And there go the resident AP's......

JaxFLBear

It's not the first time DL has suspended selling that particular pass.

Honestly, I don't see that happening at WDW as the demographics between the two parks are totally different. On a typical day at DL, passholders can account for nearly 75% of guests in the park. At WDW, it's around 25% passholders.

dreamfinder

They have done this before. Maybe not a full on halt to the resident APs, but I'm pretty sure they have reduced the zip codes that were eligible to buy them.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, I guess Disney doesn't need those locals as much as the locals thought Disney needed them. Clearly, the Disney P&R division has forgotten the meaning of "hubris."

I wonder when it will happen in Florida?

disneygeek90

WDW doesn't have nearly the amount of locals flocking to the park on an every day basis like DL. I live in Orlando. Most residents haven't been to the parks in years.

It's quite apparent that when you're in DL you're around a majority of locals. Not the case in WDW. I don't expect it to change. Besides, WDW doesn't even have a "resident" pass. It's a statewide pass.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Unlikely it ever will. Demographics between DL & WDW are very different as I noted in Post #2 above.
It wouldn't take much to restrict purchases to certain zip codes... and to exclude those zips within 50 miles of the parks. I'm not holding my breath either way, but such a move sometime shortly before SWL opens wouldn't surprise me in the least.

JaxFLBear

It wouldn't take much to restrict purchases to certain zip codes... and to exclude those zips within 50 miles of the parks. I'm not holding my breath either way, but such a move sometime shortly before SWL opens wouldn't surprise me in the least.
But for WDW, it's unnecessary to restrict access to passes due to demographics.

Metro LA: over 15 million people
Metro Orlando: 2.4 million people (Florida population is only 20 million)

WDW just doesn't have the same issue with the number of passholders vs regular ticket holders in the parks on a daily basis as DL does.

Movielover

Well, I guess Disney doesn't need those locals as much as the locals thought Disney needed them. Clearly, the Disney P&R division has forgotten the meaning of "hubris."

Or, you know, it could be because Disneyland has been constantly filling to capacity and this is one of the many ways they are trying to contain crowds...

But no, I'm sure its just the "big mean evil corperation" that hates people.

:rolleyes:

ABQ

Might want to edit this thread title. Having heard the news before reading the thread, I sort of knew what to expect. But the thread title is misleading as there is no evidence anywhere about any changes at all to WDW AP's and this forum section is typically limited to WDW related info not Disneyland specific news and rumours.

disnyfan89

Personally I'm surprised Disneyland hasn't done away with their monthly payment plans. The introduction of monthly payments is what really started to drive AP numbers through the roof. Its seems to me if Disneyland wants to cut the number of locals buying up passes that removing the payment plan would be the way to go.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Or, you know, it could be because Disneyland has been constantly filling to capacity and this is one of the many ways they are trying to contain crowds...

But no, I'm sure its just the "big mean evil corperation" that hates people.

:rolleyes:
evil.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom