News Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary

JohnD

Original Poster
The Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary is April 22, 2023. Wow! They're celebrating by selling merchandise and cupcakes!

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I’m hoping that, for their anniversary, new projects are announced at Destination D23, but not the Moana/Zootopia project (although I think the Moana thing should be a replacement for Din-O-Rama). Instead, even if it feels too ambitious, I think the announcement should be for an eastern and western expansion of the park that would feature new lands like South America, Australia, Mythical Ancient Greece, North America, Mythical Ancient Europe, and a "Way of Water" expansion for Pandora. New attractions would include a Hercules-themed ride with the mythical creatures of Greece, an Australia jeep ride with living animals, an Encanto dark ride centering on Antonio's animals, and a Yzma's Lab experience.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I’m hoping that, for their anniversary, new projects are announced at Destination D23, but not the Moana/Zootopia project (although I think the Moana thing should be a replacement for Din-O-Rama). Instead, even if it feels too ambitious, I think the announcement should be for an eastern and western expansion of the park that would feature new lands like South America, Australia, Mythical Ancient Greece, North America, Mythical Ancient Europe, and a "Way of Water" expansion for Pandora. New attractions would include a Hercules-themed ride with the mythical creatures of Greece, an Outback jeep ride with living animals, an Encanto dark ride centering on Antonio's animals, and a Yzma's Lab experience.
I wouldn't hold your breath for any major project announcements unless things change at WDI.

JohnD

Original Poster
I learned my lesson about showing up on the anniversary date on October 1, 2021. Lines for merch and anniversary food items were offered. Exactly what they're offering for AK. Besides, I'm blocked out as 4/22 is a Saturday and I check out the same day.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn't hold your breath for any major project announcements unless things change at WDI.
Hoping that Bruce Vaughn will make projects like the ones I mentioned above come true, if that’s his agenda. Don’t forget that Josh D'Amaro also has to have a say in park projects.

drew81

I’m hearing they’re planning additional enhancements.

Here’s the presser:

Every moment in Disney Animal Kingdom is full of magic and discovery. Whether it’s riding through an animal filled safari, soaring on the back of a banshee, being poked by a bug or almost dying during the Cretaceous period, your journey through the wild never ends!

As we celebrate 25 years of adventure and memories of Animal Kingdom, we have even more exciting news to share!
To start the day off right, we’ll begin with a magical 4 minute rededication ceremony. Need a snack before you hit your favorite attraction? Be sure to check out the Guano Joe’s ”Eat Out Of My Hand” cupcake or Guitar Dan’s “Camp Never Really Dies” cookie.

Everyone’s favorite demigod will be joining the fun this year. Maui, Moana’s sidekick will be joining the Flights of Wonder bird show on Earth Day ‘23 and then meet guests afterwards.

During the show prepare to be amazed with wonder. Maui will use his magical powers and shape shift into a hawk and then reappear in his original form-magically before your eyes. Be sure to book your show reservation by using Genie Plus.

Animal Kingdom’s 25th Anniversary-you’d be a bird brain to miss it!

christine7257

I was lucky enough to get to attend a Tiffins Talks lunch with Joe Rohde several years back on the anniversary. It is in the top five of my Disney experiences overall. He was just as amazing as you'd hope he'd be x1000. I really hope that they have some fun activities planned for this year. Perhaps something celebrating the various animals and/or caretakers featured on the Disney + series? Basically I hope there's more than a cupcake and t-shirt.

ToTBellHop

I was lucky enough to get to attend a Tiffins Talks lunch with Joe Rohde several years back on the anniversary. It is in the top five of my Disney experiences overall. He was just as amazing as you'd hope he'd be x1000. I really hope that they have some fun activities planned for this year. Perhaps something celebrating the various animals and/or caretakers featured on the Disney + series? Basically I hope there's more than a cupcake and t-shirt.
There will also be a bucket hat. It’s very special.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Cupcakes and merchandise??

Fake Surprised Season 8 GIF by Friends

Do better, Disney. This cheap, lazy look doesn’t suit you, and hasn’t for 15 years.

Cmdr_Crimson

So, when are they just going to add a concert stage to the old rivers of light theater?
8266aed3-3341-4e62-81be-7df5bc2f7933_text.gif

I'm just surprised they haven't gone with that direction..It Worked for American Gardens at Epcot...

ToTBellHop

A family of four isn't paying $600/day to look at the animals. Large metropolitan zoos are $25/day per person. It's not my fault they never built Beastly Kingdom (or turned Dinosaur into Temple of the Forbidden Eye).
What large, metropolitan zoos do you visit? Bronx Zoo still has many primitive exhibits with visible cages/fences and wants $40 once everything is open in April and the San Diego Zoo is about $70…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom