Trip Report And At Last I See the (rivers of) Light: A Much Too Short Trip Report *COMPLETED*

Hello Humans!

For those just joining, my name is Nicole. (Sorry if you were expecting Buddy Boil!) :p

484A72B6-D9BC-49F0-9EF1-6AA0CA625301_zpsaegdhx9d.jpg

I am just a wee bit toooooo obsessed with Disney World and all things Disney, but is there ever really too much of a good thing? I’m just one of “those people”. The kind that doesn’t understand the need to travel anywhere else on this planet besides Disney, the kind that has more Disney clothes than work attire, the kind that stalks cast members instagram profiles… but we’ll gloss over those more intimate details. :p

I just returned from an extremely short trip to the World. And although short, I still feel the pain. It’s like when someone loses a limb, such as an arm or a leg, and they say they can still feel it. That is exactly how I feel about the removal of my Mickey ears. I have phantom limb pain from taking off my Mickey ear headbands. The ears are off, and the pain real. You mean to tell me I can't wear my rose gold ears to go grocery shopping? What kind of world do we live in?

After throwing a temper tantrum on the ground to my fiancé, complaining he doesn’t love me because he’s dragging me to Hawaii for our honeymoon, I decided the more mature, adult way to deal with post Disney depression is to share my story with you fine people. So let’s begin.

Who: Myself and my Bestie (we went in 2013 and 2014 previously)

49378180014_zpsf7106299.jpg

Where: All Star Music (We nicknamed this trip the budget trip. No park hoppers, no dining reservations, no dining plan, carryon luggage only so we wouldn’t come home with a bazillion souvenirs. A budget in Disney… that didn’t work so well. You mean that green Mickey lighting up was racking up my credit card? WHO KNEW?! :)

2EB930B7-5A5F-4834-99B3-3ACE88D6CEC7_zps27ik5xg3.jpg

When: Friday, January 19th to Tuesday January 23rd

Why: Why not? The best way to escape wedding planning is Disney planning! :p

Jan 19th
Our flight wasn’t until 7 PM out of Newark, New Jersey. I currently live right outside of Philadelphia with Joe, go Eagles :p but it was easier for me to get to Newark than my friend to get to Philly. And me flying alone is never a good idea. I once found myself in an airport closest. Yeah, no idea. I decided to work a half day instead of using a vacation day, because I’m trying to bank all my days for my honeymoon and secretly another Disney trip come fall. Don’t tell anyone. It can be our little secret. Hardy har har! ;);)

D35DFF1D-41BC-4689-9DAD-2B17DFBBBB9A_zpswzqvgktd.jpg

Did not sleep a wink the night before, not sure if it was the excitement, the nerves about my carryon being TSA compliant, or the fact that I was fighting off laryngitis. Ursula, take my legs but give me back my voice!!!!! Some people were too ecstatic I was speechless, cough JOE cough. I could not rub in his face that I WAS GOING TO DISNEY WORLD.

09037385-1176-4C0C-B8A4-77392357D6D5_zpsd8bjk3i3.jpg

Wore my little mermaid leggings to work because I am a child. I work for an orthodontic team and having all my patients ask me about going to Disney World just amped up my excitement level. My age category is definitely 8-12 because that is who I most relate too. HA!

Clocked out early and made my long trek to North Jersey. Got back in record time, must have been those pixie dust fumes in my gas tank. :p My friend’s brother was our designated Uber and I’m sure he kicked himself for offering to drive us two crazy loons.

BFB80FF2-6C5F-41B3-B4A9-5B3BE294C056_zpschovy1ta.jpg

Strapped on my magic band and admired the beauty of all that is Mickey’s outline. I love the new shape, didn’t think I would! It actually looks like a watch, IT’S MICKEY TIME.

87E34F08-B92E-4432-AFDA-9DD306621365_zpsmun3uvym.png

On the ride there, we received a text message that our room was ready! Don’t judge me that I never deleted my 2016 room notification message.

DCD5E0C0-AF43-4FD9-904A-04468D5462C4_zpseqbfjuw1.png

My friend and I had been joking all week that we’d be put in country. NOT THE COUNTRY BOOT! And lo and behold, there we were. She called up Disney to see if they could switch us to jazz, we’d been practicing our jazz hands for months! The cast member laughed, and apologized that the resort was fully booked; we could maybe switch our room later on during the trip. TOO BAD OUR TRIP WAS SO SHORT. :(

A655C602-A5D5-4A21-BAC9-1D3766C55FE1_zpsybmczybb.jpg

Nothing screams Disney World more than a pair of country boots! Am I right?! :p

We got through security quickly and made our way to the gate. Upon arrival, our flight is delayed. From 7 PM to 8:30 PM. WHAT! Lose an hour and a half of Disney time!? I cannot deal.

The terminal was packed. There was not a seat to be found. We circled round and round, myself rolling my carryon like I’d had one too many drinks. It’s hard steering a suitcase! We were antsy and then it hit us. One little spark of inspiration. LET’S SEE IF THE EARLIER FLIGHT HAS ANY SEATS AVAILABLE.

Turns out, it did! And for a mere fee of $75.00 each, we could arrive in Disney at 8:30 PM. We went back and forth… if we got there early we could eat in the food court, we’d have more Disney time, we could get to sleep earlier and be less cranky for parking opening. Budget trip my behind.

30F3D1FD-FDB8-47BA-B11E-F3F6F934CA06_zpsudxj6i6x.jpg

We were soon on the plane, vowing to not tell a soul we paid $75 to arrive in Disney an hour and a half earlier. Whoops!

The flight attendants asked if we could be the heroes of the flight, and of course we obliged.

AA3055E7-8240-41C0-8298-BB68923B1957_zpslz8o7quv.jpg

Throw the plane door out the window and save all the innocent lives on board? Ain’t no thing for Princess Nicole. Watch out Mr. Incredible. I’m coming for your costume.

D3444906-4B45-44A6-A37E-86BFD64C2A19_zpso5yvgnuf.jpg

7A25B2E1-4757-4BC6-994D-F730E802A379_zpswhhyfqyj.jpg

Heroes need their nourishment, so cheers to the first food pictures of the trip!

DD4791CA-F836-4C25-80BB-3036E80894D0_zpsitlhlqsm.jpg

Touched down in Orlando much earlier than expected… money comes and goes but Disney memories are forever. That’s what I keep telling myself at least!

7A0A7FA5-EBB3-4CB8-B3CF-5B4765558ACD_zps5etgojhr.jpg

The Magical Express area was dead, and we hoped we didn’t just miss the bus. Turns out the bus was waiting right outside for our arrival. What great service! I don’t know if I credit this to the fact that I’m now a hero? Hopped aboard that big beautiful red beauty of transportation and prepared myself for my ride back home. The butterflies were fluttering about in my stomach, I could not stop giggling, and I felt it deep down to my core that I was back in my happy place. You know that warm fuzzy feeling of being on property? That moment where you know your trip to come is filled with endless possibilities? Don't ever take waiting in the Magical Express line for granted!

5EB2F766-DDB3-41C8-941B-01F1245F5FE6_zpsfppgeych.jpg

Would our room be the very last room in the very back of our resort? Did they separate us from the general public on purpose because we are certifiably insane? Would my jazz hands feel betrayed about nothing getting their moment to shine?
:)

Captain Barbossa

I'm fairly certain the Pocahontas meet is right before the bridge to Dinoland, across the path from Isle of Java. Take a right at the Tree of Life and head towards Dinoland. Pocahontas's pathway is conveniently located next to the restrooms. Lol
That's right. I had forgotten where it was. It's down at the dock on the Discovery River. That's where Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore used to be many moons ago. Pocahontas used to be at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I'm fairly certain the Pocahontas meet is right before the bridge to Dinoland, across the path from Isle of Java. Take a right at the Tree of Life and head towards Dinoland. Pocahontas's pathway is conveniently located next to the restrooms. Lol

Thank you! My memory fails me, and we were sort of wandering so I don't think I was paying attention. :p

A long Disney weekend sounds like a good cure for wedding planning stress, or having to eat donuts at work, or a stubbed toe, or rush hour traffic...:p!! Take your pick, Disney cures all lol!!! I will definitely have a donut for you, one has your name on it girl, I’ll snap it’s glorious little picture for ya!!

Oh and the little girl mistaking Pocahontas for Moana?!? Hilarious!!!

Disney does cure all and I totally agree with your way of thinking! And i'll be salivating at home as you eat the donut for me :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Snacks in hand, we made our way into the rustic Rivers of Light amphitheater. The warm cozy glow of the lighting, and the stone bench seating, made it feel as though we were exiting a theme park and entering a remote ancient storytelling ground. Upon entering, we are approached by a Photopass photographer to take a photo holding a glowing lantern. Photopass approaching us instead of us chasing them down? They must have knew the "Rivers of Light" stalker had arrived. :)

BAF7A958-B330-45EA-8DC5-3EE7E44AC866_zpssf6jgzzm.jpg

10A4B6F9-89E6-4040-A3FC-78C97DA0C692_zps2nexv65o.jpg

I dragged my friend down countless steps, until we were up close and personal. The buzz of the theater filling up with people almost brought me to tears. I felt like I was about to watch my very own baby's performance, and all these people were here to view as well. It made my heart swell.

E19EC08F-1C7D-4007-BB5C-2A6DE5DFB95B_zps2lsb04eg.jpg

14AD5178-1F0C-4CF8-8743-88AED704BAD8_zpsa1jw7zbj.jpg

67857288-CC99-45AE-BD61-65829AD52215_zpsyzttsbj6.jpg

0A084D25-5198-441E-A014-C243F2C4C179_zpsyhwnwvuc.jpg

I could not stop smiling, I couldn't believe I was actually going to see Rivers of Light in person. I had heard so many mixed reviews, and I simply could not stand for any negativity. I would argue with anyone and everyone who had anything bad to say about my beloved show. And now I was finally going to bear witness to it live, I said a silent prayer that everything worked, that the lotus didn't sink deep into the murky waters, and that I would hold myself together like a normal human being.

62D5576B-6AF7-4071-8C72-7BB1BD9C53B3_zpsdlwjnerp.jpg

0A753B59-EA4F-4090-A9BE-475ECFFEC75B_zpsxsauigpj.jpg

697C90EE-95C2-4218-AF40-E691E3432315_zpszsdy1c9j.jpg

“ Of all the gleaming planets in our vast universe, it is only here on Earth that water and light harmoniously unite to create the wonder of life. We most graciously welcome you to a timeless celebration of water and light with roots as far reaching as time itself. Here, where the forces of nature meet in harmony, the spirits of the animals are free to dance together in the night sky creating Rivers of Light. We are united in this special place to celebrate the magnificence and wonder of all living creatures, for in life we are all one. ”

The lotus flowers made their slow entrance, it was as if they truly floated in with the movement of the "river". The ebb and flow of the dark water against the glowing lights captivated us all. The water lapped against the boats, the giant lotus blossoms mesmerized the crowd, and we were all staring off with wonder and anticipation.

5B496F28-60DC-47B9-9B74-B0A4E8909D36_zps5biw0emq.jpg

He touched my hand. He knew. Did I stalk you? I apologize. :p

45380CB8-68F9-4331-AA60-98B6DE1E5F86_zpsaczeqney.jpg

19AE083D-377C-4385-8482-E5D6F4181436_zpssdxjy63t.jpg

The warm glow of the string lights, the colorfully detailed lanterns, the subtle shadows on distant foliage of animals walking, and the animal sounds heard whispering through the trees, the ambiance had already blown me away. The show had not even begun. The trees twinkled with flickering fireflies and it seemed to put the whole audience into a quiet feeling of zen.

BE8B83A0-46DA-4384-B9AD-24A8AAB242C9_zpsev4znroq.jpg

I set my phone down, unplugged from the real world, and just immersed myself into Rivers of Light. It was everything I could have ever dreamed of for my beloved Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom with a night time spectacular? I had been waiting for the moment for YEARS. Repeat after me, ANIMAL KINGDOM IS NOT A HALF DAY PARK.

Rivers of Light truly is it's description. "A timeless show that celebrates the beauty of all living things." The subtle abstract beauty of ROL is perfect for ending your day at Animal Kingdom. I loved the fact that it did not use any intellectual property from it's films. It did not need to. It's understated beauty resonates with Animal Kingdom's message of conservation and appreciation for the natural environment. It transports you to remote areas of the world, from Asian jungles to the mountains of North America. Real life animals from all over the globe are showcased on the water screens. For 15 minutes, you become one with all this planet's living things. The original music gives you goosebumps, live performers send you into a trance, and the vivid floats remind us that we are all spinning on the great big globe together. We must respect and educate ourselves on the effects humanity has on the beautiful planet, not only for our fellow humans but for the creatures who call this planet home as well. Planet earth is filled with such beautiful landscapes and majestic creatures, and Rivers of Light reminds us all the we truly ARE ONE.

"It’s our rite, it’s our call
Every creature great and small
If We stand alone
We stand to lose forever
Raise your hands to the sky
On this journey you and I
We’ll grow stronger than we know if we stand together
Feel the Rain
Face the Wind
Touch the Earth
And take it in
Touch the Sea
Feel the light
Live the fullness of this life
Sand and stone
Flesh and bone
We are one
We are One, with the Oceans
Free to run, through the sunlight
Everyone, pure as water
Flowing in the wilderness
We are one in elation
Sound the drum, a celebration
Touch the earth
Feel the sun
We are One"

The lotus flowers danced back and forth in perfect harmony, the water screens depicted the animal scenes clearly, and the fire effects worked. Nothing crashed, nothing sank, and nothing failed. I said a silent "thank you" to the ROL Gods.

Did I love Rivers of Light? Was it worth the endless amounts of stalking, and waiting, and anticipation?

795A5DD5-88A8-4A70-A500-7C20F4FF834F_zpsu8r9a2bp.jpg

A7A1F7FC-131A-470D-AF21-180606AC91EE_zpse0cr5gjm.jpg

8E229B92-BA1E-4987-8F33-9FEC74EF1EF0_zpsali4jfu7.jpg

I loved it more than I can express into words. I listen to the soundtrack in my car, in the shower, doing yoga, and before bed. The message of Rivers of Light is subdued, it is not in your face screaming GO SAVE THE ANIMALS, SAVE THE RAIN FOREST, SAVE THE CORAL REEF. But it is a message that will stick with you, and make you ponder. It will resonate with you, and remind you that we are one, "bound together -by earth and spirit, past, present, and future." Animal Kingdom has always been at the top of my list, but now it's leaps above. It is hands down my favorite park. From sunup until sundown, Animal Kingdom showcases beauty and entertainment the whole day through. Rivers of Light is just the icing on the cake. It's a dazzling show of water and light, using the natural elements of this earth to showcase that Disney magic we all know and love. It offers a chance for quiet contemplation, it's a visually appealing experience. It was everything I could have wanted and more. I will retain my title as Rivers of Light stalker for years to come, and will wear that namesake with pride.

6583D7DD-4375-4CAD-96C8-05CC2F6CA194_zpsvueqtery.jpg

"Within each of us is a light. A light that shines in all living things. Here where fire and water bride the earth and sky, our light rises on the wind to join the stars. As we journey on this great earth, may we remember the light we share. May we celebrate our bond with the natural world, and the wonders that flow on Rivers of Light."

5DBF68B3-7C00-43AE-8C15-D2C0C099A2F5_zpslulfqvqn.jpg

4A0A8423-ADB7-45F9-86BB-4F32AC6B1416_zpskwvfiltj.jpg

3EBFA5CD-4913-498B-BDB3-FE8F051D759B_zpscns0mjtm.jpg

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We sat in the Rivers of Light amphitheater until the very last moment. I did not want to leave. I was in a state of complete and utter bliss. We were soon the last ones inside, and my friend promised me we could return one day and watch again. I texted Joe and begged him to change our honeymoon from Hawaii to Disney, and he conveniently ignored me. :p

What to do what to do? We were pretty tired, but I had so much adrenaline from experiencing the most perfect show, I could not simply leave with the masses.

32588F5D-3B26-4CB3-BFE2-BD0BE1D324AE_zpshgo16jhc.jpg

We checked the Disney Parks App, and River Journey had a 15 minute wait. The park closed at 8, it was 7:52. I had no idea the policy for hopping in line before 8 PM. Would we queue up only to be turned away? Should we try and book it to Pandora and give it a show? I couldn't truly be an AK number one fan if there was an attraction I still had yet to experience!

AA60B852-CF08-4CE7-9FED-FFFA981F0926_zpsududgawz.jpg

We booked it, and made it to the queue. We asked the Cast Member if we would be turned away once we got down to the boats, and he assured us we'd be able to ride. WAHOOO!!

74EC0237-0281-4D33-B451-17C5C1F84AFA_zpsgrcyn7l5.jpg

That is my only picture of this attraction, still in my post ROL stupor. River Journey was aesthetically pleasing. The glowing lights, the Avatar animatronic waving his arms, and the footprints on the leaves above our heads blew me away. Avatar was starting to grow on me. It's just so beautiful!

Would I wait 180 minutes for this ride? Probably not. But it is extremely well done, and themed to perfection. I applaud the imagineers for creating such a wondrous place.

2EDDF9BC-DFF4-4E1B-B041-4E11FCCBDEEF_zpsgcyc9tvu.jpg

We wandered around Pandora for a few more minutes, taking in it's essence at night.

I tried to photograph the glowing sidewalks, and let's just say this is not something I am proud of. LOL

E37461EE-9AA2-475F-A949-965E8BAA0F5B_zpsm04bypob.jpg

I again professed my undying love to Joe Rohde, and we made our way back to the Tree of Life.

CDCF7D3E-CF86-4C38-A8E5-B19C652D6765_zpsxz80hu3d.jpg

A297704A-1AED-4204-9404-9DB61A9FF1D6_zpsvqqmeqce.jpg

We caught the tail end of some Awakenings, and "Oohed" and "Aahed" along with the crowd. Hopped in line for the last Photopass of the day, and they cut the queue right after us. I think the AK cast members secretly love me. :p

436E31DC-EBC8-47DC-AE8B-9ACC25A479D3_zpsoutj8oun.jpg

BAD79672-B981-4DBA-BF09-C6851A8EBFC9_zpsfm2i0txj.jpg

DO YOU SEE THAT HAPPINESS RADIATING OUT OF MY FACE. I am not even exaggerating, I was the happiest human in the whole wide world.

We then slowly trudged back to our bus stop. I did not want this day to ever end. Would I ever wake up from the dream? This could not be my real life.

Snapped this awesome quality photo of my red magic band to match my red nails, I had way too much energy in the bus queue. :p

8421ED65-39AE-459B-B4A8-D70308DDF0D3_zpsqx11etak.jpg

I had posted a photo of myself on Instagram after Rivers of Light, and David Miller checked in to see if I liked it. See! We are friends after all. :p

A759E60F-F711-44FC-98ED-9D4D809D6A1A_zps4ja39rst.png

Since it was still early when we returned back to Music, it was the perfect opportunity to eat.

I had veggie pizza and a salad. I don't know if I was starving, or if nothing could get me down at the moment because I was on cloud 9, but this pizza was AMAZING.

E99CE044-5048-4A94-97BC-3A80A55CFC3C_zpsycpvkhje.jpg

With our bellies and hearts full, we made our way back to our Country abode. I could not believe this would be our last night in our musical new home. This trip was much too short! I tried to push those depressing thoughts to the back of my mind, we technically still had a half day, and a half day is better than no day at Disney. :p

592E1BFD-A607-4869-9745-C785FABF3570_zpsnoc1v3ex.jpg

We showered, watched Stacey, and chatted about how magical of day it was. My friend had become an Animal Kingdom convert. BEHOLD MY POWERS. :)

59A0C6FA-04D8-449E-850B-473BBEDC6DBB_zpsgc9ulzbq.jpg

Our Everest picture appeared, as well as this beautiful gem.

54219DCD-1DC4-4506-B229-F19AB1CBBC3A_zpsmoah3edj.jpg

71C154A6-B54F-4069-8432-B759907B8F14_zpsoujt6fmq.jpg

Maybe they should of kept that picture to themselves. :p

I did not want to sleep, I was too happy. I was living out my dreams. Disney is truly a place where dreams come true.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
The alarm went off bright and early, we could not waste a minute in Disney asleep! The sky's awake so I'm awake!

We had lived out of our carry-on's for the majority of the trip, so packing up was an easy feat. I had purchased too much, as per usual, so I had to sit on my carry on to zip it.

We had planned to wear matching Lularoe leggings for our final park day, but thank goodness my overactive bladder forced me to stop in the bathroom before exiting our room. My leggings had a HUGE hole in them. One too many Disney snacks I suppose! Thank goodness I noticed it, before exposing my whole bottom to an unsuspecting theme park. :p

Fare thee well, room 6451 Country Fair. I will forever cherish our memories.

C75B841D-3385-47C6-9AA4-0190CE5DC32F_zpsou3u9rvt.jpg

A6B5B3F6-0155-41B2-9E03-7E6EE7454503_zpstqxdhkt6.jpg

We stored our luggage with bell services, and made way to the MAGIC KINGDOM bus. Sorry Hollywood Studios. We shall meet again when you are less construction filled! June 30th I return from my honeymoon, and have a sudden urge to book a flight July 1st to the world. I must ride Slinky dog! :p

I'll never get sick of that first look of the day. I've never seen a more beautiful view.

35A97F6B-4028-484E-B4FE-30A893AE0658_zpsusm0nzg6.jpg

78FDFDB2-B6E8-4DC2-B158-F12856470E2E_zpsqiplojof.jpg

EE068DDD-ED69-4717-9284-0A66676AC25C_zpsszbztpnd.jpg

We had planned for months to wear our matching villain pants together. My friend bought her Maleficent ears on the parks app, and I scoured eBay for months prior looking for the Disney Parks Ursula ears. I do not know if they make them anymore! But they are so cushiony and sparkly! Back in 2014, we had tried them on and we knew we must live out our dark side one day. I had them on backwards in that photo. Whoops. LOL.

4523FB57-D324-40A3-8A05-FDF5A12D26BA_zpsx5f5g1kh.jpg

Leave it to me to rip my pants! OH WELL. Ursula did steal Ariel's voice after all, so my mermaid pants still fit the bill.

7D58CC2D-6184-4AC7-82D6-59806FE44A56_zpszaxzabyn.jpg

7C62539A-BE4D-4CF2-983A-27AB7FF7700E_zpsztb9h71t.jpg

93925B9F-E402-4A26-AF43-9CA1EBE95C38_zpsnql8qtfm.jpg

It just would not be my trip report without a bazillion Photopass pictures to start the day. I one day hope to visit at Halloween, I have yet to go to the Halloween Party, and hope my evil Ursula ears can accompany me! They were a rare find. :)

0E750DAE-8BE8-4D60-895A-16604BF644B8_zpsyebji5tl.jpg

02B890E8-CC63-4E50-92D2-28DD3C255FD8_zpsbeueqccn.jpg

938B76FE-043B-4F2D-8115-F6774953E700_zpsr0cgngky.jpg

We couldn't maintain our evil glares for long, we were in Magic Kingdom for crying out loud! :p

00889286-0F45-4E63-B62C-B4778514E1A7_zpsbfnyfosy.jpg

We were not poor unfortunate souls just yet, we still had a full day ahead of us!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Today we got to witness the Let the Magic Begin welcome show from the front. No behind the scenes views from Cinderella's Royal Table today. We were forced to watch with peasants. :p I kid, I kid.

594A2A86-1B00-4EC3-9F1A-A4516F7B8746_zps3cuqqfdb.jpg

183113B5-9AD6-40C5-B982-73D48D69A179_zps4lwqxncm.jpg

A16CD5B3-DB7C-4E21-B5BB-6776A9960EFF_zpsz0topjbn.jpg

51225532-7686-45CD-95BE-B2458E8203BB_zpsig5gykue.jpg

Look! My true love Mickey!! :)

3D153E35-4E2C-45F8-B731-4B6D1B19517C_zpsamfztrzo.jpg

The show was super cute, but it will never take the place of the Welcome Show held right outside the train station. It's crazy to think I'm one of those "old fashioned Disney park goers" who is leery of change. It's easy to look back at the past with fondness, as we always tend remember things with more sentimental value after they are no more. The train station welcome show was an early morning tradition, and it now holds a certain tinge of nostalgia for the days gone by. I will miss it dearly. I understand the operational and safety reasoning for this change, but I still miss that steam train full of characters coming into the station. And I have questions. Like do they still have a "family of the day?" Does the firefighter chief still have a speaking role? Is he sad about not opening the park everyday? I need answers.

Change allows us the opportunity to create new memories and traditions, and I know in time I will love the new welcome show just as much as the old.

AAC06C81-ECC4-4679-9A78-5DFCABE9CE5F_zpssphc7snp.jpg

89463437-C02E-42E8-A414-5B730889BEC7_zpsmeajkp2z.jpg

C5A324B1-2EC9-406D-9CFA-3B6B2184907E_zps67hfvduk.jpg

Where oh where were we headed! The possibilities we endless! Where would we ROPE DROP to?

7EB37F8C-278A-41FE-A871-00730BB9D7F0_zps0p8dca9k.jpg

:p

Breakfast was calling our names!

We hopped in the Sleepy Hollow queue and debated back and forth on what to order. Was is socially acceptable to eat a funnel cake at this hour?

6767D94B-18C0-4BDC-8982-839592BB4099_zpsihr3ikio.jpg

5CF4D191-0D32-4916-8803-480D1F3BE81D_zpsscdxqipu.jpg

This quaint little quick serve is one of my all time favorites. I snapped a creepy photo of the inside, because just look at the themeing. EVEN INSIDE.

23D2E7D8-1A05-4B7E-954D-4F394DA687E6_zpsqmyoi0my.jpg

The ovens are in old fashioned colonial style brick. The plates and knick-knacks that decorate the border where the wall meets the ceiling, showcase that homey touch of 1776 America. I could of commented on the details for hours, but soon my breakfast was ready!

5089E8F2-0F4A-494E-9064-3B75DFE5AE6B_zpsulljimin.jpg

D0F4BCAD-0702-4A5D-8511-26B8873281D5_zps1nigqojp.jpg

Iced coffee and a warm waffle slathered in melting Nutella topped with fresh fruit. Did Nutella exist in 1776? :p

294117C6-2DF7-42D8-AFD1-B37A7BEE9F41_zpsgzczn2qc.jpg

Who needs breakfast reservations when this glorious option exists? Is it any wonder that I ripped my pants? :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
If memory serves correctly, we headed straight to Haunted mansion upon finishing breakfast. Room for one more? We had a fastpass for Peter Pan and I begged Peter to take me to Neverland. Don't make me leave!

We then made our way to Dumbo. Wait times on our previous Magic Kingdom day had been crazy high, so we took advantage of the early morning lull. We only waited about 15 minutes.

0F884E6E-7A60-4FFC-9D25-17CC2D999E1E_zpsdqajbt2i.jpg

F9C53F46-ECD2-4CE7-92B1-1C4CA0282A09_zpsaint03ig.jpg

DD241F41-84DF-4F92-91A3-7B2287B76B6F_zpsxrtedfsl.jpg

73D89F9E-BB54-44FE-BE7D-1737BDF1CFEF_zpskxqexc3h.jpg

We giggled like children the whole flight above Storybook Circus. There's just something about Dumbo the Flying Elephant that makes you feel like a kid again. Flying high in the air to carnival music, we took in our picture perfect views. May you stay forever young.

Since we never got our 360 tour of the Magic Kingdom via steam train, we decided it was the perfect opportunity. Chugga chugga chooooo chooo!!

C9770113-5AD1-4F05-B237-4D206ECA9944_zpsm1yjt9yn.jpg

D042C659-E4A1-40AD-B6D4-467FC67AD610_zpszql33fym.jpg

03847638-5FBE-4AB5-BB2B-99CD064BD564_zpsw3gjmnp1.jpg

C8278743-964D-4DA1-A755-D465CA6FAE39_zpsmhyh6ngf.jpg

Crazy Ursula in the flesh.

0688023F-D212-47B0-ACA5-9937CD9853A8_zpskhoxiwfp.jpg

How gorgeous is this view?!

D730E80E-76C0-4842-BB4B-3981BA82750F_zpssixeq11r.jpg

4EF5FD64-2DC8-4347-9019-768D21777945_zpsgvrmvu5v.jpg

It was a beautiful day. Every day is a beautiful day in Disney though. :p

We disembarked in Frontierland, and I stared longingly at the empty logs running through Splash Mountain.

ADC655FF-D7B8-46A3-BF10-5D0F96FAF6C1_zpscuduy3px.jpg

EE9A988D-FC3D-409E-8A3A-E733DA10F59F_zpsjkkp2epq.jpg

I must go back! Splash don't you worry, we will have a zip a dee doo dah day sometime soon!

We wandered through stores, I was trying to find the Mickey Mouse ray-ban sunglasses. Unfortunately they had been sold out for months according to the cast member. :( I am halfway tempted not use my tax refund for wedding expenses and just blow it on these beauties.

EF30FE3B-D844-4925-89B0-DB44FF110410_zpsxtki5yyn.png

Quick! Someone talk some sense into me! :p

We did not find the sunnies, but my friend found this beautiful hat. You win some you lose some I guess. :p

CEABD2DC-4567-425D-A9C2-AC43E71541CB_zpslseoec6c.jpg

Headed to It's a Small World because we had some time before our next fastpass window opened.

06B6E3E0-F186-4CDE-AC6C-264361A51FE6_zps2ns89fxn.jpg

95D870B7-ABAD-490A-AA15-D8FF3D2BAEA5_zpsihq9mxae.jpg

7187E37B-9870-43B3-8AA8-408100F27874_zps0tjq83hy.jpg

I love when I catch the clock going off! It's such a whimsical little feature!

Our next fastpass was the one and only mine train. I tried to pretend I was Sleepy, but my big ole grin proves I'm wide awake,

8831EE66-E2BB-4C28-B9DE-5AD3DFE7A64F_zpssziszsnf.jpg

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, back to work I do not want to go! :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Mining for gems made us hungry so off we trekked in search of more food. My last meal in the kingdom. UGH! WHY DOES DISNEY FOOD TASTE SO MUCH BETTER THAN REAL LIFE FOOD.

We spotted Big Al, I think, on the way.

7B1813CC-6B6E-4A6F-8895-6F840447DDC4_zpsuspkdo0d.jpg

We decided to eat at an old favorite, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn. It's my friend's mom's favorite so we chose to eat there in her honor. She was extremely jealous of the photos we sent her back home. :p Oh you're not picking us up tonight at the airport? Well fine, we will just have to extend our trip. :p

I had the tacos 3 ways, with spicy breaded cauliflower. When I tell you this meal was delicious, I MEAN IT.

47F82774-A500-484E-BE46-D80E6CA92E75_zpsv8pilbob.jpg

A6291D0B-EA76-4F6C-AA62-3760056575E2_zpssz25s60b.jpg

This meal was SO FILLING, and so good! I had never had breaded cauliflower before, and I was impressed! I am currently drooling at my computer screen. I should get up and eat lunch, but I'm on a roll here! :)

We selfied in the bathroom, because that's normal.

6C028CDB-89FE-4C74-B804-57CD29F89018_zpsybghnmsu.jpg

After eating a ginormous feast, our final fastpass window of the trip had opened. Cue the tears.

We sat for a good five minutes in the Pirates boat, waiting for the startling flash of the camera. My arms hurt from holding them up for so long. We were hysterically laughing, and I think everyone in the boat wanted to push us overboard. I don't even know why we thought this pose would be awesome.

1793F0AB-4C8D-4ACB-9743-C8B4ECCCB99B_zpsslr3g9si.jpg

I made sure to snap a bunch of pictures of the red head, since she will soon be no more.

D0C3FE22-6A4E-4AB1-A6BB-39C9EDF71025_zpseh0ccwcq.jpg

F750686A-7B7D-485E-849E-250D5BB554A6_zpsae0cjfnq.jpg

73D486C4-7871-4842-BE2B-766E71A3E514_zpsojjodisz.jpg

69989106-0390-4FB2-809A-11D6F50B646B_zpsxefsx5cp.jpg

WE WANT THE RED HEAD!!

And then we made our slow journey back toward the front of the park. I could feel my heart breaking.

69989106-0390-4FB2-809A-11D6F50B646B_zpsxefsx5cp.jpg

EB2BF9C0-1939-4863-9489-B42C9567A110_zpssfnvi13c.jpg

62F8F6D1-5454-43AE-BB51-9D1D497C5FDA_zps3mljhafq.jpg

I know it's not good-bye, it's always see ya real soon, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Our bus arrived much too quickly to take us back one last time to our musical resort. We grabbed our luggage from bell services and decided we had a few minutes to spare to grab a snack. So what if we missed the Magical Express?

I had been dreaming about my cookie sandwich that I never got since last November, when I decided Hall of Presidents took precedence over waiting in the queue at Sleepy Hollow. Finally, the cookie sandwich would be mine once and for all! :p

D148E644-3730-4D2D-9538-37D1AA90FB0D_zpsnckhpels.jpg

My friend got some sort of chocolate cupcake, and there we are two hot messes rolling our luggage stuffing our faces. We found a table and continued to stuff our faces. It was at this moment, ice cream legit dripping down my chin, that a cast member walks over to us and invites us to try a new creation they had been baking up. It's a strawberry rose gold unicorn cupcake she tells us. We want to know how you like it! she exclaims. I swear, she appeared out of thin air and dropped this off at our table.

96ED9F71-FFB8-4711-A76C-B0218FDEF887_zps4qzjzuvg.jpg

We both look at each other, so confused, thinking there's some sort of catch. Do we have to pay for this? Did they just see us on a hidden camera eating like savages? How the heck are we supposed to eat this in T-minus five minutes to Magical Express?

My friend grabs a knife and cuts it in half. "We have to try it, Nicole" she tells me. I thought I was going to burst, I didn't even finish my cookie sandwich! We eat it, and wait for the baker to come back and as us our opinion. "I guess she's gone?" I tell my friend. We scream up to the ceiling, thinking we are on some sort of camera, that it was amazing. We then booked it out of the food court. It was seriously so bizarre!

406CA6FE-DC9D-4909-8A78-8FF713246A4B_zpsrusijlmp.jpg

Good-bye All Star Music! You've been good to me! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

And the worst picture of any Disney trip.

The magical depressed.

79C30502-AC48-4024-92E5-9B32A0952083_zpsffkr6cix.jpg

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
""

AFAA536F-5138-4A88-B38C-976638B5EAF8_zps4n2tke2r.gif

And so marks the end of the most magical trip to date. I swear they get better every time! I got to see Rivers of Light, I rode both new Animal Kingdom attractions, I ate until my heart's content, I met Ariel in her dress AND in her fin, and I created the most magical memories that will last a lifetime. My best friend and I are already scheming up ways we can return. All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust, right?

I thank you all for supporting and understanding my Disney addiction, and I'm glad we can all come to a place to share our experiences and memories. It's nice to look back on these trips, and to remember all the magic. I'll leave ya'll with my all time favorite Disney quote.

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- that is was all started by a mouse."

Songbird76

You must rectify this! I could spend a whole trip in World Showcase... maybe I should join you :p
You should! I LOVE WS. It's my favorite and has been since the first time we went to Epcot. I love browsing the countries. When we went in 2016, my DS was 8 and DD was 10...DS has Autism and does not do well with waiting or being patient and it was not his thing. DD is much more into learning and she loved it, so we ended up splitting up and DD and I went to the WS and DH and DD went to FW, but we only had the one afternoon and I was DYING to see the Voices of liberty, so we spent a lot of time in the American Pavilion. I wanted them to sing 50 nifty United States, because I am from Wyoming and they never get anyone from Wyoming. So we saw very little of the rest of the World Showcase that trip. We are hoping to get back in 2019, when DD will be 13 and DS will be 11, and we're working on patience, so maybe we can swing some extra WS time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom