Animal Kingdom Expansion Ideas

captainmoch

Original Poster
Avatar Land still won't be coming out for two years, but at this point we have a pretty good idea of what it will bring. An immersive area, Soarin-esque e-ticket, boat ride d-ticket, and misc dining and shopping areas. While that and the other new night entertainment do sound great, I do feel like with a few more attractions, not only would Animal Kingdom be a full day park, it'd be one of Disney's best. So... what do y'all think they should add?

My attraction ideas include:
- Lion King and Jungle Book dark rides. At the very least, an elaborate Lion King dark ride that utilizes a trackless ride system and incredible AAs of the main characters could be amazing.
- A Good Dinosaur related attraction replacing DinoRama. I don't even care how that movie ends up being, I'd rather it be at the park then Chester and Hester...
- Areas based off Australia and South America. Both would fit in terms of being "exotic" continents with unique wildlife/ecosystems.
- A Beastly Kingdom revival would still be great. Avatar may fill a similar void, but if anything that represents aliens more then it does mythological creatures. There could potentially be some unique thrill and family rides there.
- A bit of a stretch, but some sort of Mystic Manor port or Indiana Jones attraction could work in Animal Kingdom. Both involve world-explorers and adventurers who often find artifacts in the jungle. I'm not saying it'd entirely fit but they would be good additions.

I'm planning on doing a few mock-ups of some of these ideas, although I don't have the time tonight. In the meantime, any thoughts?

orlando678-

I would actually love to see Euope and Antarctica too, because they also have things related to the Animal Kingdom. Europe could have a Loch Ness ride or an Alpine bobsled, not like Matterhorn, but one who is actually like a Swiss bob racer. Antarctica could have a trackless sleigh ride or a flume ride where an arctic mountain is melting for example. Another area for me would be something for future zoology. In france there is a theme park called Futuroscope and they have an amazing ride based on future zoology and I would love to see something like this. Also to bring IP in are A Bug's land or Ant Island, Nemo's Seas or Under the Sea if you add Little Mermaid and the upcoming Zootopia

captainmoch

Original Poster
I would actually love to see Euope and Antarctica too, because they also have things related to the Animal Kingdom. Europe could have a Loch Ness ride or an Alpine bobsled, not like Matterhorn, but one who is actually like a Swiss bob racer. Antarctica could have a trackless sleigh ride or a flume ride where an arctic mountain is melting for example. Another area for me would be something for future zoology. In france there is a theme park called Futuroscope and they have an amazing ride based on future zoology and I would love to see something like this. Also to bring IP in are A Bug's land or Ant Island, Nemo's Seas or Under the Sea if you add Little Mermaid and the upcoming Zootopia
Those could be interesting too, especially Antarctica. That also gives me an idea of Europe being the overlying theme for Beastly Kingdom. Similar to how North America is represented (to an extent) by Dino-Land, U.S.A.

spacemt354

Chili's
Those could be interesting too, especially Antarctica. That also gives me an idea of Europe being the overlying theme for Beastly Kingdom. Similar to how North America is represented (to an extent) by Dino-Land, U.S.A.

Antarctica would be cool (pardon the pun):p

Especially with the ice caps melting and the conservation theme of AK, I could see an indoor ride/show similar to Universe of Energy fitting in nicely.

Twilight_Roxas

Like the ride could be the same only theme to the film. Like how Maholland Madness is retheme to Goofy's Sky School that is based off the Goofy shorts.

captainmoch

Original Poster
Like the ride could be the same only theme to the film. Like how Maholland Madness is retheme to Goofy's Sky School that is based off the Goofy shorts.
Hmm, that could work. Maybe if the Primeval Whirl refurbishment makes it feel less... deadly... it could work. And if it feels less carnival-y.

The90skid

What about an attraction based off of the Rescuers? Or if you want to include Australia, the Rescuers Down Under! Maybe a trackless AA Dark Ride where you have to help the Rescuers save some animals.

The90skid

However, I am also in favor of any original non-IP attractions (Everest, Kilamanjaro, Kali, something along those rides). Maybe some sort of suspended coaster?

orlando678-

Like this:

Coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom is:

Kow Siwang~ The Red Dragon:

chinese-dragon-red.jpg

In Asia you will find the newest addition to Animal Kingdom after a line-up of four other major additions being the Rivers of Light show, Pandora, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Yangtze River Expedition. The ride will be build near the Maharajah Animal Trail and behind the flights of wonder show. It will take a small part of the track from the Wilderness Express. This ride will mainly represent China and its' culture. I added the theme of the dragon, because of Animal Kingdom's logo. The dragon( together with the Yeti) will represent the fictional/ legendary animals on Earth( I think it would be cool to see a line-up of these in Animal Kingdom in the future with Loch Ness monster in a new Europe area, Bigfoot in a new North America area etc.). The ride's building will be an Ancient Chinese palace. In front of the temple are ponds with water lillies in it. Also koi-carp fish are in the ponds. The ride will be a part dark ride and a part rollercoaster.
th
The queue will start in a smaller hall. Here you can see a big image of the legendary dragon Kow Siwang. This red dragon was feared because he represented death. It was said that he took souls to the underworld. Then some other halls will have Chinese artifacts and paintings in it. Then guests enter the pre-show room. Here an audio animatronic Chinese old lady welcomes us to the palace. She says that she's glad that we are here, now during the festival of lights. She then tells the story of the dragons, about both the friendly and the dangerous ones.Then she will tell us about the legendary Kow Siwang, one of the most dangerous Chinese dragons. She then asks us to go outside and to join the festival of lights. The station will simulate the feeling of being outside in the dark, but a lot of lanterns are lit to keep a nice atmosphere.
Guests board vehicles that look like Chinese carriages converted into rollercoaster vehicles. The gates in front of the vehicles open and you go past dark ride scenes. These scenes will be similar to the Pirates of the Caribbean town scenes, but here we will explore the festival. In the villages you can see audio animatronic villagers, acrobats, chickens, elephants, monkeys and thousands of shining lights. Then we will get a scene where we hear a loud growl. This scene will have a projection in the sky with a dragon flying by. The village scene will have buildings on fire.
village.jpg
Then we move into the woods. Here we first see pandas and other wildlife. Then we move into a darker and mistier area. We hear footsteps and then a giant audio animatronic dragon appears ( similar to the carnotaurus from Dinosaur). He breathes fire. The vehicle begins to accelerate as we hear sounds of the monster around us. The vehicles escape via a cave. There will be loops and other inversions. Then we go up a lift hill. At the top appears Kow Siwang in a way similar to the T-Rex of Jurassic River Adventure. We drop down into the forest. Then we see the gates of the Chinese village. They open by audio animatronic Chinese warriors. Inside we see the villagers celebrate the rescue of their village. You can see fireworks in the sky. Then our vehicles move back slowly to the stations.
Guests then exit the ride and end up in the Feng Ju Mystics souvenir shop. Here souvenirs themed to the attraction and Chinese artifacts are sold. The ride will take around 6 minutes and it will be all indoor. There will be 4 people on a row and 5 people behind each other in one vehicle. The ride will have a lot of audio animatronic, smoke and fire effects. I think you can say that the ride is pretty similar to the Revenge of the Mummy ride at Universal Studios Orlando, but this one will be longer. I hope that with this ride, Asia will represent another area of its' continent. I think it also fits better with the Yangtze river ride. This ride is able to finally bring the dragon to Animal Kingdom !

So, I completely misjudged myself. I didn't actually need my extension, but oh well I hope the results are fine.

captainmoch

Original Poster
Oh man, that also sounds great! I also love that idea of Journey to the Center of the Earth coming to DAK. I've never been to TDS so I'd love that to come here.

NORTH AMERICA
I would love to see more incorporation of other continents! maybe change dino land to "north america" and add some sort of animal trail with bears and deer and wolves to name a few. would also like to see a good dinosaur attraction in that area. this area would be perfect for a bambi, home on the range, brother bear, or fox and the hound attraction. if they dont retheme dino land, then they should just completely add this.

AUSTRALIA
then they need to add an australia area. they could have a sydney opera house restaurant and kangaroos and other marcupials native to australia. finding nemo and the great barrier reef could fit really well here and help to add marine life to animal kingdom. maybe have crush's coaster from Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Heck why not move everything from EPCOT's "the seas" to animal kingdom?

AFRICA
As for africa, i would love to see a tarzan themed tree house ordeal similar to swiss family tree house but this is an animal viewing location. maybe a tarzan coaster would be cool. i could also see them adding a lion king dark ride. a brief pottery class might be neat too.

ASIA
they reallyyyyy should add some Jungle book to asia. maybe a musical, or a dark ride. I think "escape from king louie" would make an excellent thrill ride/ dark ride. then there could be a "legends with mushu" where mulan and mushu tell ancient chinese myths about dragons and things like that. Also i know this would take a lot of time and money but they really should expand kali river rapids. i love it but its so short. maybe add at least another drop.

DISCOVERY ISLAND
not much i would change but maybe add a few of the attractions from a bugs land from DCA to the base of/ beneath the tree of life or around those walking trails.

RAFIKIS PLANET WATCH
im not sure how it all ties in for theming or exactly what the theme for RPW is.. but they should add a ride or something to make your time there more worthwhile. What they could do is retheme it to "the rainforest" and add a zootopia chairlift ride. you know how judy and nick rode that awesome leaf-like chairlift? yeah. and then change the affection section to look like judy's home town from zootopia. maybe that could be the queue for the zootopia ride.

SOUTH AMERICA
not sure if this should be part of the rainforest area. but definitely have llamas. and somewhere have paradise falls with carl and ellies house on top. the most iconic ride i can think of would be one of the roller coasters that yzma from emperors new groove has. and then something to do with up such as one where you take a ride on a floating house?

ANTARTICA
cant think of any IPs for this which is okay cause i just listed a million before this haha. maybe just an animal walking trail would suffice. or an educational attraction about preserving the ice caps? woah picture a dark ride where you are in an all-terrain vehicle. you are going on the ice but as the ice begins to melt you have to float in the water and you pass by all these animals struggling for survival. the sea lions from finding dory could make an appearance. definitely an opportune place for a giant ice playground. imagine slides and stuff where it all seems like snow and ice and caves to play in?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom