Animal kingdom at night?

sbkline

Original Poster
We are going in March and I planned for an evening at Animal kingdom since they are now open at night. But I was looking at the march hours recently and the park closes at 6 PM every night in March. Is the extended hours something they are only doing in the summer or are they simply doing away with it altogether?

Eddie Garrison

Most likely they will not extend the hours at Animal in the evening due to last night was the last performance of The Jungle Book show. Also, with the continued major issues River of Light keeps having, it doesn't look like that show will be ready any time soon. I do't even think it will run before the end of this year.

With Jungle Book gone & Rivers of Light way behind schedule. The only thing as far as "night time" experiences would be the Tree of Life show and Sunset Safaris.

sbkline

Original Poster
Hopefully by March, those things will be ready. But the problem is, I'm planning the trip right now and I'm making my ADRs a week from Friday. So I don't want to plan for an evening there based on hopes that it will be open at night. I guess I'll just plan an extra night at another park.

Eddie Garrison

Hopefully by March, those things will be ready. But the problem is, I'm planning the trip right now and I'm making my ADRs a week from Friday. So I don't want to plan for an evening there based on hopes that it will be open at night. I guess I'll just plan an extra night at another park.

Yeah. That's the problem without hard dates for openings of attractions, shows, etc.

From what I have heard from Imagineers working on Rivers of Light ... They have had major, MAJOR issues with the guidance system of the floats in phase 3 and 4 of the show. Apparently, the GPS satellite they are using is not communicating properly with their guidance systems.

If they cannot get this; and others issues fixed soon. It will be much later than sooner when this will (or if) it will actual debut at Animal Kingdom.

raven

From what I have heard from Imagineers working on Rivers of Light ... They have had major, MAJOR issues with the guidance system of the floats in phase 3 and 4 of the show. Apparently, the GPS satellite they are using is not communicating properly with their guidance systems

Correct. I have also been told by Creative Entertainment this is the cause of the delay. Nothing we can do but wait but hopefully it will be a good show.

MissMaryEli

We are going next month and aren't sure if they will be open later. So we made dinner reservations at Boma at AKL. That way, if the park is still open it will be a short bus ride to get back. Sanaa was our second choice for dinner. Good luck.

raven

We are going next month and aren't sure if they will be open later. So we made dinner reservations at Boma at AKL. That way, if the park is still open it will be a short bus ride to get back. Sanaa was our second choice for dinner. Good luck.
I've read that the nighttime hours have been cut for now at least. I wouldn't plan on being there late. You can always check to see the latest times they offer FP's if you are unsure. That's a good indication.

danyoung56

But the problem is, I'm planning the trip right now and I'm making my ADRs a week from Friday.

I had the same problem when planning my next visit at the end of September. I went ahead and booked a good time at the California Grill, but kept my eye on the hours at DAK. When they extended them a bit I changed to Tiffins. I know I'm not going to get to see the Jungle Book show (wasn't really wild about it anyway) - I'll just have a nice dinner, see the projection show on the Tree, and enjoy DAK at night. Not a bad plan, in my book!

JohnD

If it means anything, in the fall, while not scheduled until 11pm, park closure is still after dark cycling down from 9pm to 6pm depending on the date as it gets later.

I just discovered that closure through 10/31 is now 8:30pm. (Previously, it was 7pm). November 1 and later is currently advertised as 6pm.

The point being, keep checking back. Hours will probably be extended as your trip gets closer, especially in the Spring as it won't get dark until 8;00 or later anyway in Daylight Savings Time.

JohnD

I've read that the nighttime hours have been cut for now at least. I wouldn't plan on being there late. You can always check to see the latest times they offer FP's if you are unsure. That's a good indication.

Now open until 8:30 pm in October.

Minnie Mum

We are going in March and I planned for an evening at Animal kingdom since they are now open at night. But I was looking at the march hours recently and the park closes at 6 PM every night in March. Is the extended hours something they are only doing in the summer or are they simply doing away with it altogether?
Apparently some of the PPs were responding with outdated information. Hours for AK aren't being updated until about a month out. Don't ask why. Nobody's given a good reason. Fall hours (Sept are shorter than summer, Oct are shorter than Sept) is likely because it gets dark earlier. But they ARE being extended, albeit too late. I don't expect them to extend Nov hours till the beginning of Oct.

And yes, it makes planning a royal pain in the patootie. I had to make both ADRs and AK FPs for our Nov trip in the dark as far as park hours were concerned. Bad job, Disney. Really bad job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom