And the hits keep coming for Carnival

ChuckElias

Original Poster

21stamps

ChuckElias

Original Poster
That is really gross. You would think that there would be a fail safe and not just 1 valve goes and so all of that gets dumped.
To be fair, it was gray water (sink and shower water), not sewage. So the environmental impact isn't all that gross. But I agree that it should be harder for this to happen by accident.

jaklgreen

To be fair, it was gray water (sink and shower water), not sewage. So the environmental impact isn't all that gross. But I agree that it should be harder for this to happen by accident.

I know what it is, and it is still gross. Having water from dirty laundry and showers in those amounts can still cause harm.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I know what it is, and it is still gross. Having water from dirty laundry and showers in those amounts can still cause harm.
I am by no means an environmental expert. I'm only repeating what was said in the article.

“Due to the nature of the incident, and that there is no expected environmental impact or corrective actions that are necessary, the Department will not be pursuing formal enforcement,” Gardner said via email.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
This one is actually scary! Thankfully, it was contained and no injuries were reported.

And to be completely fair, this happened to the Disney Magic in 2002. All passengers were ordered to lifeboat stations on that occasion, which is a really scary thing to hear, I'm sure.

NelleBelle

SMH—I don’t know why I’m continually shocked every time I read/see one of these stories that inevitably involves carnival.

Maelstrom Troll

The cruise law page has so many bad stories about Carnival polluting, covering up employee felonies, and just plain ignoring guests with real issues. I’ll never sail Carnival or with any of their subsidiaries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom