Animal Kingdom Buses

Kadee

We are currently planning a trip to WDW. One of our resort posibilites is the AK. My question is: Does AK share its buses with the All-Star resorts? I know they used to years ago. We use the bus system almost exclusively and would really hate for it to be a problem getting a bus because of crowds. If AK has their own buses, what are they like? Is it slow, crowded, infrequent? This really plays into our choice of where to stay.

col

AKL does not share buses with any other resorts.

i would say that it depends on the day of what the bus crowds are like.

i got the bus to AKL from somewhere,looked around the resort which is fab!! then got the bus to epcot and wasnt on it that long. i would also say that it depends where you are going -if you are going to MK then the bus ride would be a little bit longer than to the other parks that are closer to AKL.

Upvote 0

Kadee

Original Poster
Thank you, both!! Just what I wanted to hear. Looks like we will be staying at AK, Savannah View room over Thanksgiving!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Justa' BigKid

Kadee said:
Thank you, both!! Just what I wanted to hear. Looks like we will be staying at AK, Savannah View room over Thanksgiving!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Great time of year!! Great resort!! Great room choice!! That is just what we choose for our daughters first trip to WDW. It was magical.:king:

Upvote 0

Sweetums

col said:
if you are going to MK then the bus ride would be a little bit longer than to the other parks that are closer to AKL.

Does the bus from AKL go directly to the front of MK or do you have go through all of the TTC rigamarole?

We will be staying at AKL next month for the first time. Woo hoo!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Sweetums said:
Does the bus from AKL go directly to the front of MK or do you have go through all of the TTC rigamarole?

All the resort busses go directly to the MK entrance. Only the theme park busses take you to the TTC.

Upvote 0

col

Sweetums said:

all the resort buses go straight to the MK. the bus will set off from AKL or any disney resort and go under a bridge and past the contemporary make a left and then your in MK from there its a tiny walk to the MK gates:sohappy: !!

the deluxe resort bus stops are closer to MK entrance then followed by the moderates except CBR then further away is the value bus stops with CBR squeezed in with PC being the last bus stop - i hated that walk to the Pop Century bus stop what with walking through the park all day but i just grinned and bared it :lol:

i visited AKL on my holiday and its FAB!! you will really enjoy it -how its all decorated especially with the brown colour tones.i went to the antelope(sp?) section and walked through the hotel and came out by the flamingos, the pool and bigger savannah with the baby giraffes with the bigger giraffes -there is a CM by the fencing who tells you about the animals and lets you look through their binoculars at the animals who are hiding.

have a great time and come back and tell us all about it coz i wanna know:animwink:

Upvote 0

Kadee

Original Poster
col said:
i visited AKL on my holiday and its FAB!! you will really enjoy it -how its all decorated especially with the brown colour tones.i went to the antelope(sp?) section and walked through the hotel and came out by the flamingos, the pool and bigger savannah with the baby giraffes with the bigger giraffes -there is a CM by the fencing who tells you about the animals and lets you look through their binoculars at the animals who are hiding.

have a great time and come back and tell us all about it coz i wanna know:animwink:

That sounds absolutely wonderful! This will be our first stay at AKL and we are very excited. It was a hard decision, though. We considered several: AKL, WL, Poly, Y&B,....pretty much all of the deluxes. We finally narrowed it down to AKL & WL. The fact that we could afford to get a savannah view room really put AKL ahead. I was glad to hear that they do not share buses with the AS's. I am pretty sure it did for a while right after AKL was built. Bad buses can ruin a trip. I am so excited! Now for the LONG countdown!!!!

Upvote 0

col

Kadee said:
That sounds absolutely wonderful! This will be our first stay at AKL and we are very excited. It was a hard decision, though. We considered several: AKL, WL, Poly, Y&B,....pretty much all of the deluxes. We finally narrowed it down to AKL & WL. The fact that we could afford to get a savannah view room really put AKL ahead. I was glad to hear that they do not share buses with the AS's. I am pretty sure it did for a while right after AKL was built. Bad buses can ruin a trip. I am so excited! Now for the LONG countdown!!!!

i enjoy walking around the resorts especially the AKL which with the colours that are there is very warming and excellently done!!

ive stayed at all stars sports and loved it -buses and all- its better than PC in my opinion.

i stay at the all stars instead of a deluxe so i can stay longer at WDW but im saving up so i can stay at a value and deluxe over xmas and new year.but it will be worth it.

have a great time and tell me all about it.have fun!!!:wave: :) :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom