Trip Report And At Last I See the (rivers of) Light: A Much Too Short Trip Report *COMPLETED*

Hello Humans!

For those just joining, my name is Nicole. (Sorry if you were expecting Buddy Boil!) :p

484A72B6-D9BC-49F0-9EF1-6AA0CA625301_zpsaegdhx9d.jpg

I am just a wee bit toooooo obsessed with Disney World and all things Disney, but is there ever really too much of a good thing? I’m just one of “those people”. The kind that doesn’t understand the need to travel anywhere else on this planet besides Disney, the kind that has more Disney clothes than work attire, the kind that stalks cast members instagram profiles… but we’ll gloss over those more intimate details. :p

I just returned from an extremely short trip to the World. And although short, I still feel the pain. It’s like when someone loses a limb, such as an arm or a leg, and they say they can still feel it. That is exactly how I feel about the removal of my Mickey ears. I have phantom limb pain from taking off my Mickey ear headbands. The ears are off, and the pain real. You mean to tell me I can't wear my rose gold ears to go grocery shopping? What kind of world do we live in?

After throwing a temper tantrum on the ground to my fiancé, complaining he doesn’t love me because he’s dragging me to Hawaii for our honeymoon, I decided the more mature, adult way to deal with post Disney depression is to share my story with you fine people. So let’s begin.

Who: Myself and my Bestie (we went in 2013 and 2014 previously)

49378180014_zpsf7106299.jpg

Where: All Star Music (We nicknamed this trip the budget trip. No park hoppers, no dining reservations, no dining plan, carryon luggage only so we wouldn’t come home with a bazillion souvenirs. A budget in Disney… that didn’t work so well. You mean that green Mickey lighting up was racking up my credit card? WHO KNEW?! :)

2EB930B7-5A5F-4834-99B3-3ACE88D6CEC7_zps27ik5xg3.jpg

When: Friday, January 19th to Tuesday January 23rd

Why: Why not? The best way to escape wedding planning is Disney planning! :p

Jan 19th
Our flight wasn’t until 7 PM out of Newark, New Jersey. I currently live right outside of Philadelphia with Joe, go Eagles :p but it was easier for me to get to Newark than my friend to get to Philly. And me flying alone is never a good idea. I once found myself in an airport closest. Yeah, no idea. I decided to work a half day instead of using a vacation day, because I’m trying to bank all my days for my honeymoon and secretly another Disney trip come fall. Don’t tell anyone. It can be our little secret. Hardy har har! ;);)

D35DFF1D-41BC-4689-9DAD-2B17DFBBBB9A_zpswzqvgktd.jpg

Did not sleep a wink the night before, not sure if it was the excitement, the nerves about my carryon being TSA compliant, or the fact that I was fighting off laryngitis. Ursula, take my legs but give me back my voice!!!!! Some people were too ecstatic I was speechless, cough JOE cough. I could not rub in his face that I WAS GOING TO DISNEY WORLD.

09037385-1176-4C0C-B8A4-77392357D6D5_zpsd8bjk3i3.jpg

Wore my little mermaid leggings to work because I am a child. I work for an orthodontic team and having all my patients ask me about going to Disney World just amped up my excitement level. My age category is definitely 8-12 because that is who I most relate too. HA!

Clocked out early and made my long trek to North Jersey. Got back in record time, must have been those pixie dust fumes in my gas tank. :p My friend’s brother was our designated Uber and I’m sure he kicked himself for offering to drive us two crazy loons.

BFB80FF2-6C5F-41B3-B4A9-5B3BE294C056_zpschovy1ta.jpg

Strapped on my magic band and admired the beauty of all that is Mickey’s outline. I love the new shape, didn’t think I would! It actually looks like a watch, IT’S MICKEY TIME.

87E34F08-B92E-4432-AFDA-9DD306621365_zpsmun3uvym.png

On the ride there, we received a text message that our room was ready! Don’t judge me that I never deleted my 2016 room notification message.

DCD5E0C0-AF43-4FD9-904A-04468D5462C4_zpseqbfjuw1.png

My friend and I had been joking all week that we’d be put in country. NOT THE COUNTRY BOOT! And lo and behold, there we were. She called up Disney to see if they could switch us to jazz, we’d been practicing our jazz hands for months! The cast member laughed, and apologized that the resort was fully booked; we could maybe switch our room later on during the trip. TOO BAD OUR TRIP WAS SO SHORT. :(

A655C602-A5D5-4A21-BAC9-1D3766C55FE1_zpsybmczybb.jpg

Nothing screams Disney World more than a pair of country boots! Am I right?! :p

We got through security quickly and made our way to the gate. Upon arrival, our flight is delayed. From 7 PM to 8:30 PM. WHAT! Lose an hour and a half of Disney time!? I cannot deal.

The terminal was packed. There was not a seat to be found. We circled round and round, myself rolling my carryon like I’d had one too many drinks. It’s hard steering a suitcase! We were antsy and then it hit us. One little spark of inspiration. LET’S SEE IF THE EARLIER FLIGHT HAS ANY SEATS AVAILABLE.

Turns out, it did! And for a mere fee of $75.00 each, we could arrive in Disney at 8:30 PM. We went back and forth… if we got there early we could eat in the food court, we’d have more Disney time, we could get to sleep earlier and be less cranky for parking opening. Budget trip my behind.

30F3D1FD-FDB8-47BA-B11E-F3F6F934CA06_zpsudxj6i6x.jpg

We were soon on the plane, vowing to not tell a soul we paid $75 to arrive in Disney an hour and a half earlier. Whoops!

The flight attendants asked if we could be the heroes of the flight, and of course we obliged.

AA3055E7-8240-41C0-8298-BB68923B1957_zpslz8o7quv.jpg

Throw the plane door out the window and save all the innocent lives on board? Ain’t no thing for Princess Nicole. Watch out Mr. Incredible. I’m coming for your costume.

D3444906-4B45-44A6-A37E-86BFD64C2A19_zpso5yvgnuf.jpg

7A25B2E1-4757-4BC6-994D-F730E802A379_zpswhhyfqyj.jpg

Heroes need their nourishment, so cheers to the first food pictures of the trip!

DD4791CA-F836-4C25-80BB-3036E80894D0_zpsitlhlqsm.jpg

Touched down in Orlando much earlier than expected… money comes and goes but Disney memories are forever. That’s what I keep telling myself at least!

7A0A7FA5-EBB3-4CB8-B3CF-5B4765558ACD_zps5etgojhr.jpg

The Magical Express area was dead, and we hoped we didn’t just miss the bus. Turns out the bus was waiting right outside for our arrival. What great service! I don’t know if I credit this to the fact that I’m now a hero? Hopped aboard that big beautiful red beauty of transportation and prepared myself for my ride back home. The butterflies were fluttering about in my stomach, I could not stop giggling, and I felt it deep down to my core that I was back in my happy place. You know that warm fuzzy feeling of being on property? That moment where you know your trip to come is filled with endless possibilities? Don't ever take waiting in the Magical Express line for granted!

5EB2F766-DDB3-41C8-941B-01F1245F5FE6_zpsfppgeych.jpg

Would our room be the very last room in the very back of our resort? Did they separate us from the general public on purpose because we are certifiably insane? Would my jazz hands feel betrayed about nothing getting their moment to shine?
:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Tell him it's payback for all he's cost you in food bills and new clothes/shoes because he insists on growing. Keep track of all your receipts and present him with a bill..tell him he can just pay it back in Disney trips with you and your grandchildren.
I also have receipts from chorus, band activities Disney and UNI trips, missing green grinning guy

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Even when your trip reports are complete you're still bringing the laughs! Always fun to read.

LOL, thanks I try! :p

Nice choice! I was recently enjoying a 9.3%er from your neck of the woods!

View attachment 268532

Could use one of them right about now! About to get a foot of snow :p

I probably shouldn't tell you but....I have those ears. I love the
m as well. They are currently residing in my suitcase ready to go to WDW in a few days.:cool:

HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR THEM. lol.. kidding, but not really! I am so jealous! Treasure them with all your heart!!

Ahh! The Disney gods will bring you those ears soon enough...

I hope so! I thought it was fate, @samantha788 tagged me in them, and I seriously responded so quickly, but i just wasn't fast enough! I debated hustling and offering 100 bucks but Joe told me to stop. LOL

NOOOOOO...I want you to have those ears so bad. I wish I could go back in time and snag them for you.

I want them soooooooo badly. I check eBay everyday. It's sick LOL

Songbird76

I have no idea how it happened either, its no problem, no need to be sorry I just hope whoever wrote the original post saw your reply. :)
I don't know how it happened, but I clicked the little up arrow thing next to the quoted name, and it took me to the original post...it was part of the trip report, so Nicole posted it, and I'm sure she is reading all the comments, so she likely saw it. I've had this happen a few times now since the latest forum updates/change to the new format. I am a tech squib, so I can't help with the why, but at least you don't have to worry about the correct person seeing it in this case!

BrerWayne

Our magical ride to the music was short and sweet, and I totally missed snapping a picture of the welcome sign. It might be for the best because my pictures do not ever do Disney justice.

271A0758-6965-4948-A361-B5B0A7CF7D8A_zpstkmolyfj.jpg

The arrival area of All Star Music that I found on Google images.

4C9E87BE-ED51-47E8-9AF0-7ECF3706D640_zpslywh3jpi.jpg

My image.

Some heroes are just not good photographers. I think I just get so excited about capturing the details that my hands start shaking and I just can’t concentrate. We’ll go with that. :p

7E10E8E1-4EE1-4726-A75C-6F06FFD99981_zpscnfjebz2.jpg

We wandered the lobby, just taking in the sights, and the smells, and the COLD. Um, Disney bubble can you turn up the heat? People must have been returning from the parks and they were decked out in winter coats and hats. Being at Disney World in January was so surreal! I’m so used to sweat dripping down every inch of my body and it was a strange feeling to need a jacket!

FD62B0AF-74B9-4D63-8E56-8BAA1A544823_zpsbyythuiu.jpg

We were both starved so we didn’t wander around for long. Intermission food court was pretty packed, so we decided to join the masses and eat. Guess when the parks close early everyone eats dinner at their resort!

D6DA018A-553C-439C-A997-E81BD1605521_zpsv5c4hvnj.jpg

My friend had the chicken nuggets, and I had the plant based burger
D7AC3058-70E3-4210-9A4D-8635A1CC4190_zpsrqba8vwc.jpg

039CD21B-9591-43B0-B21C-A11106775556_zpscmoh25x8.jpg

It was super good! I may have swallowed it whole I was so hungry! Was it worth the extra $75 to be able to eat at Intermission Food Court? You bet cha. The more time on Disney property the better... budget say what???

68D27CF6-456B-41FE-8650-065E246EE289_zpsjth8zhu1.jpg

1CBA9A75-2576-4BF8-B832-AFCCE38D267A_zpsdolnfqzb.jpg

We sat for a good while, trying to motivate ourselves for our trek back toward the Country Fair. I studied the map, I tried to guess-timate about how far it actually was. Would we be walking a 5k?

Turns out, the walk was not bad at all! Our room ended up being right at the very beginning of the first building, on the first floor. We scanned our magicbands and were in!

1CEF4CBA-A8EA-496D-A599-64804A7A5876_zpsqfsx8rkl.jpg

8457B39C-A6F5-415F-BE8B-C131063C821F_zpsl356ci1u.jpg

My first Disney trips were spent at Pop Century and All Star Movies, so something about the value resorts just brings up all kinds of warm fuzzy memories. They remind me of the absolute wonder I had first stepping foot on property. The big oversized icons, the hum of laughter, and the bright vibrant colors that remind you this is a Disney property. The value resorts to me are quintessential Disney. For kids, and even grown up kids, they reflect those innocent moments of childhood. The values are where, at any age, you find yourself craning your neck to look up in awe.

975EFA1E-5EE5-40B5-87D5-185001AB06BA_zps2gnsphhw.jpg

It was late by the time we settled in, and it was chilly! Thankfully I packed warm pajamas, and soon found myself snuggled up in bed, even draping myself in the extra blanket!

F71C7C63-7718-4F1D-B60F-70F096831284_zpszaokmffw.png

We watched Stacy on loop for a good hour, until I gradually turned down the volume. Unt pretzel, unt beer! Are you really in Disney if you don’t watch Stacy?

44E521AB-937B-40A1-B7BC-36AEB9B7EBAC_zpsvts312ug.jpg

My eyelids grew heavy as I dreamed about the morning to come. Magic Kingdom! It’s crazy how a year is filled with 365 days, and your memory only chooses to remember a few. Every single day I’ve spent gallivanting through the lands of Magic Kingdom are forever etched into my brain.
Stumbled across your trip report by accident. I liked your last report so much, I cant wait to read this one! Spending the extra $75 is a no brainer to me. Not getting to Disney earlier would have been the head scratcher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom