Animal Kingdom advice

Cheffun

We're leaving for Disney on Saturday and will visit the parks Monday through Thursday. We're a family of 5, two teens and and an 8 year old. Although we've been to Disney, Animal Kingdom wasn't built so that will be new to us. Here's my question: What's a good touring plan that doesn't involve getting there at the crack of dawn? I had hoped to talk the gang into getting up really early to go to breakfast at AK (Restarauntsaurs?? or at the Lodge?) but my husband and oldest teen didn't like that idea. I've read most of the unoffical guide and their suggestion is to go at the very earliest or to go at 3:00 when most people leave. Option 2 seems to fit, so, I thought this means we wouldn't have to deal with crowds but will the animals be napping (and hiding) then? Or maybe that will be when it rains, really clears out the crowd and then the animals get frisky? Any suggestions welcome.

Maria

The earliest, the better

I would go early for breakfast there - I haven´t been to the Lodge but I guess it´s good - , and then leave early too for another park.

I am not sure about the closing time, I haven´t checked the schedule lately, but I don´t think you will have time to see it all in 3 hours. You have to make sure you see Lion King Festival, It´s tough to be a bug, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safari, etc. and the crowds will be big, so you may not have time to walk to all of them and wait in line or get fast passes. To top it all, it is very hot there! I would go early, leave early and go to a waterpark for a while.

The safari is good to see early in the morning or late in the evening. I personally love AK and the theming is extremely good in all the areas, so you will not want to be rushing without taking time to look around.

Have a great vacation!

:)

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Go as early as possible for the breakfast then head straight for Kilimanjaro Safaris. To be on the safe side before heading to KS get a FASTPASS for DINOSAUR. After KS head to DINOSAUR and then to Kali River Rapids. Everything else can be toured within a couple of hours because they are shows or are self-touring. Conservation Station isn't much worth your time.

Upvote 0
When your at WDW, sleep is for the weak. You must get up at the crack of dawn and you don't go to sleep before midnight. There will be plenty of time for sleep when you get back home. I usually catch up on my sleep when I go back to work. Tell your family to get out of bed and go to the breakfast at AK. You can get early entry into the park that way, but you must make reservations.:D

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Get there Early!

Since it is a Saturday, the park is going to be jammed and I mean JAMMED. I went once on a Saturday and I will never go there on a Saturday again.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Hate to break it to you, but AK now closes at 5pm, which means be there when it opens or plan on missing a lot of stuff. And don't even bother going at 3. Fast passes for the major attractions won't be available and the shows will be over for the day. Sorry. :(

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by mightyduck
Hate to break it to you, but AK now closes at 5pm, which means be there when it opens or plan on missing a lot of stuff. And don't even bother going at 3. Fast passes for the major attractions won't be available and the shows will be over for the day. Sorry. :(

well why we were there towards the end of the day. the park was dead and didnt realy need fastpass. :)

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Animal Kingodm takes less then a day to do now. It make take a bit longer when Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade and Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama come but till then, it shouldn't take you long.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

well why we were there towards the end of the day. the park was dead and didnt realy need fastpass. :)

With the hour earlier closing time and the show schedules, you probably didn't need a FP for TTBAB but you weren't touching Dinosaur without it...they ran out of FP before 3, and the CMs said that would be usual now with people thinking they had so much less time... I thought it was more crowded this time than when I went on a Saturday morning in July....

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by mightyduck

With the hour earlier closing time and the show schedules, you probably didn't need a FP for TTBAB but you weren't touching Dinosaur without it...they ran out of FP before 3, and the CMs said that would be usual now with people thinking they had so much less time... I thought it was more crowded this time than when I went on a Saturday morning in July....

dinosaur was the longest wait in the afternoon. about 30 minutes. saffari was a walkon and so was tough to be a bug. now leave me alone :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom