Trip Report "And The Award For The Most Dramatic Goes To....."

Hi Friends!! Here I go again....with the sincere intent of not taking anywhere near as long as I did with the last one. To help with that I was going through my pics & seeing what I could eliminate & what really wouldn't be important to this. The sad thing is I took really good notes for this trip but in the interest of this TR not taking me 6 months to finish I may cut back a little on photos or commentary. Alright, enough said. Let me get moving with this!!

WHO:
Yes, it's going to be one of my more confusing TR's b/c there were 9 of us!! Sorry, I know I did that to you a few years back too!! The good news is you have met all of us except 1 before so hopefully it will be a bit easier this time around!!

There's my sister C & her husband, D. Their daughters are A(birthday button) & E(to my left). I assume you all remember R? And of course, you know E & J!! One of our nephews, JC(in the red) wanted to join us on the trip. We had the room so his mom(my sister) told him she would buy his airfare for his birthday but he was on his own for park tickets and spending money. He agreed & was added on to the trip!!
IMG_1072.JPG

Here's a more typical family picture that you're used to seeing from us🤣🤣🤣
IMG_1406.JPEG

WHERE:
Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_0960.JPEG

WHEN:
Tuesday, July 13th-Tuesday, July 20th for E, J, R, JC & myself
D, C, E, & A got there a week before us & stayed off property at their timeshare. They met us on the 13th & returned home on the 20th with us.

REASON FOR THE TITLE:
You'll see......

I dropped everyone off & parked the car. We met up at Penn Brewery for lunch.
IMG_0928.JPEG

R had gone to Hudson News for something & was irritated that they had to give him his change back in all nickels. They blamed it on the coin shortage.
IMG_0929.JPEG

I got grilled cheese with sauerkraut as my side. JC got grilled cheese but he added bacon to it. He said it was excellent!!
IMG_0930.JPEG

J got pretzel sticks & E got a salad. Not sure what R got & I didn't take a picture.
IMG_0932.JPEG

We all(the adults, that is) had some beers!!
IMG_0933.JPEG

JC(since his flight was booked later than ours) was on his own reservation. He lucked out by getting an A boarding group!!
IMG_0934.JPEG

R went with E & J for family boarding.
IMG_0935.JPEG

While I had to wait for B42.

MickeyCB

Wait a minute wait just a minute!
Remind me again how many acres of wilderness your house is on???
A few.... and I did have a snake slither towards me on my porch one day as I was seated in my favorite chair. I have a bad hip but that didn't stop me from jumping straight up in the air like one of those cartoon cats that jump to the ceiling tile and have to be peeled off!

riverside

Original Poster
Hawaiian shirt guy looks fun. I bet he would have helped out if called upon.
Something tells me you're probably right!!
Yay! Another @riverside TR! Glad I’m in fairly early! Looking forward to all the antics!
Glad you're here!!
OMGosh, the look on your face on Buzz was hilarious.
Donald Duck Lol GIF
I also noticed just how much J. looks like his Mom on Buzz. It looks like you are having a ball, besides the teenage pouts, LOL>
That pic is pretty funny!! I do see a resemblance between them!! It was fun--as for the bickering I chalk that up to typical behavior at that age!!
I am in!!!!😃
Welcome!!
Nope Nope Nope.
Do you not remember @Darstarr's snake picture, and mine of the super scary night golf cart ride.
No way Jose!!!
I like walking it when it's light out!!
Your meal at Raglan Road looked delicious! What a fun start to your day Patti! I guess the early morning exercisers just love the great outdoors when stretching in front of strangers🤣. You are such a wonderful aunt taking one for the team on SM! We still ride it every trip but the jostling gets to me sometimes! Glad you got to ride the Peoplemover!
It was a great meal!!
That's just it--I'm only making fun of that fact that she was doing it in the wide open like that. And I feel she shouldn't be in the grass area either.
Yeah-after each time I ride SM I ask myself why again did I do that?
Seeing the Canada Dry.. damn that’s soo good! Will be picking these up too this week when doing groceries! Thank you for sharing as always!!
Canada Dry is R's favorite mixer!! Thanks for reading!!
Okay...maybe I didn't get electrocuted, but they did have us move buildings at work last week. I am always ready for your TR's!!
Glad you're here!! And I'm glad you weren't electrocuted!!
Did you say hi to @Tuvalu ??

She was probably just off to the right taking pictures of the relaxing view of the river.
Are you saying she would have been doing the same thing I was? If so, I take that as a compliment!!
1638204095459.png

Patti's Passport Photo
My passport photo may actually be worse!! Actually, I think it is!!
Fun trip report so far. It's getting me excited for my own trip report I'll make after my April trip.
Thank you so much!! They're fun to do. I love writing them--when I have the time!!

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

We hit up a family favorite next!!
IMG_1097.JPEG

IMG_1098.JPEG

IMG_1099.JPEG

E's not really sleeping but R is. She just pretended like she was for the picture!
IMG_1101.JPEG

We came out to an absolute monsoon!!
IMG_1102.JPEG

Seriously, it was a total downpour!!
IMG_1103.JPEG

IMG_1104.JPEG

We waited for about 15 minutes but we had a lunch reservation to get to so we knew we would have to brave the elements.
IMG_1105.JPEG

IMG_1107.JPEG

Fortunately, it started to slow down a few minutes later & we were on our way!!
IMG_1108.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

We arrived a few minutes early for our lunch reservation.
IMG_1110.JPEG

Some of us wandered through the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. I believe this is the ornament that @MickeyCB asked me to see if they had.
IMG_1111.JPEG

It started to rain slightly when we got outside.
IMG_1112.JPEG

We waited a few more minutes for our table.
IMG_1113.JPEG

At this point it was warmer in Pittsburgh than it was in Orlando!!
IMG_1114.PNG

IMG_1115.PNG

J helped to set the table!!
IMG_1123.JPEG

The drink menu...
IMG_1124.JPEG

IMG_1125.JPEG

I sent this pic to @Darstarr since this beer is from her neck of the woods. R got it but I tried it and it was really good!!
IMG_1130.JPEG

Songbird76

Sorry in advance to hijack the thread - been thinking of you since last night @Songbird76 when I read about the new shutdown in the Netherlands. I hope you had all your shopping done for Christmas and can just « enjoy » the slower pace.
Thank you so much for thinking of me! My in-laws have had covid for the last few weeks, so we couldn't get together anyway, which was not fun since half our birthdays are in December. But I had already gotten almost all the shopping done, and I took my daughter on Saturday as a stress reliever because she needed a mental health day. We had been planning it already, but it was announced that there was an emergency meeting of the cabinet Saturday morning, so everyone and their dogs went shopping. We couldn't even find a parking spot and had to turn around and go home and get our bikes instead. But we managed to get everything we needed, and we were lucky that the stores we needed to go to were not the ones where people flocked, so we mostly avoided the crowds, too. It was basically like everyone flocking to the e-ticket rides at Disney, while we were going to Carousel of Progress and the People mover. I wish they would have locked down back in October before it got so bad. It's bad timing, but it needed to be done, so we'll go with it and we'll just get together later when everyone is feeling up to it and things are open again. Hope you are all safe!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thank you so much for thinking of me! My in-laws have had covid for the last few weeks, so we couldn't get together anyway, which was not fun since half our birthdays are in December. But I had already gotten almost all the shopping done, and I took my daughter on Saturday as a stress reliever because she needed a mental health day. We had been planning it already, but it was announced that there was an emergency meeting of the cabinet Saturday morning, so everyone and their dogs went shopping. We couldn't even find a parking spot and had to turn around and go home and get our bikes instead. But we managed to get everything we needed, and we were lucky that the stores we needed to go to were not the ones where people flocked, so we mostly avoided the crowds, too. It was basically like everyone flocking to the e-ticket rides at Disney, while we were going to Carousel of Progress and the People mover. I wish they would have locked down back in October before it got so bad. It's bad timing, but it needed to be done, so we'll go with it and we'll just get together later when everyone is feeling up to it and things are open again. Hope you are all safe!

Glad you were able to get everything done under the wire. Here they have decided basically to « punish » the unvaccinated. As of today, no going into certain places without proof of vaccination (restaurants, museums and such, gyms, sporting events, etc.). Unvaccinated can go to outdoor Christmas markets, but only if they can show a negative test. And of course in addition we have a generalized mask mandate.

Songbird76

Glad you were able to get everything done under the wire. Here they have decided basically to « punish » the unvaccinated. As of today, no going into certain places without proof of vaccination (restaurants, museums and such, gyms, sporting events, etc.). Unvaccinated can go to outdoor Christmas markets, but only if they can show a negative test. And of course in addition we have a generalized mask mandate.
Oh we've had that proof of vaccination thing for a couple of months now. We have an app that generates a QR code when you are vaccinated, get tested, or recover from Covid. And we also have mask mandates everywhere inside. It wasn't enough, so now the only things open are grocery and drug stores and essential services like doctors.

riverside

Original Poster
Glad the rain slowed down a bit for you to make it over to one of our favorite lunch spots at MK! The COP is a perfect place to catch a few Z's if you're exhausted. ;)
I would have ran through a thunderstorm to get there. That is my favorite place at MK to eat!!
I don't think I've ever fell asleep in there!!
Yes it was, and not a stinkin one left at the end of October! :mad:
I thought it was bigger and didn't want you to have to lug it on the plane.
Next time I'm just getting it!!
Sorry, I took a break to read a big huge book. What'd I miss??
🤣 🤣 🤣
Sorry--I am just too darn busy!! I always think I'm going to be able to catch up on my off days but I always have something going on & can't find time to do this!!

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

This pic should have been in the last post. Somehow I skipped over it!!
IMG_8645.JPEG

The food was great as always!!
IMG_1131.JPEG

J was excited for the mac & cheese!!
IMG_1132.JPEG

I'm really not a pork fan. I'll eat it but it's usually my last choice. This was really good though!!
IMG_1133.JPEG

E & I split a bottle of wine.
IMG_1134.JPEG

IMG_1135.JPEG

How much do you think was left at the end??......
IMG_1136.JPEG

Everyone enjoyed it!! I even had a small piece even though I'm not a big fan of it:cautious: Again, sorry @Tuvalu
IMG_1139.JPEG

The rain had started picking up again so we decided to have another drink to try to pass the time.
IMG_1143.JPEG

IMG_1144.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

While we were at at lunch I was checking the, in this case, lack of wait times.
IMG_1140.PNG

IMG_1141.PNG

We decided to head on out of the park. It was still raining & indoor attractions had very long wait times.
IMG_1148.JPEG

Out we go!!
IMG_1149.JPEG

Along with quite a few others!!
IMG_1150.JPEG

IMG_1151.JPEG

How fitting!! Pooh & friends were coming out on this Blustery Day!!
IMG_1152.JPEG

I saw this & had to take a pic. So cute!!
IMG_1154.JPEG

IMG_1155.JPEG

Everyone was heading back to Saratoga except me. I had to consult the directory so I knew where to go.
IMG_1156.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom