And I tought September was THE month to visit (also trip report)

WDW-Crazy

Was it your first time there? We've heard so many great things about the place. Surprisingly, I thought your experience there would've been good after reading your post about how WDW wasn't so crowded for you. I won't go on any more about it though.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Was it your first time there? We've heard so many great things about the place. Surprisingly, I thought your experience there would've been good after reading your post about how WDW wasn't so crowded for you. I won't go on any more about it though.

I stayed there in 06 but it was a short 5 day trip. Didnt pay much attention. It was just very crowded there...It is too big.

Spike-in-Berlin

We stayed at the Pop for six nights (from August 26th to 31st) while the parks were already emptying and before we moved on into the Polynesian just as we had planned (btw. the moving between two disney resorts was perfect, Disney did nearly everything, got the luggage, moved the luggage to the Poly and brought us together with our luggage to the new rooms with a golf cart). We loved the Pop. I don't have problems with the size, we had quiet rooms near Hourglass Lake and the walk to Classic Hall (the main building) with the food court was less than 4 minutes. If you want to spare money the Pop is definitely a bargain. Wait for my trip report where I will write about the Pop in more detail, especially to reduce the fear several wdw-members seem to have about the values in general.

ThinkTink721

We have visited in Sept twice & it is still hot at that time of the year.
We are looking forward to the temps being a little cooler in Nov for our trip this year! :wave:

WDW-Crazy

I know it can get hot in Sept. I remember it was scorching out three years ago on our Sept 2007 trip. That's okay though because there are plenty of air-conditioning venues and I have Splash Mountain to ride!

Can't wait for your TR. I hope you'll get your Pop coverage up before Friday since that's when we're leaving.

KnK

Just got back last night from 10 days at the World. We though crowds were very low. We've gone this same time for the past 10 years or so.

That being said, the only ride that continual had long waits was Toy Story Mania. We managed to get there twice at opening at got fast passes for between 10 am and 11 am both times and rode the ride first thing with only a wait of about 20 minutes the first time and 25 the second day. The key is early morning on this one before they start letting the FP people into the line.

Three different days on Soarin with only 20 minutes or less wait.

We watch Wishes that Sunday night from Main Street and it was not crowded. We got out of the park in less than 10 minutes to get to our dinner at CG. They did have EMH that night, that might have been part of the issue. It was weird. The park official closed at 9 pm but Wishes went off at 8 pm. Never had that happen during September before.

As for the heat, we actually thought this year was cooler than some of our previous trips. We came home to 95 plus weather, we would have welcomed the Florida weather returning home with us.

Fizbain32

we visited Sept 2-12 and found lines and crowds to be much more like we were used to before the dang free meal plans. Now the sit down restaurants were still booked full because of the free meals, but crowds and lives were very acceptable.

I have many pictures of wait times at 5 min. I even have a pic of Soarin' at 5 min. I took so many pictures of wait times because before I left a friend said he would not go back because the lines are too long. I told him he went at the wrong time of year and he replied it does not matter. Disney is always packed. So every time we saw a short wait we took a pic and sent it to him :)

The only real trouble one was TSM. 110 min most of the time. We had to make a point of hitting DHS during Morning Extra Magic hours. 10 min to 9AM and it said 45 min wait ( was only 30) and the fast pass was not good until 1:20PM And there is always Peter Pan, the best I saw there was 25 min.

Javier Boughton

Original Poster
toy story mania stated a 60 minute wait...but in reality it was no more than 30 minutes once inside..

tomorrow is Animal kingdom day, lets see how it goes.

this past two days was for universal..and yes, harry potter is amazing..

L.T. Smash

I just got back from a week long stay today. The weather was amazing. I used an App on my iPhone that really helped me to see what days were expected to be busy in which parks. It seems that the busiest days always have Extra Magic hours. Especially in the evenings. Unfortunately some planned visits just happen to fall on the busy days. Most parks had waits no longer than 10 mins, but the busy parks were really packed. In fact, on Weds we overheard a cast member at Animal Kingdom saying that it was the busiest day they had seen in 3 years, and that they had to close the gates because they were at capacity.

RaySharpton

My first time in September in a very long time at WDW. I find it so hard to figure when it will be slow in the parks.

I usually go every December in the first two weeks. I applied for a standard studio at BWV at 11 months out on the very first morning and there was no availability for me this upcoming December.

I'm staying at Pop Century this December.

And last year in December, it seemed so very busy in the resorts and parks and restaurants. It seems to get busier every year.

I think that maybe the free dining deals might have something to do with it.

I was there Sunday, September 12, 2010 for five night and I stayed at SSR at Congress Park section.

The bus was almost empty every day and night at Congress Park.

The parks seemed like it was easy to walk on rides.

And the first night of MNSSHP seemed very light compared to MVMCP in the first two weeks of December.

I guess that I was just lucky at the times that I went.

The SSR ferry captain said that POR and POFQ resorts was almost full during the time that I was there with very long lines to ride the boat to DTD and back.

Fizbain32

The SSR ferry captain said that POR and POFQ resorts was almost full during the time that I was there with very long lines to ride the boat to DTD and back.

We say that also. The bus stops at the Magic Kingdom were stretched over two queues. And at park closing it seemed the line in the bus Queue to POR and POFQ never reduced in size while most of the time the other bus stops were rather reasonable.

CoffeeJedi

Left Tuesday evening, back to reality.

It seemed a bit random as to when and where the long lines appeared. On Tuesday morning, I wanted to get a final ride on Splash Mountain, the line was up around 30 mins, so I got a fast past (with a return time of only 1 hour later), when I came back, the line had dropped to 5 minutes. Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Mansion and Pirates were all walk-ons. But Peter Pan STILL had an almost hour wait. Can anyone explain to me why? It's got the same load/unload as Snow White, right? Why does its queue get so horribly backed up? It can't possibly be THAT popular compared to any of the E-tickets.

The night before at Studios for EMH, everything was nearly a walk-on, but Toy Story Mania had a 50 minute wait (when there was only 20 minutes left til park close too!). Just... random.

Beuford

We just got back last night and the crowds seemed unpredictable. Some rides had 5min and then they would go to 20min. The longest wait was Toy story at 40min then it moved to 60min. It wasn't packed but more then in years passed. I can remember a few years ago the parks seemed empty, but not this year.

I will say that we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the hotel was busy. Even up at the kilimijaro club, it was full of people each time we went up. All and all, great time, much better than going in May.

ddrongowski

Why does its queue get so horribly backed up?

Because the fastpass system at it always screws up and issues way to many tickets.

Word to the wise, NEVER EVER GO TO A PARK THAT HAS EMH!!!! Go to one of the other parks and then park hop over to the EHM evening park later in the day during the EMH.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
currently on my 3rd day in Orlando and the parks i've visited are more packed than on my previous visits..

• magic kingdom
    • had lines of 20-30 minutes..i know, its not that much, but 2-3 years ago they were 10-15 or less..
    • was anyone on Sunday 19? at the end of wishes we were trying to get out of the park and we just couldn't. for 10-15 minutes the crowd was stuck at the bridge that connected to main street. there was nothing on main street as you could see people walking by from the shops or Casey's corner. suddenly, everything started to flow, very weird.

• Epcot (sept 20) had a LOT of people.
    • and the sun was really burning you up, we had to leave because of our children (boy 6, girl 4, girl 2). I heard some say that you couldn't find a shade anywhere, and it was true, Epcot is really spread out and you could really feel it with the sun.
    • Spaceship earth was down in the morning and so was Test track.

• Disney Hollywood Studios was packed...
    • Toy Story Mania was out of fast passes by 10.30 am..incredible. but then we went to ride it at 4 PM and saw less than 10 people using the fast pass line. maybe is like the Wii when it first came out..keep the supplies low at the stores and the demand hi.
    • Indy is still as great
    • in Rocknroller coaster we were about the be launched, but nothing happened, then a cast member approached the people on the front row and asked them to store their video camera
tomorrow is islands, then universal, then animal kingdom and then we are gonna repeat all Disney parks..

and as you can see, no acronyms
It is a weekend on the bolded. I would think this is expected with AP holders (locals)

Javier Boughton

Original Poster
animal kingdom yesterday was not that bad

• its tough to be a bug had no wait
  • Kilimanjaro safaris had no wait
  • kali river rapids were down
  • expedition everest stated 25 minutes but we were no more than 10
  • first time at nemo and it was great
  • triceratop spin broke down when we were about the ride and had to leae the queue..thank God about that, there was a fleet of love-bugs attacking
overall, not that bad...just those damn love-bugs..

WDWmazprty

I'm here now, we actually leave today and the crowds have been heavier but not ridiculous. Thursday we were at DHS and that was the worst day as far as crowds. We got FP for TSMM at 9:30 and they were for 3:15. At 3:15 we returned and stand-by was 120 minutes.

It seemed like a lot of the wait times were off though. ToT would say 60 min wait and we'd only wait 35-40 min. RnR had 65 min wait posted and we'd wait 40 min also. That was happening at all the parks. But all in all the crowds weren't bad. I'll have a full TR when I return.

Figments Friend

I also just returned home a few days ago, and i felt there was a spike in attendence. There seemed to be a very high concentration of South American and European travelers this trip...with crowd levels seemingly higher then i have been used to over the years compared to my other yearly visits in September. This time it seemed busier.

I am assumming it has to do with all the discounts and free dining offers....or perhaps TDC is offering even more to folks in other countries...buy wow..i noticed a difference.

What was interesting is the Parks seemed to be much more crowded then i had experienced previous trips. Attractions i have never had to wait for, or never even saw lines for suddenly had waits or lines. It was strange...but even stranger is most of said people were not using FastPass.

The dates i was there were Sept 15th thru the 22nd. Of course the weekends were busier due to the locals coming into the fray...but i really felt their was more people around me this trip then their normally are for this time of year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom