan to upgrade DAK beginning in 2023.

2023 New Day Night/Show along with new version of Flight of Passage to tag along the new release.
2024 Add E-Ticket Excavator wooden Coaster to Dino Land replacing Primeval Whirl.
2025 Add Rainforest Area to Africa along with Tarzan Hanging Coaster
2026 Add Lion King trackless Dark Ride
2027 Add Jungle Book boat ride in Asia using Shanghai Pirates ride system.

I mean 4 E-tickets in 5 years, a man can dream!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom