Animal Kingdom Dining Suggestions

luna99

Original Poster
Hey folks.. in about three weeks my boyfriend and I will be taking a trip to orlando and I've let him decide which park to visit since he's never been.. (we only have time for one)... he's gone with AK....

so I'm trying to decide where we should eat lunch and/or dinner while there.

I'm not AS familiar with AK as the other parks as far as where to eat.. so lemme know if there is something there... a certain place or a certain meal that I MUST NOT PASS UP!!!!

Usually when I go to AK with my family.. we'd just eat at rainforest cafe.. and I'm thinking of going there unless there is something in AK that is just AMAZING.

thanks! :D

barnum42

As AK closes earlier than the other parks, may I suggest that after closing you head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and enjoy the all you can eat buffet at Boma?

If you choose that option, just snack at the park to leave room for all the great new tastes you will enjoy at Boma.

If eating in the parks, Flame Tree BBQ is my fave - especially when sat by the little pond at the back. Tusker House is also worth a look.

DisneyBunny

barnum42 said:
As AK closes earlier than the other parks, may I suggest that after closing you head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and enjoy the all you can eat buffet at Boma?

If you choose that option, just snack at the park to leave room for all the great new tastes you will enjoy at Boma.

If eating in the parks, Flame Tree BBQ is my fave - especially when sat by the little pond at the back. Tusker House is also worth a look.

Agreed! There really aren't any good sit-down places in the AK, and technically since the Rainforest Cafe isn't IN the AK, I guess that means there are NO sit-down places to eat. The AKL's resturants have had nothing but good reviews, while the RC has been described as fair to good at best.

That being said, the counter service places are very good, and offer very filling food that's not "fast food-y"

tigsmom

I like barnum's idea, head on over to Boma...I've never heard a bad word about it.

When we eat at the AK its Tusker House for us for the salmon and chicken dinners.

luna99

Original Poster
barnum42 said:

what a great idea!! Thanks! I never would have thought about that.... and my boyfriend and I *love* trying new foods and flavors out so that would be perfect.

do you know if I have to make reservations though?

thanks again for the suggestion.. I think we'll do just that!:D
(and I've always wanted to just stroll the grounds of AKL)

tigsmom

luna99 said:
what a great idea!! Thanks! I never would have thought about that.... and my boyfriend and I *love* trying new foods and flavors out so that would be perfect.

Its always a safe bet to make reservations. :wave:

barnum42

luna99 said:

If you love trying new foods you will be spoilt for choice at Boma. Don't forget to leave room for the Zebra Domes :slurp:

As Tigs said, it's a good idea to make reservations.

Strolling the grounds and the foyer area of AKL is a great way to either spend time before you are seated or to walk off the meal. When it's dark they have night vision goggles you can use to find the animals.

luna99

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
When it's dark they have night vision goggles you can use to find the animals.

:eek: :sohappy:

my boyfriend will love that.
I'll be sure to take pictures of us at dinner to share with everyone.
thank you again!!!! Hopefully I can get reservations. :slurp:

barnum42

luna99 said:
I just made the reservations!! OOH, I'm so excited! :lol:
And so you should be. You are in for a great meal. The only problem will be trying to resist the grub in Animal Kingdom :lol: Go to Boma hungry so you can try as many new tastes as possible. :slurp:

RickEff

Boma's is tied for my most favourite restaurant in WDW with Le Cellier.

I've eaten there a number of times - my only warning is be prepared to overeat! :eek:

No matter how many times I've gone there, I've left feeling absolutely stuffed. Even when I think I'm being good - the food there is just amazing. One thing I learned that helped last time...avoid the beer. Although it's great beer (I think it's an African Pale Ale if I remember correctly) it only adds to the bloating feeling. I ordered a ginger ale instead - and must admit I felt better that time around. Still full though. Afterward, we went for a stroll and watched the animals - night vision was very cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom